Sign in to follow this  
Stevie Wonder

9 different scorers in 4 games!!!

Astonishing statistic don''t you think. In Gunny''s 4 games we have scored 10 goals but from 9 different players. Bearing in mind only 12 different outfield players have started those 4 games it is even more amazing. Only the 3 full backs used have not scored (Semmy, Bertrand & Drury).

Keep scoring like this and at least we are going to be entertained again!! It is long time since we looked so full of goals! Admittedly, the defence remains a concern - the goals conceded tonight were shocking.

Long may it all continue!

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

Astonishing statistic don''t you think. In Gunny''s 4 games we have scored 10 goals but from 9 different players. Bearing in mind only 12 different outfield players have started those 4 games it is even more amazing. Only the 3 full backs used have not scored (Semmy, Bertrand & Drury).

Keep scoring like this and at least we are going to be entertained again!! It is long time since we looked so full of goals! Admittedly, the defence remains a concern - the goals conceded tonight were shocking.

Long may it all continue!

[/quote]

Except for the shocking defending, eh!!

McCanary - Walker never bothered first time round and we didn''t do too badly then. I do agree though we need to tighten up at the back maybe Butterworth will help with this. Having said that I believe Wolves are the highest scorers in the country this season - we are unlikely to come up against the likes of Kightley, Ebanks-Blake, Iwelumo etc too often in this division.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]McCanary - Walker never bothered first time round and we didn''t do too badly then. I do agree though we need to tighten up at the back maybe Butterworth will help with this. Having said that I believe Wolves are the highest scorers in the country this season - we are unlikely to come up against the likes of Kightley, Ebanks-Blake, Iwelumo etc too often in this division.[/quote]

Yes, I remember his philosophy of...make sure we score at least one more than them!!

Made for entertaining football though!

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]McCanary - Walker never bothered first time round and we didn''t do too badly then. I do agree though we need to tighten up at the back maybe Butterworth will help with this. Having said that I believe Wolves are the highest scorers in the country this season - we are unlikely to come up against the likes of Kightley, Ebanks-Blake, Iwelumo etc too often in this division.[/quote]

we have his assistant and 3 of his players, maybe a return of entertaining, high scoring games to Norwich

Of course if we do manage to tighten up at the back, as seems likely with Butterworh now on board, we''ll dedicate more resources to defence and therefore probably score less.I''ll still be happy with a few 1-0 wins though

butterworth is one of the best defenders we have ever had at this club, him and linighan at the back were solid .

having him as part of the set up is very good for the club.

I have an inside source, and Butterworth used to live in Blofield many years ago, and unfortunately injured it in a water skiing accident with a friend on the river year around 25 years ago.

[quote user="dnugent1985"]I have an inside source, and Butterworth used to live in Blofield many years ago, and unfortunately injured it in a water skiing accident with a friend on the river year around 25 years ago.
[/quote]

Gee, did you speak with one of his ligaments?

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]

[quote user="dnugent1985"]I have an inside source, and Butterworth used to live in Blofield many years ago, and unfortunately injured it in a water skiing accident with a friend on the river year around 25 years ago.
[/quote]

Gee, did you speak with one of his ligaments?

[/quote]

Yes, he did, I think it was last Yare

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="dnugent1985"]I have an inside source, and Butterworth used to live in Blofield many years ago, and unfortunately injured it in a water skiing accident with a friend on the river year around 25 years ago.
[/quote]Gee, did you speak with one of his ligaments?[/quote]Yes, he did, I think it was last Yare[/quote]Oh well Wazzy, you wensum, you lose sum! [8-|]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Didn;t he ask him to confirm that with a wave, but he didn''t Waveney ?

Wave any ?

Oh, never mind...[/quote]Ouse asked you anyhow? [:D]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]But he bleeds yellow and green [:^)]
[/quote]

Yeah, and isn''t that something to sneer about ! "Time and time again I have said on here that JC is a proven striker with the potential to score many goals for us alongside the right partners, within the right team structure and playing for a motivational manager who believes in him. My view is that Gunn has demonstrated obvious confidence in JC and the changes that have been recently made coupled to the type of players brought in and the fact that Cort (who I spoke highly of after the Reading match) is now being given an opportunity can only benefit Jamie and therefore all of us. I can''t believe that so many posters want to be so negative and critical of a permanent player at the club who so clearly wants to do well and whose confidence was so obviously undermined by the spite of the rat man." What is wrong with you people ? get behind the players, try and talk up the positives instead of being so quick to "slag off" all the time. God, you people make me sick...... sneering away at a player who wants to do well for the club.

[quote user="Buckethead"]Wye are Ure people avon a go at Jamie Bann Door Cureton there''s nothing wrong witham we need him in our teme show him some mersey.[/quote]

Yeah, so funny I laughed so much I split my sides. Buckethead, well named.

[quote user="Dorty Loons"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]But he bleeds yellow and green [:^)]
[/quote]

Yeah, and isn''t that something to sneer about ! "Time and time again I have said on here that JC is a proven striker with the potential to score many goals for us alongside the right partners, within the right team structure and playing for a motivational manager who believes in him. My view is that Gunn has demonstrated obvious confidence in JC and the changes that have been recently made coupled to the type of players brought in and the fact that Cort (who I spoke highly of after the Reading match) is now being given an opportunity can only benefit Jamie and therefore all of us. I can''t believe that so many posters want to be so negative and critical of a permanent player at the club who so clearly wants to do well and whose confidence was so obviously undermined by the spite of the rat man." What is wrong with you people ? get behind the players, try and talk up the positives instead of being so quick to "slag off" all the time. God, you people make me sick...... sneering away at a player who wants to do well for the club.

[/quote]

You fail to understand that there is a difference between getting behind the team and being objective. Cureton is a non scoring striker, when we have alternatives available. Taking your logic to its full extent, if Marshall drops a ball on the opposition''s centre forward''s foot every game for 10 games, but "wants to do well", would you continue to play him if we had an equally good keeper on the bench? Passion is one thing, but the team is more important than any one player. Many of us have been around football for many years  and we are simply being objective.You, on the other hand, as betrayed by your use of language ("What is wrong with you people?", for example), are being motivated by emotion. I appreciate that you love Cureton, and I have nothing against him at all, other than the fact that I believe him to be a League One standard striker, as 1 goal in 18 appearances tends to suggest.

We are a team on the edge of danger, not some sort of rehabilitation unit, so sadly hard decisons have to be made, regardless of how much players want to do well.

[quote user="Buckethead"]Wye are Ure people avon a go at Jamie Bann Door Cureton there''s nothing wrong witham we need him in our teme show him some mersey.[/quote]

Genius!

[quote user="Dorty Loons"]

Yeah, so funny I laughed so much I split my sides. Buckethead, well named.

[/quote]Cheers Loons was worried it might be a bit beyond the pail for some.[:P]