Sign in to follow this  
Delia, When Do I Start??

Who Really Is The Fans Favourite??

The manager...and assistant......and first team coach......and chief scout............all legends in my lifetime.  Talking of Butters, I remember as a 16/17 year old going to McDonalds at about 1.30pm for a burger prior to heading down to "the old/real Barclay stand" and Ian Butterworth and wife coming in with burgers on a tray and asking me "are these seats free??".  Of course, I said, and they pulled up a pew on my table.  Butters asked me where I stood in the ground, and I said The Barclay, he said "oh, you''re in with the ruff un''s!!" and winked.  I nervously laughed, before clearing off to meet my friends by the fence.  How suprised was I when he came running out of the tunnel  at 5 to 3, having scoffed a big mac, fries, "hot" apple pie and milkshake only 60 mins earlier??  Legend.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Carney.. wait and see... ;)

jas :)

[/quote]

I really hope so jas but its early days yet. Plenty of players have had superb debuts but never really lived up to the hype. That said it sounded like he had a great game Tuesday and lets hope he can keep it up!

Croft for passion, Clingan for what he brings to the side and his determination to play good football. Two potential fan favorites for two very different reasons

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]Doherty for me every time! Loved the way he bear-hugged that defender to the ground before scoring the equaliser on Tuesday.[/quote]

I love the Doc,also the way he rugby tackled that burnley forward the day Worthy was sacked.

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]Doherty for me every time! Loved the way he bear-hugged that defender to the ground before scoring the equaliser on Tuesday.[/quote]As much as I love the ''Doc'', 99/100 when Doc bear-hugs someone, it''s a penalty! Thank the lord that one was in the other end! [:D]

Darel Russell for me, then Hoolahan for the passion he shows when playing. Big Clingan fan too.

Croft, Doherty and Clingan. And Russell will if he put''s in the same kind of performance tomorrow as he did against Wolves (baring the one big mistake), and Hoolahan clearly has enough talent to become a fans favourite as well....However i don''t think we''ll be seeing any of the players revered in the same kind of light as Huckerby anytime soon, he was a true loyal, passionate and talented legend......

To answer the question though, I think it would have to be Clingan, then Rusty and then Curo! Slightly controversial on the third, but he is still loved around these parts! I for one still have a lot of time for Jamie! I know he''s missed a LOT of sitters recently, but the boy''s heart is in the right place, and I still feel like that counts for a lot in these dark times............

Havent got a real favourite yet but guess Clingan and Hoolahoop would be top of my list.

[quote user="John"]Croft, Doherty and Clingan. And Russell will if he put''s in the same kind of performance tomorrow as he did against Wolves (baring the one big mistake), and Hoolahan clearly has enough talent to become a fans favourite as well....However i don''t think we''ll be seeing any of the players revered in the same kind of light as Huckerby anytime soon, he was a true loyal, passionate and talented legend......[/quote]Have to agree it''s one of Doc, Crofty or Clingan, although now Houston mentions him, possibly Marshall too.On balance the Doc in the end, partly because he''s one the longest serving team members now, but also because it wasn''t so long ago he was getting lots of stick. There''s always the comedy potential in the wrestling too - the sending off against Burnley was a classic - what was he thinking??? [:O]

I think the thread shows there is no real fans favourite at the mo!  I cant say I have one although Wes is the closest for me.  He has some quality which is sorely missing from teh team - just want to see it more often.

Quality over effort every time for me;  Effort will never win games - quality will.   

Croft and Doherty are my two favourite players. Two of our best performers and both of them give everything for Norwich City.

But there are a few others who I''ve got plenty of time for. Sammy Clingan is a class act, Darel Russell will throw himself into and infront of anything and Hoolahan can be brilliant with the ball at his feet.