Sign in to follow this  
HoneyBadger

Was it a penalty?

Yes it was, as was the handball from a Russell shot in the first half, the foul on Drury in the second half, and there was a valid claim for Cort being manhandled in the area too.

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]

Definite penalty.

Doherty should have left it for Marshall IMO

[/quote]What would Marshall had done with it? Except pick the ball out of his net because of his stupid error of course.

What on Earth are you on about?Not sure if you noticed but Marshall did kick the ball straight at Adebola, and what was Doherty going to do, just let him run clear? He was going to score and had to try and stop him somehow, he was left with little choice. If Marshall could kick a bloody ball it would never had happened.

Oh I''m not saying you think it wasn''t his fault but I just don''t think that Doc could have done anything else. Definite penalty and a definite red card but I don''t think it''s fair for him to take any blame for it at all.

I was in the N&P level with it and I thought Doc got the ball. I have to say though that I was the only in the group sat near me who thought so. It was a shame so many of those gave him some stick when he shouldn''t have been put in that situation! The tackle on Drury was 100% penalty all the way.

Anyway, what''s really winding me up (other than driving my nearly new car into the bloody side of the Riverside multi-story) is the reaction of our backline after the first goal. There was no show of emotion, no inquest, they just jogged back to get ready for the kick off. It was only Clingan who seemed motivated enough to ask what was going on. 

Doherty got the ball and I don''t think it was a penalty, but I would concede it wasn''t the best tackle, so I understand why he gave it.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]What on Earth are you on about?

Not sure if you noticed but Marshall did kick the ball straight at Adebola, and what was Doherty going to do, just let him run clear? He was going to score and had to try and stop him somehow, he was left with little choice. If Marshall could kick a bloody ball it would never had happened.
[/quote]

I wasnt at the game because of uni, so I didnt actualy see the kick. I have noticed that he is far to casual when he kicks the ball. It appears he is far too confident and subsequently does not concentrate enough on his kicks which therefore leads to mistakes. What does everyone else think?

I''m getting fed up with Marshall costing us so many goals, he may be a good shot stopper but his kicking is an absolute joke. I''m sure he has cost us far more points than he''s gained us this season. If we had a decent reserve keeper I''d drop him for a few games, we are getting to the stage where we can''t afford to give so many stupid goals away. Having said that the whole defence are a complete joke, how much room did their player have to score the first goal and there were a few more occasions in the first half where they had far to much space and should have scored. It''s the same old mistakes from our defence game after game and it seems none of them are good enough to stop the rot.

Does it matter? That tw*t D''Arsehole would have given them a penalty even if Doc had clearly got the ball. Personally I thought it was a penalty but then the decision not to give one for Drury being barged over was nothing short of cheating.

Graham, Doc had more of a choice than you make out, and he made the wrong one. I think the statistic is that nearly 90% of pens end up in the back of the net. So would''t Doc have been better to let Adebola take a shot at Marsh, he''s hardly bloody Fernando Torres is he?! That way, at least if Adebola did score we''d have had 11 men on the pitch to try and get something from the game. Or do you still think that it''s better to take a 1 in 10 chance and play the 2nd half with 10 men?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Graham, Doc had more of a choice than you make out, and he made the wrong one. I think the statistic is that nearly 90% of pens end up in the back of the net. So would''t Doc have been better to let Adebola take a shot at Marsh, he''s hardly bloody Fernando Torres is he?! That way, at least if Adebola did score we''d have had 11 men on the pitch to try and get something from the game. Or do you still think that it''s better to take a 1 in 10 chance and play the 2nd half with 10 men?[/quote]Or he could have made a wonderful tackle and enjoyed the praise of all the players and fans alike.Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Not seen the TV yet but several fans who have assure me he played the ball - impossible to tell from the barclay. 

It is a decision thing;  doc reacted faster to teh situation than either marshall (who takes full blame for the goal - how long does he need to clear the ball)  or grounds who were both closer to it.  He covered a lot of ground and he decided he could get a goal saving tackle in.  In D''Ursos eyes he did not.

There were two alternatives - he sits and watches (clingan and Russells favoured approach of the day) to see what Adebola does and lets Marshall take the rap.  Or he plays true to himself,  avoids the he does not care, cant be bothered is too slow to get there allegations that will follow tries to cover the ground and do something about it.  Shoudl he have stayed on his feet?  With hindsight yes.   Would he do the same thing again?  Would I want him to try the same thing again?  Yes I would.

I don''t want to defend D''Urso, who is useless, but the linesman gave the penalty and from thereon the sending off was inevitable.

[quote user="Apoptosis"]Well was it, from where i was in the south stand i''m almost certain the good dr got the ball?[/quote]

Just seen it on the Championship and Doc definitely played the ball and the player went down over his leg. However from D''Urso''s position it may well have looked like Doc brought him down. How that fool didn''t give us the penalty in the second half is incredible. No wonder Gunny was upset after the game.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]

Definite penalty.

Doherty should have left it for Marshall IMO

[/quote]

What would Marshall had done with it? Except pick the ball out of his net because of his stupid error of course.
[/quote]

instead of taking a touch and standing with the ball at his feet like a dunce whilst the Bristol city player closes him down he should have launched it up to Carl Corts head!2 mistakes in 2 games now for Marshall, add to that high profile mistakes this season (Palace and Derby to name but 2) plus all the mistakes of last season.... the management team really need to look at this position in the summer....

If Marshall had wellied it upfield we wouldnt of been having this discussion....instead he stood there like a fart in a trance and cost us the match.. we have now lost the doc for 3 games.. i think gunn should drop Marshall for 3 games too as a punishment....

he''s had enough chances now as far as im concerned.... the sooner that idiot is dropped the better.

jas :)

was in line with it he seemed to get both the man and the ball but tackle came from behind so as soon as there man went down was only one outcome drury''s couldn''t of been a clearer pen the fa want respect for refs is time they appointed some that deserve it!

[quote user="crafty canary"]

[quote user="Apoptosis"]Well was it, from where i was in the south stand i''m almost certain the good dr got the ball?[/quote]

Just seen it on the Championship and Doc definitely played the ball and the player went down over his leg. However from D''Urso''s position it may well have looked like Doc brought him down. How that fool didn''t give us the penalty in the second half is incredible. No wonder Gunny was upset after the game.

[/quote]

Totally agree Crafty, Doc clearly got the ball, and Drury was definately clattered in the back, how many points has that pox of binner Durso cost us so far in his career?

Definitely NOT a penalty. It happened just below me and Doc played the ball first. Look at the replay and see which direction the ball went after contact - Doc got a touch of the ball first and then Adebola''s foot.