Sign in to follow this  
newyorkcanary

FA Youth Cup Score?

Sounds like we were very unlucky not to win in the 90 minutes.Lets hope we can be spot-kick heroes again!

Penalties ensued and after James McCarten had scored for Everton, Bidwell, Duffy and Baxter all had their efforts saved by Rudd.

LOOKS LIKE HE''S BEEN THE HERO AGAIN!!!"Penalties ensued and after James McCarten had scored for Everton, Bidwell, Duffy and Baxter all had their efforts saved by Rudd."

[quote user="Flipside"]

Penalties ensued and after James McCarten had scored for Everton, Bidwell, Duffy and Baxter all had their efforts saved by Rudd.

[/quote]Beat me to it [:P]

[quote user="Flipside"]

[/quote]

Wow, Dec the hero again!

We must''ve won?Penalties ensued and after James McCarten had scored for Everton, Bidwell, Duffy and Baxter all had their efforts saved by Rudd.

How could they just post their kick results?  Rudd is fantastic.... C''mon, did we get the win?

I think we did:

"Everton suffered penalty heartbreak after a dramatic FA Youth cup tie that required extra time."

More...

"Everton suffered penalty heartbreak after a dramatic FA Youth cup tie that required extra time.

After a goalless 90 minutes, a thunderbolt free-kick from Lee McArdle looked to have given the young Blues victory.

Both sides had struck the woodwork before the Welsh youth international belted home a 102nd minute strike. But an error from keeper Adam Davies allowed the Canaries to equalise with nine minutes left and then visiting goalie Declan Rudd saved three penalties in the shootout."

[quote]

Everton suffered penalty heartbreak after a dramatic FA Youth cup tie that required extra time.

After a goalless 90 minutes, a thunderbolt free-kick from Lee McArdle looked to have given the young Blues victory.

Both sides had struck the woodwork before the Welsh youth international belted home a 102nd minute strike. But an error from keeper Adam Davies allowed the Canaries to equalise with nine minutes left and then visiting goalie Declan Rudd saved three penalties in the shootout.

The Toffees were dealt an early blow when Nathan Craig limped out of the warm up. Jake Bidwell stepped in, and looked keen to impress in the opening minutes.

One of his surges lead to a seventh minute Tom McCready corner, which Shane Duffy glaced dangerously across goal, Codling couldn''t prod it in though. Baxter laid in Codling again moments later but his first time shot was well over.

Josh Dawkin had the visitors'' first effort midway through the half, his effort was never going to trouble Davies though.

Canaries custodian Rudd was in action seconds later when Bidwell played in Hope Akpan. The rangy midfielder was clean through but the couldn''t beat the keeper.

Korey Smith appeared Norwich''s main threat early on, a notion he underlined with a shimmy and shot in the 31st minute that warmed Davies'' hands.

After the break Norwich hit the bar from Dawkin''s 49th minute strike, he capitalised after a mistake by Barnett and his effort cannoned down and bounced on the goalline before it was cleared.

By way of reply, Baxter lashed a wild left foot effort way off target and Wallace went closer with his 57th minute snapshot.

The same player threatened again before Dakin was allowed to run unchallenged into the box in the 70th minute. His shot went inches wide.

Just as extra time seemed to be beckoning, Baxter drilled a left foot effort wide with ten minute left, the strike the result of a swift Everton counter. From the next attack Danny Kelly hit the post when through on goal for the visitors. For the second night running the Toffees would have to endure extra time.

Just five minutes into the extra period subs Luke Powell and Conor McAleny combined well, with the former striking the inside of the post as he bore down on goal.

Dawkin again shot wide moments later, but a moment of class gave Everton the lead after all of 102 minutes.

Lee McArdle''s free kick from 22 yards went like an absolute rocket past Rudd, who probably didn''t even see it.

Ectasy for McArdle was followed by agony for Davies in the Everton goal. On 111 minutes, Adeyemi''s less than powerful shot went straight through the legs of the unfortunate keeper.

[/quote]

Man City are unbeaten in all competitions, not even Liverpool or Utd have been able to beat them

Fantastic, great result for the boys, all this stuff is terrific  for the whole club, winning mentality and all that, it`s infectious. The youth team rubs shoulders with the senior guys on a daily basis, can only raise confidence.

Great result - well done! But not just for the lads.The seniors will want to show they can do their bit too.(We will not lose on Saturday).

[quote user="Binky"]Great result - well done! But not just for the lads.The seniors will want to show they can do their bit too.(We will not lose on Saturday).
[/quote]

Yep, agreed.

[quote user="1dartmoore"]

That''s a great result. Declan saves 3 pens.

Hopefully there''s a few for future years in that team.

The future is bright

[/quote]

thefutureisyellow

Quote from The Despised One (months ago): "I let Lewis go because they promised him a game all the time which I can''t.  But we''ve still got Rudd who is one of the best young keepers I have seen for a very long time.  It''s a sort of club joke thing really......when we do the penalty practice it''s Rudd who nearly always win at stopping.  I''ve warned Marshy about this."

Who knows?

[:|]

Great result.  Well done Norwich.

Rudd for first team soon I hope, his Cup displays are bound to be of interest to bigger clubs.....

Pink''Un - "Norwich City will now face either Manchester City in the quarter finals." [:P]I''d prefer to see Rudd as a number two rather than Nelson

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Quote from The Despised One (months ago): "I let Lewis go because they promised him a game all the time which I can''t.  But we''ve still got Rudd who is one of the best young keepers I have seen for a very long time.  It''s a sort of club joke thing really......when we do the penalty practice it''s Rudd who nearly always win at stopping.  I''ve warned Marshy about this."

Who knows?

[:|]

[/quote]

Nah, it only proves tactical ineptness. He should have jolly fielded three goalkeepers and eight midfielders, including Hucks. [:)]