Sign in to follow this  
the brock man

malkay(staying up)

i was serveing malkay in b&q and he we started to talk about how the team have improved and he bin saying that norwich have got a really good chance of staying up and then his wife took him away because he was busy wiv the gardening lol but i just wanted to ask do u think malkay is right because i think he is 100% rite wat about u

If we can stay injury free like last season then I think we have a great chance. We''re just as good as CP and WBA and reckon we can match any of the bottom six premiership teams so that should put us towards mid table safety. Then next year we can make a charge for Europe!!!!!

He should stick to gardening, he''ll be eating henry''s turf in a few weeks....if he''s picked.

Aye, its a funny old game. You never know....

Macca, what''s that all about?

Malky Mackay has been a loyal and committed club member for years now, and he formed the backbone of one of our most successful teams. Not to mention the great goals he''s scored - the one to secure play-offs in 02, the two against the (dirty) Blues...

Just because you are seduced by the glamour of the Premiership, and think that winning at all costs is everything, doesn''t mean you should insult our hero.

Lay off Malky. He may be slower than the average, but the players love him, the crowd love him and he''s contributed vitally to our cause in the last three years.

Win at all costs? I wouldn''t have been a Norwich fan all these years if I was a glory hunter. You guys let your hearts rule your heads, he wont make the grade, on occasions last season that was painfully. He''s never played at a level close to the premiership & you cant teach an old dog new tricks. He turns like the QE2 but he''ll sink like the Titanic!

Sorry Macca, you can''t judge Malky on his Premiership performances before he has had any.
He''s a current international defender and played great last season, judge him once the season has kicked off please.

How did he do against Everton last year? Wasn''t it Iwan who gave away two penalties? How many times did Malky get beaten for pace and a goal resulted? And its teams like Everton that we''ll need to beat next year to stay up, not Arsenal.

Sure there are better playersaround, but he''s worth a lot to us and, statistically, part of the best defensive unit outside of the Prem last year.... so he may not be pretty, or convincing at times, but he is effective.

Ama.

Or maybe just don''t judge him at all.

He doesn''t need you to judge him, when he''s already proved himself as a great centre-half.

In my mind he goes down as one of my all-time favourite players to have pulled on the great shirt of Norwich City. This is not just due to his defending ability, but his attitude, his performances, his goals and his lifting of the team''s spirit.

I don''t doubt that he will get caught out by the superior pace of the great strikers in the Premiership, but I don''t care. I still love him, and so should you for what he''s brought to the club, and the league status his performances have given us.

And as regards pace, Kenny Cunningham turns like a bus and accelerates like one too, but he was one of the most impressive performers from last seasons premiership.

Yes he was, thanks mainly to the excellent cover from the pacey Upson, & at international level the equally but deceptivly pacey Dunne. You cannot pair two slow centre halves in the best league in the world. Beating Everton, WBA, Cystal Palace & Portsmouth home & away will give us 24 points. I''m afraid it takes more than beating the lesser clubs to avoid relegation you have to take points everywhere & the sooner the better nobody wants it going to the last game.
I respect Malky for lowing his standards & leaving Celtic instead of warming their bench. He''s hardly had much competition for his place at Norwich. I dont think we can afford to get caught out early on, its very hard to recover. Charlton has proved himself at this level so should start. Flem does everything Malky does.....only better.
I understand what you guys are saying but keeping clean sheets in Div 1 means nothing in the premiership. As for established international, malky wont play when a pathetic excuse for a defender (Daily) is fit.

Gods teeth!not a serious ball kicked in anger and already poor Malky''s getting a slagging,have a bit of faith and give the poor b*****r a chance he''s not quite on a zimmer frame yet!!

It hurts me to see someone who claims to be a canary insulting our own players.

I have supported this club for a mere 15 years, but in that time have seen the heights of a third place finish and a European adventure, to the lows of near relegation to Div 2 and defeats to all and sundry.

