Sign in to follow this  
Paradox

Will we break the £1m barrier?

I think I''m right in saying that Jon Newsome was our record signing for £1m ten or so years ago. I always thought that if (sorry when) we got promoted we would break this.

Now, it''s looking like we won''t, unless Worthy will pull one out the bag. Do you think we will?

If you were worthy, who would you sign for over £1m, bearing in mind potential wages?

Hmm, I think Primus will be pushing the £1m barrier, as Huckerby did after his tie-ins were activated!

I think we need Primus and an attack-minded right-winger then I will be extremely optimistic about our chances of survival.

Any views?

I don''t believe we will, Paradox. Furthermore, I don''t think we need to - as a stand alone transfer fee. However, if you take into account the wages we are paying some of the players we are likely to have agreed to hand over more than £1m over the course of their contracts. Hux is certainly one who falls into this category - maybe Helveg does too.

BTW will Helveg be squad number 21?

Sadly we may already have broken it with signing on fees, bearing in mind the bosmans we have signed

We might have to pay over £1m for Scowcroft....