Sign in to follow this  
Jon Moorhouse

Youth game v Everton

Decent match. At times we looked far the better side (start of first and second half) but had faded badly and never looked like scoring.

Their goal, free-kick, flew in as if hit by Hot Shot Hamish - came from their right back McArdle who looked fairly useful.

Our goal was comical - mis hit shot from 12 yards by Adeyemi that their keeper let inexplicably through his legs - I guess it was such a soft shot that he took his eye off it. We had hit the post and crossbar and they had hit the inside of the post late on.

Penalties - Rudd was superb diving away to his left three times to save. He looked a very useful and commanding keeper all night.

Cente backs looked good especially Dumic. We played 4-5-1 against their 4-4-2. Kelly played alone up front and did ok. Centre midfield of Omergie, Smith and Adyemi bossed the game at times.

Overall a deserved result and it clearly meant a lot to the lads.

Crowd of 350 with at least 7 Norwich fans there and a fair few that I would guess were parents.

Funniest thing was at full time the managers shook hands and half the crowd got up and left not realising there was extra time!!

Where are you posting from then Jon, you`ve obviously been to the game, a local presumably.

Were we outdone for strength and pace or did it look as if we were as strong  as them? 

Live in Leigh - so about 30 minutes.

To be honest - physically we matched them in the centre of the park - Dumic and Stephens at centre back were immense, but the full backs looked a bit light weight - Francomb and Habergham (although he looked pretty skillful at left back) as did the wingers Dawkin and Davey. We played Johnbull Omergie just in front of the defence and with Adyemi and Smith in front of him we looked fairly solid - and Rudd looked a decent keeper and a very good shot stopper - couldn''t work out if he was a bit crap at kicking at times or very lucky as what appeared to miskick a few that always found a Norwich player in space - if he meant them then he is some player!

[quote user="Jon Moorhouse"]

Live in Leigh - so about 30 minutes.

To be honest - physically we matched them in the centre of the park - Dumic and Stephens at centre back were immense, but the full backs looked a bit light weight - Francomb and Habergham (although he looked pretty skillful at left back) as did the wingers Dawkin and Davey. We played Johnbull Omergie just in front of the defence and with Adyemi and Smith in front of him we looked fairly solid - and Rudd looked a decent keeper and a very good shot stopper - couldn''t work out if he was a bit crap at kicking at times or very lucky as what appeared to miskick a few that always found a Norwich player in space - if he meant them then he is some player!

[/quote]

Thanks Jon, my lad used to  play with some of this agegroup, till he was "released",  when I used to  watch them  there were some really  skillful  boys, but they did at  times get outmuscled, especially against some of the London Clubs.

I  am pleased they  stood up  to the challenge, Sam Haberham is a very skillful pllayer as you  point out and still has plenty of time to develop the physique. To my  mind Tom Adyemi was always the one "most likely to" and I`m sure we will see him together with a  godd few of the  others inn the senior side.

Cheers!