Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Why were we not given special dispensation to complete Davies loan, when Arsenal were given so much......

I see we had agreed to sign Davies, but we couldn''t get the deal done because Davies arrived a few mins to late to sign the paperwork.

But I was under the impression that if deals were agreed in principle then they can be confirmed/completed later.

This looks like another case were the rules are only in place for the big clubs!

All is not lost because we will probably sign Davies next week, but it''s still dissapointing because we could/should have had him for the games against Bristol and Wolves!

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I see we had agreed to sign Davies, but we couldn''t get the deal done because Davies arrived a few mins to late to sign the paperwork. But I was under the impression that if deals were agreed in principle then they can be confirmed/completed later. This looks like another case were the rules are only in place for the big clubs! All is not lost because we will probably sign Davies next week, but it''s still dissapointing because we could/should have had him for the games against Bristol and Wolves![/quote]

You''ve answered your own question there. Can''t go upsetting the big boys now can we?

One rule for them, one for all the rest of us.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I see we had agreed to sign Davies, but we couldn''t get the deal done because Davies arrived a few mins to late to sign the paperwork.

But I was under the impression that if deals were agreed in principle then they can be confirmed/completed later.

This looks like another case were the rules are only in place for the big clubs!

All is not lost because we will probably sign Davies next week, but it''s still dissapointing because we could/should have had him for the games against Bristol and Wolves![/quote]Have you got a link please? I did look on Newsnow but couldn''t find any mention of it. Thanks.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I see we had agreed to sign Davies, but we couldn''t get the deal done because Davies arrived a few mins to late to sign the paperwork. But I was under the impression that if deals were agreed in principle then they can be confirmed/completed later. This looks like another case were the rules are only in place for the big clubs! All is not lost because we will probably sign Davies next week, but it''s still dissapointing because we could/should have had him for the games against Bristol and Wolves![/quote]

Yes, everything is weighted in favour of the Prem. The deal was held up because Stoke were signing Steven Kelly on loan form Brum .Kelly couldn''t get from Ireland for a medical because of the snow, so we got put on hold. However, the Premier League approved the Kelly''s move yesterday. I see no reason why we should not therefore be allowed to complete the Davies deal without waiting for the loan window.

http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED05%20Feb%202009%2009:12:31:467

It was set in favour of the ''big clubs'' because only the Premier League and NOT the Foofball League sanctioned the extension

Jim, I think the point Marshmallow is making is that the League decided not to give any dispensation to League clubs because the loan window opens next week, so any deals that were scuppered by the snow can go ahead then as emergency loans. In the case of the Premier League, the transfer window was the only opportunity to do deals.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]That is a fair point. But I still think that because of the snow we should have been allowed to complete the deal.[/quote]It was announced mid-day on the final transfer day that the English Football League would not be extending the deadline or allowing deals to be processed after the deadline had passed.However, the Premier League did allow such if all paperwork was through and the deal was just being finalised and shizz (applied to Arshavin and a few loan deals).

The FA were very clear that they would allow delayed transfers in special circumstances for the Premier League.

The Football League did not agree to the ame rule as the premier league did! ..maninly becasue from next tuesday we be able to complete the deal!

And that is where we will lose out National.

The report on the main page says that Davies was available for the rest of the season, and emergency loan is capped at the 3 months. With any luck we will be home and dry and 3 months time but would have been nicer to have the security of a rest of the season loan.

Say we sign him on Tuesday 10th February. He''ll be available until 10th May.Our last game is on the 3rd of May. [:D]

The transfer window was do or die for the Premier League.  If you are still interested in Mr Davies you can get him next week.  The window has slammed shut for the Premier League.

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]

You''ve answered your own question there. Can''t go upsetting the big boys now can we?

One rule for them, one for all the rest of us.

[/quote]

That will be the same rule that allowed Arsenal to sign a player after the window closed but Leeds were not.

Russian Maffia!