Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

David Phillips...

Someone mentioned Dave Phillips in another thread and just wondered if anyone knew what he was up to nowadays?

While we''re on the subject, anyone remember that goal he scored against Crystal Palace just after Mike Walker took over? I shall never know how he did that...I''ve never seen another player score a goal like that...pure class. Incredible...respect!

I remember the goal, Phillips launched himself to the left like a keeper diving and volleyed the ball into the far corner. Ahhh memories!

Good player. Had a distinctive style of running - was he slightly bow-legged? Remember him coming back to Carrow Rd playing for Huddersfield - stood out immediately

[quote user="Binky"]Good player. Had a distinctive style of running - was he slightly bow-legged? Remember him coming back to Carrow Rd playing for Huddersfield - stood out immediately
[/quote]

It is an apt day to remember Dave P. After all, this game would not be going ahead were it not for the David Phillips Undersoil Heating System.

Cracking player.

Hi guys Coventry fan here was just browsing around. I actually go to Henley in arden sports college, i play in the team, and my coach is the one and only Dave Phillips. Very nice person. Still trains with us now and shows us all up, was a great player for Coventry (so my dad says) played in the 87 fa cup winning team. When we do shooting he has a terrific shot. He is currently a coach at Derby County. Yeah very nice person and by the sounds of it a good player.

On another point , David Bell, played brilliantly today looks a great little footballer with two good feet and a decent cross, also a good ball player. Thanks for him anyway.