Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

The One Good Thing From Roeder's Legacy

[quote user="plan b"]i dont know why but this post reminds of a scene from ''the life of brian''
"what did the romans ever do for us?"
[/quote]

But just think if the board had stuck with Mr Arrogant how many season ticket holders would not have renewed?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Barclayman artist formerly known as Barclayboy"]I hated the man for a) robbing us of watching Hucks in his twilight and b) of falling out of love with NCFC.

But if there''s one thing from the Roeder legacy, perhaps the only good thing he has done, its the players he has brought in.

I have been so impressed with Clingan, i think he is without doubt the best player we have signed since Huckerby. Hoolahan is a great signing, his goal v Saints was the best NCFC ''high'' ive experienced since the 2-1 home win over Newcastle in the prem, or the Boro 4-4, whichever was last that season. And finally Carl Cort.

Everyone laughed when we signed him and even Roeder said it was a gamble. And even a few days ago when i posted that Cort is looking like he might make an impact in the last couple of months, the next post was the typical ''you dont know what your talking about''.

Well i know what i saw when we played Charlton in the cup, and i know my football. Cort being the only positive to come of the game, and last night proved what i thought. Lets hope he can stay fit.

As much as i hated Roeder he did one thing very well, the players he brought in.
[/quote]To compensate for that he let Darren Huckerby go. GR was a disaster, only 4 permanents left of his signings.

Yes for all his faults he did make some good signings, Clingan & Hoolahan are quality players.

[/quote]

[quote user="plan b"]i dont know why but this post reminds of a scene from ''the life of brian''
"what did the romans ever do for us?"
[/quote]

...better sanitation...