Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

prem footy rights new deal up 5% on last time...will city be sold now???

hot off the press - just announced live on bbc one news - new prem tv rights bids now confirmed as being 5% better than last deal...which is a great result considering the gathering  worldwide depression...as i speculated last autumn - prem club income will remain more or the same as before - the likely impact will come from falling ticket sdales/merchandising etc...and also an inability to raise funds on advance ticket sales and future tv income - so prem clubs will have to live within their income means, (plus any sugar daddy extra investment) becuase the credit crunch will effectively restrcit their ability to borrow/increase debt...on workable rates of interest anyway///where does that leave the poor ole champs???indeed - with negliable tv income, its likely the champs and leagues one/two - will be hit hard by the uk recesson and its reasonable to assume some clubs will fold...imo - moves to limit players wages via a cap - will be too little to late - but until the first clubs go into admin - there will be little change...regretfully - i forecast the attitude of the cock-a-hoop prem clubs will continue to be ''i''m alright jack'' in relation to the other english footy leagues...imo i see little appitite for reforming the prem chute payments for relegated sides,,,which as many of you know i regard as being anti-competitive, anti-corinthian and a runiously inflationary...however - the latest prem deal - will maybe enbolden investors (especially cash rich foreign billionaires) to begin buying english footy clubs again...the last sale was man city in the summer...so interestingly,,,i forecast buyers will be returning to the market again by late spring/early summer,,,and it could be that NCFC will attract a buyer who has the cash to speculatively invest in a tilt at prem promotion...so - first things first - lets stay up - and hopefully we''ll see a sale go through in the summer - but if so - the buyer will get a bargain,,,becuase imo its doubtful the board will get a full offer for the shares...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]hot off the press - just announced live on bbc one news - new prem tv rights bids now confirmed as being 5% better than last deal...which is a great result considering the gathering  worldwide depression...as i speculated last autumn - prem club income will remain more or the same as before - the likely impact will come from falling ticket sales/merchandising etc...and also an inability to raise funds on advance ticket sales and future tv income - so prem clubs will have to live within their income means, (plus any sugar daddy extra investment) because the credit crunch will effectively restrict their ability to borrow/increase debt...on workable rates of interest anyway///where does that leave the poor ole champs???indeed - with negliable tv income, its likely the champs and leagues one/two - will be hit hard by the uk recesson and its reasonable to assume some clubs will fold...imo - moves to limit players wages via a cap - will be too little to late - but until the first clubs go into admin - there will be little change...regretfully - i forecast the attitude of the cock-a-hoop prem clubs will continue to be ''i''m alright jack'' in relation to the other english footy leagues...imo i see little appitite for reforming the prem chute payments for relegated sides,,,which as many of you know i regard as being anti-competitive, anti-corinthian and ruinously inflationary...however - the latest prem deal - will maybe enbolden investors (especially cash rich foreign billionaires) to begin buying english footy clubs again...the last sale was man city in the summer...so interestingly,,,i forecast buyers will be returning to the market again by late spring/early summer,,,and it could be that NCFC will attract a buyer who has the cash to speculatively invest in a tilt at prem promotion...so - first things first - lets stay up - and hopefully we''ll see a sale go through in the summer - but if so - the buyer will get a bargain,,,becuase imo its doubtful the board will get a full offer for the shares...[/quote]just cleaned up the typo''s!!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]hot off the press - just announced live on bbc one news - new prem tv rights bids now confirmed as being 5% better than last deal...which is a great result considering the gathering  worldwide depression...as i speculated last autumn - prem club income will remain more or the same as before - the likely impact will come from falling ticket sales/merchandising etc...and also an inability to raise funds on advance ticket sales and future tv income - so prem clubs will have to live within their income means, (plus any sugar daddy extra investment) because the credit crunch will effectively restrict their ability to borrow/increase debt...on workable rates of interest anyway///where does that leave the poor ole champs???indeed - with negliable tv income, its likely the champs and leagues one/two - will be hit hard by the uk recesson and its reasonable to assume some clubs will fold...imo - moves to limit players wages via a cap - will be too little to late - but until the first clubs go into admin - there will be little change...regretfully - i forecast the attitude of the cock-a-hoop prem clubs will continue to be ''i''m alright jack'' in relation to the other english footy leagues...imo i see little appitite for reforming the prem chute payments for relegated sides,,,which as many of you know i regard as being anti-competitive, anti-corinthian and ruinously inflationary...however - the latest prem deal - will maybe enbolden investors (especially cash rich foreign billionaires) to begin buying english footy clubs again...the last sale was man city in the summer...so interestingly,,,i forecast buyers will be returning to the market again by late spring/early summer,,,and it could be that NCFC will attract a buyer who has the cash to speculatively invest in a tilt at prem promotion...so - first things first - lets stay up - and hopefully we''ll see a sale go through in the summer - but if so - the buyer will get a bargain,,,becuase imo its doubtful the board will get a full offer for the shares...[/quote]just cleaned up the typo''s!!![/quote]What about that one ''typo''s''

