Sign in to follow this  
canaries

WINGERS FOR SATURDAY

If Carney feels up to it, I would give him a shot on the left side. But he has to be completely fit, if he''s not I''d go for Wes.

Definitely Carney for me - it''s harsh on Wes, but perfrectly understandable.

With Cort doing well, it''s hard to play Wes and it''s quite hard to play Killen upfront with Cort - they are both similar players.

[quote user="AJ"]Definitely Carney for me - it''s harsh on Wes, but perfrectly understandable.

With Cort doing well, it''s hard to play Wes and it''s quite hard to play Killen upfront with Cort - they are both similar players.[/quote]I do agree.  Definitely Carney. After his performance he deserves a start.  Maybe go european and play a 4-1-2-1-2 formation, with wes playing behind the front 2 haha

Wizard, Smudger, CT, ........oh sorry I thought you said whingers for Saturday!

[quote user="Linus"]Patty is looking a bit redundant now...
[/quote]

He''s probably missing his best friends Clark and Roeder.

[quote user="Linus"]Patty is looking a bit redundant now...[/quote]I wouldn''t say that. Patty''s a useful squad player and would probably get a spot on the bench if I were boss. I''d sooner have him in the side than Fozzy.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Wizard, Smudger, CT, ........oh sorry I thought you said whingers for Saturday![/quote]If this were QI you''d have set the sirens off and the words ''Smudger, Wizard and CT'' would be flashing on the screen behind you right now.[:)]

I just hope he doesn''t play Cureton upfront. I think Carney on left, Croft on right, Russell and Clingan in centre, although for some reason he''ll probably play Fotheringham. Cort and Killen upfront. I''d love to see Hoolahan play, because when he plays well he''s one of our best players, but can''t see where to fit him in.

[quote user="Broken_hearted_canary"]

What happens if crofty gets injured at any point -  can gow play on the right?

Seems to me we are well stocked for the left wing but not too many options on the right.

[/quote]and yh gow can play RW easily

Midfield would HAVE to be thus;Hoolahan           Rusty            Clingan           CroftI don''t think Carney is up to full fitness yet and Wes is always a great player at home (especially after he''s had a rest)It''s likely this will be the midfield and I reckon Carney will get on with about 20 mins to play (depending on the scoreline at that time!!)Up front I''d say Cort and Cureton will start. I like the idea of playing Gow as an attacking central midfielder too. Scored goals from that position for Blackpool and if he can get stuck in in the centre of the park then that''s the type of player we''ve sorely missed. But would feel for Rusty if he were left out.Get Cody on the bench!!

CORT

CARNEY                                                         CROFTY

WESLEY         

RUSTY                          CLINGERS

BERTY          LEIJER/GRONDS                DOC                SEMI

MARSHY

(ringing the changes as the game grows old)

Sure this line up will take some criticism just glad we now have the squad to have these debates.

[quote user="one 4 the future"]

CORT

WESLEY         

MARSHY

Sure this line up will take some criticism just glad we now have the squad to have these debates.

[/quote]I would play Drury rather than Berty, I know he''s less adventurous but I believe he''s better defensively and can play as a 3rd Centre Back when required, and the midfield is already very attack minded. 

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="one 4 the future"]

CORT

WESLEY         

MARSHY

[/quote]

I would play Drury rather than Berty, I know he''s less adventurous but I believe he''s better defensively and can play as a 3rd Centre Back when required, and the midfield is already very attack minded. 
[/quote]Fair point had that in mind,but thread was about wingers (respect for poster) just added the back 4 for perspective,didn''t want to get slash happy at the back Doc has been the only stand out.