Sign in to follow this  
Delia, When Do I Start??

***OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD VS BRISTOL CITY

Didn''t even realise it was a penalty... the scoring blue dot was well away from the penalty spot becuase it was covered with blue dots already

OMG

Did Doc need to do it..?  was it because he was last man?

[quote user="SpanishCanary"]

got to put clingan in defense with grounds as we have no defenders on the bench!!

then bring gow on for cureton and fotheringham on for hoolahan

what do you think i think its sensible

[/quote]Carney for Hoolihan other than that agree.

[quote user="Fellas"]Thanks Doc.[/quote]He made a mistake - I actually think he''s been one of the best players we''ve had; he cares.

Pleaseeeeeee take Cureton of and Hoolahan of and put teo of the new boys in Carney and Gow or Killen !!!

These are the same players as under GR and they are not good enough, we only had draws (3 points) v lowly Southampton and Doncaster and leaders Wolves. Everybody does if we had played like champions. Our defending in all those games was so poor, come on guys WAKE UP.

We are going down this way if we also lose at home to Bristol City. Where is the confidence, it''s not there already, very strange ! These players can''t handle it, same story as after the Ipswich win.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="book end"]Oh dear, how intelligent is Doherty? Why on earth did he bring him down???????????????? plonker.[/quote]

Sh  it happens, he was a hero last game, so dont be to quick to feed him to the lions.
Split second reaction, but marshal was the problem, not the doc.
[/quote]

Fair enough. I can''t deny sh*t happens. Not knocking him for his other performances, indeed player of the season so far imo. Do you think he had no option? Poor decision making as far as I''m concerned, therefore the question of his wisdom - on this occasion.

[quote user="YellowRoad"]

We are going down this way if we also lose at home to Bristol City. Where is the confidence, it''s not there already, very strange ! These players can''t handle it, same story as after the Ipswich win.

[/quote]

Get a grip.  Let''s not completely over react.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="book end"]Oh dear, how intelligent is Doherty? Why on earth did he bring him down???????????????? plonker.[/quote]Sh  it happens, he was a hero last game, so dont be to quick to feed him to the lions.Split second reaction, but marshal was the problem, not the doc.[/quote]Quick? He''s been a donkey since he joined, the odd game being the exception, not the rule.Marshall is becoming a concern I have to admit......

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="shyster"]Gunn''s decision to start Cureton is the right one - Roeder would''ve definitely dropped Curo for this afternoons fixture and lost the players confidence, as he did with Lupoli and a couple of others.[/quote]Unless of course Cureton misses another 2 sitters and costs us points, which will also damage his confidence and that of the rest of the team.[/quote]

Or maybe Doherty will give away a penalty and get sent off thus damaging the rest of the players confidences.

Just spoken to someone at the ground - sound like we could be in for a hiding  :o(

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="book end"]Oh dear, how intelligent is Doherty? Why on earth did he bring him down???????????????? plonker.[/quote]

Sh  it happens, he was a hero last game, so dont be to quick to feed him to the lions.
[/quote]

Quick? He''s been a donkey since he joined, the odd game being the exception, not the rule.

Marshall is becoming a concern I have to admit......
[/quote]

Im also worried about Marshall, one minute he looks the best in the league, the next minute he makes Simon Tracey look like Gordon Banks! Bit like Heruleo Gomes at Spurs, will pull off some match winning saves, but you know in the back of your mind he could cost you the game at any minute.

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="book end"]Oh dear, how intelligent is Doherty? Why on earth did he bring him down???????????????? plonker.[/quote]

[/quote]

Quick? He''s been a donkey since he joined, the odd game being the exception, not the rule.

[/quote]

The Doc has been OK this year, but people like you need at least one player to slag off all the time, or someone to use a scapegoat.

[quote user="Marty"]

The Doc has been OK this year, but people like you need at least one player to slag off all the time, or someone to use a scapegoat.

[/quote]

Spot on.  He was being mentioned as a contender for player of the season after the Wolves game.

fotheringham on for cureton..........hmmm

at least it wasnt predictable!!  see what happens now!!

I know we are a man short but to take of a striker ( I use the word euphamistically) and replace him with a mid-fielder when a goal down at home seems bizarre. Might be understandable if it was Gow but Fozzy? Lose this one and those around us will have yet another game in hand so it becomes stickier by the game. It wil be interesting however. 

I think we might either repeat the result we got at home last season against bristol

or play more as a solid unit with the ten men, and after the way we have been playing so far it sounds like the latter just won 2 corners while im typing this

So c´mon boys!!!!!!!!!

The Beeb have just said that we''re giving it a good old go and haven''t rolled over, which is something at least... and its not like we''re really going to miss Jamie''s presence on the pitch, are we? [;)]We really need a win, though... come on boys!! Eek!

[quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All the Doherty lovers havebeen slagging Marshall, so what''s the difference? As for him being MOM vs Wolves, are you kidding?  Defense gave up 3 goals.  Defense does not qualify for MOM giving up 3.

We sign 3 good players .. and keep them on the bench .. bring 2 of them on NOW .. Killen Carney or Gow .. I can''t understand anything of it anymore ... we need goals NOW !!!!!!!

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All the Doherty lovers havebeen slagging Marshall, so what''s the difference? As for him being MOM vs Wolves, are you kidding?  Defense gave up 3 goals.  Defense does not qualify for MOM giving up 3.

[/quote]

That''s rubbish -of course a defender can get man of the match if you concede 3 goals.  Think about Shay Given vs Liverpool a few weeks back - he was easily the best player on the pitch yet Newcastle shipped 5 goals.  Given pulled one world class save after another so deserved man of the match despite the ineptuitude of his teammates.

The idea of man of the match is that it is the best individual on the pitch - I wasn''t at the Wolves game so cannot say if Doc deserved it or not but he shouldn''t be ruled out just because we conceded 3.

Oh dear, how intelligent is Doherty? Why on earth did he bring him down???????????????? plonker.

All the Doherty lovers have been slagging Marshall, so what''s the difference? As for him being MOM vs Wolves, are you kidding?  Defense gave up 3 goals.  Defense does not qualify for MOM giving up 3.

That''s rubbish -of course a defender can get man of the match if you concede 3 goals.  Think about Shay Given vs Liverpool a few weeks back - he was easily the best player on the pitch yet Newcastle shipped 5 goals.  Given pulled one world class save after another so deserved man of the match despite the ineptuitude of his teammates.

The idea of man of the match is that it is the best individual on the pitch - I wasn''t at the Wolves game so cannot say if Doc deserved it or not but he shouldn''t be ruled out just because we conceded 3.

Maybe if the rest of the team is crap, but it was not.  Anyways, it seems like every time we give up 2 or 3, all the Doherty posse say he is MOM.  When you factor in his plusses and minuses, he is barely average by CCC standards.  HIsplusses are great but his minuses are devastating.