Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

I've just fainted!

I''ve just been surfing the net, like you do, and I found myself looking at the Soccer AM crossbar challenge dated 04.02.09; that''s where pro footballers have to hit the crossbar from the centre spot. This one was at Leeds United. And guess who won it - ANDY HUGHES! Take a look yourself at -

http://www.skysports.com/socceram  

Couldn''t believe it! Then I realised that the producers must have asked him to hit the corner flag........

Won''t hear a word against him. He showed a bit of fight and spirit while his team mates were largely wandering around like zombies.Can''t remember a better makeshift right back.

He is one of the worst ''footballers'' - and that''s a generous term for Hughes - ever to play for this club. He makes our current midfield genius, Fotheringham, look like Glenn Hoddle.  

We''re talking about someone whose greatest attribute was clapping at the fans and who was able to put the ball in Row J with alarming monotony when trying to pass to someone on the wing. But he ran around a lot, which I guess impressed a few people. 

Oh sod off. You won''t get much sympathy ripping into a player who did what most of us expect of any Norwich City player, regardless of natural ability.He got stuck in, he never bottled it, he looked like he gave a sh*t.That''s good enough for me.

[quote user="Herb"]Oh sod off. You won''t get much sympathy ripping into a player who did what most of us expect of any Norwich City player, regardless of natural ability.He got stuck in, he never bottled it, he looked like he gave a sh*t.That''s good enough for me.[/quote]Splendid, if on the off-chance I ever get to play for Norwich I look forward to your nomination for me as Player of the Season... I''m shite but I''d give it a good go...Sorry for the sarcasm but whilst I agree that having the right attitude can be important, it should never be a substitute for talent... which Andy Hughes had very little of!

Cant agree more. Hughesy always gave 100% and it really annoyed me the way he was treated here by some fans. Never going to be the most talented footballer at the club but you couldn''t fault his work rate

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Herb"]Oh sod off.

You won''t get much sympathy ripping into a player who did what most of us expect of any Norwich City player, regardless of natural ability.
He got stuck in, he never bottled it, he looked like he gave a sh*t.
That''s good enough for me.
[/quote]
Splendid, if on the off-chance I ever get to play for Norwich I look forward to your nomination for me as Player of the Season... I''m shite but I''d give it a good go...

Sorry for the sarcasm but whilst I agree that having the right attitude can be important, it should never be a substitute for talent... which Andy Hughes had very little of!
[/quote]

He gave his all what more could you ask of him?? Natural talent is something you either have or you don''t. Surely he didn''t deserved to be booed. He didn''t asked to be signed for more money than he was worth. That was Worthy''s fault!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Jason Jarret "gave his all" too herb.... but i bet you dont think he was any good?

jas :)

[/quote]See Georgie''s post above.To be honest I don''t think Jarrett got a fair crack of the whip from manager or supporters alike and we didn''t get the chance to see what he was really capable of.He never showed the resilience or guts of Hughes though in my opinion.