Malky has been a rock in the middle of the current revival, and for you to turn on him just because we gain promotion is wrong wrong wrong. How can you forget so fast all the things he''s done for the club?

If you insist he''s a donkey, then there''s no changing you mind. So I won''t bother trying.

All I will say is Matt Upson is a friend of mine, and he would be laughing as loud as I just did at the view he is "pacey"!! He may be good, but quick? No.

I agree with u nolegs. Malky will struggle with the very top teams, but so do all the defenders - but teams in bottom 8 - well, Malky can handle it and himself. He will find it tough pace wise - but Malky is a valuable squad member and a good club man. I reckon he will start the season.

Nasty comments Macca
Malky may not be the fastest but he is reliable & solid.
If you see Celtic to Norwich as step down then maybe you are supporting the wrong club.
The SPL is the weakest league in Europe so what have they really achieved.

Agree that he wont always find it easy but no need for the comments.

macca, I would have thought stating your opinion was enough and would be acceptable even though I disagree, but resorting to personal insults in such a way is unnecessary given that Mackay has been a very loyal and committed guy. I''m sure you wouldn''t be so brave to his face so your behaviour on the board is not only unseemly it''s craven. Have a word with yourself or join the tractor boys message board where your style will be sure fire winner

Whilst I would certainly not slag Malky off as he is an NCFC legend for the service he has put in over the last three seasons I have to agree with Macca to the extent that I would be worried if he featured much next season. Its not just the top 8 teams we need to be concerned about its any team with strikers that have pace and in the prem thats just about all of them. Look at our "relegation rivals" or mid table teams that we need to get points off and judge for yourselves:

Palace - Johnson & ?
WBA - ok may manage against them!
Pompey - Yakubu & Lua Lua
Everton - Radsinski (maybe), Marcus Bent and Rooney
Man City - Anelka & Wanchope
Southampton - Phillips & Beattie
Spurs - Keane, Defoe, Kanoute
Villa - Angel & Vassell
Charlton - Euell & Johansson
Fulham - Cole & Mcbride

Just about every team in the prem has at least one quick striker and that has always been Malky''s weakness. If Helveg signs for us then i''m afraid I can''t see him starting many next season.

Well said jim, we dont all have to put our faith in him just cause he cut the mustard in div 1. Why wait to replace him, charlton was excellent in all the Bolton live games I saw last year a well rounded individual that will not be intimidated by this league. You cant afford a bad start which is why we must hit the premiership all guns blazing, its very easy to get stuck in a rut & expect to lose every week, sunderland had a very hardworking side the year they finished with the lowest ever points tally, you need quality as well as worth ethic here, malky is uncultured & will give the ball away too much, Im not doubting his servancy but I never doubted Iwans either, he still went, & in the best interests of the club, malky is an accident waiting to happen, I dont like saying these things but its true.

I don''t think anyone''s arguing that Malks is going to find it hard. I was just gobsmacked at the way you cut into one of the major factors in our promotion, just because we have now gained premier league status.

Especially when he did so much to get us there.

If you were a hard-working employee and you busted your guts to get your company a massive project, how would you feel if you were suddenly taken off the project before you even had a chance to show yourself? Pretty damn sick I would think.

Just don''t forget that Championship manager isn''t real. If we started the season with Malky and Flem I would not be worried. Experience, knowledge of each others game and pure determination count for more than you think - otherwise when Wenger came over to Arsenal, he wouldn''t have stuck with Adams/Keown/Dixon/Winterburn would he?

they have all played for england i think i would have stuck with em!!!! not quite them I''ve nothing against age its quality, he sadly doesn''t possess enough. We would have gone up if Shackell had played all season anyway. As for championship manager? i''m using my own perceptions of his performances nothing else, so he scored a few important goals, wow, so did Samasi Abu at West Ham didn''t make him any good doesnt make malky. Its his defensive temperament that worries me, remember the Saints in the FA cup.