Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Come On Hucks, Do A Becks!

I see David Beckam wants to stay at AC Milan, and is now tying to get out of his LA Galaxy contract.

Come on Hucks, you know it makes sense, come on home lad.............we need you!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I see David Beckam wants to stay at AC Milan, and is now tying to get out of his LA Galaxy contract.

Come on Hucks, you know it makes sense, come on home lad.............we need you!

[/quote]Unfortunately, I think Hucks is more loyal than Beckham – he said he wanted to honour his contract with San Jose, and on previous form he''s as good as his word. Can''t see it happening, fantastic though it would be...

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Do we Wiz, I can''t think of were I would play him now.

A potential of a better balanced side without his presence.

Let him enjoy his retirement in the sunshine.

I just thought that as he''s now training back at Colney, something might spark him off again, and we''ve still not signed anyone better than him in my opinion.

[quote user="Norfolk Chance"]

Even if he did want to come back, he is under contract, and we''d have to pay a transfer fee. 2 problems with that.

1) We''re broke

2) We released him 6 months ago free. It would be bad business to pay to get him back

Give up!

[/quote]

I thought we were, not so sure now.

Err? well Roeder did actually, yet another cock up imo.

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]Bloody hell, Huckerby has gone and its a good thing IMOenough of the huckerby talk[/quote]Seconded. As much as I am a very big hux fan - bring on The Carney!

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="urdie_Canary"]Bloody hell, Huckerby has gone and its a good thing IMOenough of the huckerby talk[/quote]Seconded. As much as I am a very big hux fan - bring on The Carney![/quote]So you would rather have a loan player who has not figured for Sheffield United at all this season than a City legend who is still in love with the club and the fans? Not wishing to knock Carney, and I wish him all the best, but I''d take Hucks back in a flash. He can still turn games on their heads in a second, and defenders genuinely fear him.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="urdie_Canary"]Bloody hell, Huckerby has gone and its a good thing IMO

enough of the huckerby talk
[/quote]

Seconded. As much as I am a very big hux fan - bring on The Carney!
[/quote]
So you would rather have a loan player who has not figured for Sheffield United at all this season than a City legend who is still in love with the club and the fans? Not wishing to knock Carney, and I wish him all the best, but I''d take Hucks back in a flash. He can still turn games on their heads in a second, and defenders genuinely fear him.
[/quote]

Thank God someone else has spotted this.[Y]

[quote user="Coelho"]So you would rather have a loan player who has not figured for Sheffield United at all this season than a City legend who is still in love with the club and the fans? Not wishing to knock Carney, and I wish him all the best, but I''d take Hucks back in a flash. He can still turn games on their heads in a second, and defenders genuinely fear him.[/quote]Yes.The only reason why people want Huckerby back is the history and commitment he has to the club. If anyone else would have had the season Huckerby had for us last season and left, you''d all be offering to pay the flight to America. Hucks is gone; get over it, let''s move forwards, not backwards.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="urdie_Canary"]Bloody hell, Huckerby has gone and its a good thing IMO

enough of the huckerby talk
[/quote]

Seconded. As much as I am a very big hux fan - bring on The Carney!
[/quote]
So you would rather have a loan player who has not figured for Sheffield United at all this season than a City legend who is still in love with the club and the fans? Not wishing to knock Carney, and I wish him all the best, but I''d take Hucks back in a flash. He can still turn games on their heads in a second, and defenders genuinely fear him.
[/quote]

As with everything, there is another side to this story. He also cost us games by his unwillingness to play the easy ball, his tendency to dribble into 3 players then sit on the ground with his hands on his hips claiming a foul, and his lack of defensive cover.

I''d take Hucks back, but as an impact player. And I would say we have Hoolahan (although not quite as effective) as that luxury now.

Completely different circumstances, the only thing they have in common is that they play in US.Becks wants to stay in Milan because it could help resurrect his England career.Hucks is well past any hopes of international football and would struggle to even get into Norwich team.Becks might well stay in Milan - Hucks has no chance or intention to play for Norwich, he''s being loyal to his current team.

Hucks knows full well that he can only damage his reputation with NCFC fans by coming back. There''s no way he could repeat the form he showed at his peak so it''s far better for him to stay away, let us fans reminisce about how great he was and earn a few quid with the sun on his back.Put simply he doesn''t need the hassle and the ridicuously high expectations which would be generated by his return.......in my opinion.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Coelho"]So you would rather have a loan player who has not figured for Sheffield United at all this season than a City legend who is still in love with the club and the fans? Not wishing to knock Carney, and I wish him all the best, but I''d take Hucks back in a flash. He can still turn games on their heads in a second, and defenders genuinely fear him.
[/quote]

Yes.

The only reason why people want Huckerby back is the history and commitment he has to the club. If anyone else would have had the season Huckerby had for us last season and left, you''d all be offering to pay the flight to America.

Hucks is gone; get over it, let''s move forwards, not backwards.
[/quote]

Theirs another reason - Hucks has that extra dimension that not many players have and I''ve been watching football for many years than I care to remember!

He was by far our best attcking player even last season when he had injury problems and the big problem for Norwich City FC that was the idiot Roedernowhere was about who tryed to stamp on everything that was good about our club and that included Hucks himself!

Should never of been released!

I haven''t got over it particularly watching his underperforming replacements this season and knowing that Hucks would of made a big difference!

Resigning Hucks wouldn''t be a backward step but its unlikely to happen before the end of this season!

People who say otherwise are deluding themselves!

Hucks is far too loyal to let his club down when they have been so good to him and made him feel so welcome.

He''ll be back some day in some capacity I''m sure.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Hucks is far too loyal to let his club down when they have been so good to him and made him feel so welcome.

[/quote]Or he doesn''t fancy being booted around by some big, hairy arsed Championship defender and injuring that hip again [^o)]