Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Rivers - no contract at the towen

Apparently he is not going to get a contract there. He thought he should have done as he felt he had done enough, that sadly sums him up. You need to do more, fulfill your potential not just do enough. He said he wasn''t fit, but he was given, like every other city player, a summer fitness regime to follow, yet he obviously didn''t follow it.

Sadly too laid back for his own good.

It says a lot that when Rivers tried his hardest to impress he wasn''t even good enough for Ipswich. The guy obviously has an inflated opinion of himself and feels he doesn''t have to try as hard as his fellow professionals.

Lazy.

maybe i didn''t want to play with ipshit ok he wants to go to anouther team what will give him a chance

Well natalie, we''ll see if Crewe will take him then, shall we? It does seem a bit odd that even he himself claims not to be fit - why is this? Match fitness you could excuse, but that doesn''t seem to be the half of it, the rest of the players at City came back fit following their summer programme......

If I knew that I was going to be leaving a club I would make sure that I was fit enough to impress a new manager. If that doesnt motivate him nothing will.

A couple of months ago I said that I thought that Mark Rivers (or is it natalie?) would end up playing in the conferance as the lower in the divison you go the more important effort becomes.

You questioned your own answer there, Natalie.

He wants to go to another team - what will give him a chance?

There are a number of options open to him like Cambridge, Colchester, Peterborough, Southend or maybe Kings Lynn. Perhaps he could even phone his old mate Clint and try and impress Tony Adams at Wycombe.

What are you on about Natalie? Crewe goals were from Steve and Billy Jones.

On Rivers, the official Crewe website reports: "Mark Rivers was also given a run out on his return to South Cheshire and showed signs that he has not lost any of his creative abilities or goal threat. Dario has already admitted that the club will look to tie up a deal for the former Norwich City man this week."

''At least they gave him a chance''?

Er, Natalie. Both Norwich and Ipswich gave him a chance, he didn''t make the grade. I''m surprised he cut it at Crewe to be honest, I''m not being argumentative or nasty when I say div 3 is probably his level now like Clint.

Good luck to him though. As long as he stays off the burgers, fags and beer he should do ok.

I have had a look at what the Crewe fans had to say after Tuesday''s game and they were largely unconvinced overall. Doesn''t mean he won''t try his hardest though as Crewe is clearly his spiritual home, but he must surely know that that fact alone won''t guarantee him a place in their starting line-up. Anyway, good luck to him for next season. I hope he does well for the Railwaymen.

I agree Suzie, good luck to him, I think Dario is the man to get him to do it, if anyone can.