Sign in to follow this  
Louis

Fanzines

Are there any at Norwich now? I remember Y''army, but haven''t seen it for a while. Do we have any fanzines in print at the moment?

It''s a bit OT, but I''d like to know.

OTBC

Y''Army is on long-term hiatus. The three main protagonists did it for three years but changes of circumstance meant that they were no longer able to put in the hours to produce it. There was a one-off edition at the end of last season, and another was in the pipeline for the beginning of this, but it was never finalised. There may well be the odd edition cropping up every now and then, but I don''t think it will ever come back as regularly as it was.

There was a point in the late 80''s/early 90''s when I think Norwich had about six or seven on the go at one point.  I''m sure for a while we had more than any other club at one time, even compared to Man Utd, Liverpool, etc.

I''ll try and cobble a list together unless anyone beats me to it.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

Y''Army is on long-term hiatus. The three main protagonists did it for three years but changes of circumstance meant that they were no longer able to put in the hours to produce it. There was a one-off edition at the end of last season, and another was in the pipeline for the beginning of this, but it was never finalised. There may well be the odd edition cropping up every now and then, but I don''t think it will ever come back as regularly as it was.

[/quote]I''m holding out for a belated second run on the HCUK t-shirts... I''ve no idea where mine went! Mind, I doubt it would fit at the moment! [:S]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]
I''m holding out for a belated second run on the HCUK t-shirts... I''ve no idea where mine went! Mind, I doubt it would fit at the moment! [:S]
[/quote]

There could be one for the Roeder era CNU...[;)]

In the mid 90''s when i started going there were 3 - Ferry cross the Wensum, Liverpool are on the telly again (later Man U are on the telly again) and I can drive a tractor. My fave was always FCTW. Y''army was always a good read shame the lads can''t do it anymore. Perhaps some of us on here could start one up again... any takers?

These are what I remember:

Ferry Cross the Wensum

Never Mind the Danger

Spud International

The Citizen

Sing When we’re Ploughing

I Can Drive a Tractor

Cheep Shot

Liverpool are on the Telly Again

A Fine City

Attack

Y’Army

I know there were one or two others that came and went very quickly but I cannot recall the names.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Wasn''t "Attack" called "Shaq Attack", and named in tribute to Keith O''Neill?

[/quote]

Think there may have been an ''Attack'' and also a ''Shaq Attack''.  Think the latter came much later.

[quote user="SPat"]Ferry ''cross the Wensum was always my favorite, haven''t seen that for years though....
[/quote]

Ferry Cross the Wensum was head and shoulders above for me too,with Y''army a respectable runner up.

FCTW was the best one for me, although it had some stiff competition.  Think they called it a day the year after Chase left.

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]I''m holding out for a belated second run on the HCUK t-shirts... I''ve no idea where mine went! Mind, I doubt it would fit at the moment! [:S][/quote]

There could be one for the Roeder era CNU...[;)]

[/quote]i did those hcuk t shirts, if there is enough interest i might print a few more off if you like.

[quote user="plan b"]i did those hcuk t shirts, if there is enough interest i might print a few more off if you like.[/quote]Splendid, I probably vaguely know you then? I forget who did them but I know they had strong Y''army links... Let''s just say we both know a balding, ginger Pinkun poster.... [:)]Is there such a thing as FCUK NY? No, that wouldn''t make any sense... but sod it... how about HCUK SJ(tm)? [;)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="plan b"]
i did those hcuk t shirts, if there is enough interest i might print a few more off if you like.
[/quote]
Splendid, I probably vaguely know you then? I forget who did them but I know they had strong Y''army links... Let''s just say we both know a balding, ginger Pinkun poster.... [:)]

Is there such a thing as FCUK NY? No, that wouldn''t make any sense... but sod it... how about HCUK SJ(tm)? [;)]
[/quote]

Would this balding, ginger poster have had trouble buttoning the top 6 buttons on his shirt by any chance?!!?  Didnt know he posted on here... whats his username?!

[quote user="Dions Lightsaber"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="plan b"]i did those hcuk t shirts, if there is enough interest i might print a few more off if you like.[/quote]Splendid, I probably vaguely know you then? I forget who did them but I know they had strong Y''army links... Let''s just say we both know a balding, ginger Pinkun poster.... [:)]Is there such a thing as FCUK NY? No, that wouldn''t make any sense... but sod it... how about HCUK SJ(tm)? [;)][/quote]

Would this balding, ginger poster have had trouble buttoning the top 6 buttons on his shirt by any chance?!!?  Didnt know he posted on here... whats his username?!

[/quote]God I''m glad its not just me... no one wants to see your ginger chest hair, man!! He''s posted on this thread about Y''army, I don''t wish to say any more at the risk of ''outing'' him...

Tis I!!!

Thanks for the compliments gents. I don''t know who you are Dion''s Lightsaber but odds are I employed you so be careful if you want a reference!!

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

Tis I!!!

Thanks for the compliments gents. I don''t know who you are Dion''s Lightsaber but odds are I employed you so be careful if you want a reference!!

[/quote]

Nah you never employed me (though I did write an article for Y''army once!)...  I used to work in Claims with an Acle legend and a ginger prince.  Not forgetting a binner called Geoff!

[quote user="Dions Lightsaber"]

Nah you never employed me (though I did write an article for Y''army once!)...  I used to work in Claims with an Acle legend and a ginger prince.  Not forgetting a binner called Geoff!

[/quote]Claims were scum.  The Payment Team was where it was at, sha.... Life Wing Masseeeeev! Innit bluh...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Dions Lightsaber"]

[/quote]
Claims were scum.  The Payment Team was where it was at, sha.... Life Wing Masseeeeev! Innit bluh...
[/quote]

Ha ha!  You could cut the atmosphere with a knife whenever we walked through LW4 - forget the Bloods and the Crips, this was deep rivalry..

I think the tension was caused by an underlying inferiority complex you guys had![;)]

I recall having to fight the temptation to pop that spiderman on more than one occasion...