[quote user="I cant smell anything"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]hot off the press - just announced live on bbc one news - new prem tv rights bids now confirmed as being 5% better than last deal...which is a great result considering the gathering  worldwide depression...as i speculated last autumn - prem club income will remain more or the same as before - the likely impact will come from falling ticket sales/merchandising etc...and also an inability to raise funds on advance ticket sales and future tv income - so prem clubs will have to live within their income means, (plus any sugar daddy extra investment) because the credit crunch will effectively restrict their ability to borrow/increase debt...on workable rates of interest anyway///where does that leave the poor ole champs???indeed - with negliable tv income, its likely the champs and leagues one/two - will be hit hard by the uk recesson and its reasonable to assume some clubs will fold...imo - moves to limit players wages via a cap - will be too little to late - but until the first clubs go into admin - there will be little change...regretfully - i forecast the attitude of the cock-a-hoop prem clubs will continue to be ''i''m alright jack'' in relation to the other english footy leagues...imo i see little appitite for reforming the prem chute payments for relegated sides,,,which as many of you know i regard as being anti-competitive, anti-corinthian and ruinously inflationary...however - the latest prem deal - will maybe enbolden investors (especially cash rich foreign billionaires) to begin buying english footy clubs again...the last sale was man city in the summer...so interestingly,,,i forecast buyers will be returning to the market again by late spring/early summer,,,and it could be that NCFC will attract a buyer who has the cash to speculatively invest in a tilt at prem promotion...so - first things first - lets stay up - and hopefully we''ll see a sale go through in the summer - but if so - the buyer will get a bargain,,,becuase imo its doubtful the board will get a full offer for the shares...[/quote]just cleaned up the typo''s!!![/quote]What about that one ''typo''s''[/quote]is that to be the limit of your contribution???[;)]

The logic  follows in your arguement, I  suppose the question for me is who is likely to  invest? By that I mean, are we talking a mega rich Middle Eastern oil barren with unlimited finance looking for  instant success, cos if thats the case why would they go for a struggling Champ  team when they could go straight in and buy a Prem club?.

If it`s one of the "lessor rich" types will they have the real money we crave to plough into player purchaces, and will they be off if after a couple of  years they dont see a return?

Just one point I would argue with, LGT, is about the Prem parachute payments. Yes they are a lifeline to allow relegated clubs to restructure less painlessly - and yes they do distort the financing of the Championship, making it uncompetitive as you say; but I would argue that the chute payments should be extended over a 7-10 ten period.

If this were the case, and slowly tapering off towards the end, then more clubs in the Champs would be receiving money and there would be less polarisation of income. It would also be a way of pushing more Premiership money down into the lower divisions and reducing the imbalance between top and bottom.

But I agree with you that as the system stands at present, it is unfair.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

The logic  follows in your arguement, I  suppose the question for me is who is likely to  invest? By that I mean, are we talking a mega rich Middle Eastern oil barren with unlimited finance looking for  instant success, cos if thats the case why would they go for a struggling Champ  team when they could go straight in and buy a Prem club?.

