Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

poor old lappin............. again!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]everyone was talking about how lappin would be brought back into the team now roeder has departed, since gunns arrival he is now even further from the 1st team picture![/quote]and theres a good reason for that

I think the point is that so many posters thought Lappin should have been plaing when Roeder picked the team and yet don''t mention him anymore.

What has Lappin done in the past few weeks to warrant this fall from grace?

I must admit I thought the departure of Roedent would see that Lappin was given another chance, I guess he''s just simply not good enough to even get a look in.When we did see him play he never seemed anything special, although there''s no denying he has a great left foot.

It''s difficult to see how Lappin would get in the team ahead of Hoolahan, Carney or Bertrand. He probably isn''t good enough, but it''s the way he was treated by Roeder that is a disgrace. The best thing for him would be to move on, but I''d wish him well. We''ve had other players in recent years who deserved far worse treatment than Lappin has received.

[quote user="The Colonel"]not good enough unfortunately. Surprising no scottish teams or league 1 teams have come in for him though.[/quote]

They have, they can''t match the wages he''s on at Norwich, so he''s seeing out his contract.

He''s steady and a tidy player with a nice left peg who has and never will let the team down but thats not enough, he doesn''t have the flair, speed or strength to really trouble opposition full backs at this level. It''s unfortunate as he''s a nice little player but we have better options in Hoolahan and Carney

Lappin is simply not good enough, I cannot believe the clamour from some people on this message board to have him involved?!.

Out of the positions he could potentially play we have LB :Drury/Bertrand LM: Hoolahan/Carney/Bertrand/Pattison and he is not in the same class!

Return to Scotland ASAP to a mediocre Scots Prem team where he belongs!. Harsh but true......

I think the point is that Grant gave him a totally OTT contract. And he has refused to move to a lower wage...thus frozen our clubs who want him. Which has annoyed NCFC and explains his treatment. Will prove as annoying for Gunny as Roeder

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]I think the point is that Grant gave him a totally OTT contract. And he has refused to move to a lower wage...thus frozen our clubs who want him. Which has annoyed NCFC and explains his treatment. Will prove as annoying for Gunny as Roeder[/quote]

Thar''s the way I see it and he was one of many that got crazy contracts in that year. It''s easy to forget that in this year of loans and short term deals. Roeder had a thankless task when he came here with those contracts to deal with. And whilst it''s easy to go OTT with Roeder bashing he probably left the club in a better position to move forward than Grant did. We are still paying for some of that madness with players on ridiculously long contracts. Given his age why was Cureton given such a long contract (3 years when he was nearly 32) or even Drury good servant that he is being given a four year contract until 2011. These decisions affect future managers player budgets as the contracts are much longer than the manager can be expected to last at the club.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]he simply isnt fast enough or strong enough for the Championship its only the fact that no other clubs can match his wages that he''s still here[/quote]

exactly my opinion

shame to lose one of our few permanent players but he might as well go. I''d rather see a youngster be given a chance at left back or left wing

Robert Eagle anyone? ;)

When we are winning, he doesnt look good enough for the side, and when we are losing, we are pulling our hair as to why he isnt playing!

Either way, he hasnt yet kicked a ball this season!

Like said earlier, not good enough, we don''t see the training ground daily and we don''t see what he is like, GR did and Gunn does. I think that Gunn likes to play quick attacking counter attacking football and I don''t think he could be a part of that.

Everyone has a view on Lappin - and as a fan of him I just want to see him play to see whether he really is "not good enough" or whether he could be a very useful squad player. But I must admit I have become resigned that even under the Great Gunn Regime, he was not going to feature again - especially with the new arrivals. But Fotheirngham is quoted today as saying:"I''ve got nothing for respect for him. He''s 100 per cent, he''s a

professional guy, he never caused any problems in his situation and

people forget his last game under Glenn was a game when the whole team

never played well down at Plymouth, and the week before he got man of

the match against Ipswich at home.
" (That was the 2-2 draw and when Lappin cleared off the line I think).Surely the captain wouldn''t spiel forth like that if Lappin really was sidelined permanently? Would he?

So that''s Roeder and Fotheringham saying the same things about Lappin. Will that actually help his case? [:O]

He''s a very good footballer and seems to have an excellent attitude. I saw him play centreback against the Arsenal kids and he was outstanding. He had time on the ball to pick a pass, read the game well and many  people were saying he should get back in the first team. The trouble is that football match was a million miles away from championship football and what we had to cope with on Tuesday night at Wolves and what we will get on Saturday from Bristol. I guess the left side is his option and he would be behind Bertrand and Drury for leftback as well as Hoolahan, Carney and Pattison for left midfield. It can''t be ability or attitude that holds him back so I rather suspect it''s strength and pace. But there''s not many others at the club who would have had the vision and confidence to score the goal he got against Cardiff last season.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"]I always thought he was an OK poster myself.[/quote]Yeah, that Simon Lappinitup is a nice guy. [:D][/quote]Aaaaaaaaawwwwww! [:$]

I don''t think he''s good enough but Roeder had a problem with him and he put that ahead of the needs of the team. Right now we have Carney, Hoolahan, Drury and Betrand but against Charlton when both Bertrand and Drury had injury niggles he refused to put Lappin at left back even though he was the only player fit eneough to play there. Ridiculous. 

[quote user="votepedro"]where does all of this point to for eagle then???[/quote]By the look of him, he''d have been better off trying to get a part in the Lord of the Rings movies.