If it`s one of the "lessor rich" types will they have the real money we crave to plough into player purchaces, and will they be off if after a couple of  years they dont see a return?

[/quote]agreed - there is a mini crunch occuring in the prem right now - but with the announcement of this new tv deal - that new injections of cash should begin to free that market up again in due course...so for the cash rich,,,there are bargains to be had - because lots of clubs have borrowed too much against their tv income and will find it hard to do the same this summer,,,and also because they are no debt model rivals in the market right now - in fact - those still in it are probably looking to exit when reasonable - such as the owners of liverpool,,,so yeah - its likely to be middle eastern/asian buyers that come in...or those superprimed offshored winners of the recently bust south sea asset bubble...40% of the world wealth may have been lost in the credit crunch/bust - but there''s always winners - i guesstimate 10% plus was trousered offshore by those in the know...and thats alot of dosh - tax free and now unrecoverable by the authorities...nice!!!i would agree that a buyer of NCFC will likely be a consortium of investors - probably uk - and most likely cash rich/off-shored...the best time to buy will be before confidence returns to the market - and that will not be before the summer - or until the first buyers return to the prem clubs...and so its likely the ''bottom'' of the footy slump will be the summer in the prem - and maybe the autumn for the champs - or when clubs go into admin...effectively - NCFC is unsaleable at the mo - because of the prevailing economic conditions - but when buyers return - will the board be willing to sell at the bottom???

[quote user="yellow hammer"]Just one point I would argue with, LGT, is about the Prem parachute payments. Yes they are a lifeline to allow relegated clubs to restructure less painlessly - and yes they do distort the financing of the Championship, making it uncompetitive as you say; but I would argue that the chute payments should be extended over a 7-10 ten period.

If this were the case, and slowly tapering off towards the end, then more clubs in the Champs would be receiving money and there would be less polarisation of income. It would also be a way of pushing more Premiership money down into the lower divisions and reducing the imbalance between top and bottom.

But I agree with you that as the system stands at present, it is unfair.[/quote]imo the chute payments do little to encoutage clubs to run as traditional companies - but everything to encourage them to borrow money (as in the past) and/or to invest speculatively (via rich benefactors) simply to compete with relegated clubs...but in the current climate - it is virutally impossible for clubs to borrow money in this way again and that the benefactors will likely be looking to reduce their exposure to losses...and so maybe more than ever - the relegated clubs this time around will find they enjoy a significant monetary advantage over other champs rivals...is that fair???no - and clearly the 2 year term of the chute payment is all about protecting players contracts - rather than allowing clubs to compete on equal terms and as tradtional run companies...but we also know that the conditions of players contracts have changed hugely since the chute payments policy was concieved to protect them - then it was the norm for clubs to wn their players over 3-4 year contracts - but now we know many players are loaned just for the season - and therefore i suggest the chute scheme can safely be amneded to recognise their new reality...the time is clearly right...your idea of extending the chute period would mean - over time - that there would be less inequalities - but nevertheless a level playing field be notable by its absence...at the heart of the matter - i still believe that players interests should not be put ahead of the stability of english football - and imo in this recession, there is a real chance that many clubs will go under,,,or that to survive - clubs like narrwich have litle choice than to constantly bring in loanees rather than own their own players - clearly - the present system is perverse  - bankrupt both morally and probably economically...so how to solve the serious economic problems facing the champs??? imo - it seems sensible that a promotion bonus be awarded to enable new entrants into the prem to compete better in that league - and that relegated teams should not receive a bonus for failure - either they should arrange for their players to take a paycut - or if their owners wish - to speculatively invest to keep their squad together...it seems to me that with this new scheme in place - unfancied prem clubs would by virtue of their promotion bonus be able to compete with other prem teams by a mix of improving players (relatively cheap) on fixed contracts - and more expensive prem quality loanees...if they went down - they could afford to retain the rump of their fixed contract squad - and let go of their expensive loanees...the time has come for reform - but player cap fugdges and reforms - but i guess nowt will happen until some of our clubs go bust...crying shame - the suits at the fa could change it now - but i doubt they will[:''(]