Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Jon Otsemobor....

The amount of times today he went inside today or missed crofty completely was appalling.

Crofty often made great positions for himself and kept shouting to Jon to pass it up the wing but he missed crofty completely. Despite being ''ignored'' (for want of a better word) by Jon he was man of the match which says a hell of a lot.

Sorry if this has already been covered but I''ve only just managed to get onto the pinkun m/b (technical problems with the site?)

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]

The amount of times today he went inside today or missed crofty completely was appalling.

Crofty often made great positions for himself and kept shouting to Jon to pass it up the wing but he missed crofty completely. Despite being ''ignored'' (for want of a better word) by Jon he was man of the match which says a hell of a lot.

Sorry if this has already been covered but I''ve only just managed to get onto the pinkun m/b (technical problems with the site?)

[/quote]

Every time Otsemebor gets the ball I feel like running on the pitch and kicking him up the arse to try and get him to move a bit quicker, he has to be one of the most frustrating players I have ever seen. Bags of pace but is so layed back he''s half asleep most of the time, sadly not good enough either defensively or offensively imo.

Jon Otsemobor is an absolute waste of space! More so than any other player I can think of. When he first came it seemed as if he had all the attributes to be a first class full back in this division, but his nonchalant attitude and lack of footballing brain are the most annoying thing for me every Saturday afternoon.

If we had anybody else who could play that role, I would happily never see Jon in the team again - he really isn''t worthy of the yellow and green.

GOOD PLAYER WITH SO  MUCH ABILITY AND PACE...COULD BE THE BEST RIGHT BACK IN THE LEAGUE...IF HE COULD GIVE A TOSS.....I WENT TODAY AND HE COULD HAVE DONE SO MUCH MORE...OVER LAPPED..BEEN AN OUTLET..BUT SO FRUSTRATING...GOT THE LOT IN HIS LOCKER

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]GOOD PLAYER WITH SO  MUCH ABILITY AND PACE...COULD BE THE BEST RIGHT BACK IN THE LEAGUE...IF HE COULD GIVE A TOSS.....I WENT TODAY AND HE COULD HAVE DONE SO MUCH MORE...OVER LAPPED..BEEN AN OUTLET..BUT SO FRUSTRATING...GOT THE LOT IN HIS LOCKER[/quote]

Shame he never takes its of the locker and shows what he can do.

He is fast becoming a joke - or he would be fast if he could be bothered

The problem in my opinion isn''t just Otsemobor. Croft if just as guilty IMO. Everytime Otsemobor has the ball and Croft is in front of him, Croft is ALWAYS stationary. He never looks to run into space before the ball is played, so Otsemobor doesn''t really have a chance. Yeah, croft was awesome yesterday, I admit that and I ain''t even a fan of his (as you have probably gathered!), But Croft and Otsemobor just is not gonna work on the right. And we''ve no other right back so.....

The irony of this thread is that when the Fulham right back was playing everyone was calling for Otsemobor to be reinstated.

We have the third worst defensive record in the Championship. The blame usually falls on the CBs howeverfrom what I''ve seen I feel it''s in a large measure down to inadequate full backs who appear to have no clue about actually defending. This is something that has to be addressed during the close season.

The single most frustrating player I have ever seen!!

he has the ability to be the best full back in the league.. But he is so incapable of tracking the left midfieder. So that says to me that he has to be in the team for his brilliant attacking support to the winger. He has pace to burn and could leave any full back for dead but he seems to need the crowd to tell him to run with the ball. If it was up to him he would just float about in his own little world. Seems to me that under Roeder he was scared to attack in fear that if he made a mistake he would be dropped. Basically his confidence is shot and i pray for the day he bombs past crofty and supplies a great cross!! I can dream..

[quote user="sheringhamcanary"]The single most frustrating player I have ever seen!!

he has the ability to be the best full back in the league.. But he is so incapable of tracking the left midfieder. So that says to me that he has to be in the team for his brilliant attacking support to the winger. He has pace to burn and could leave any full back for dead but he seems to need the crowd to tell him to run with the ball. If it was up to him he would just float about in his own little world. [/quote]Totally right [Y] People who say Otsemobor is a poor player aren''t watching him. He''s a great full back, capable of so much more. But he never shows it. [quote]Seems to me that under Roeder he was scared to attack in fear that if

he made a mistake he would be dropped. Basically his confidence is shot

and i pray for the day he bombs past crofty and supplies a great

cross!! I can dream..[/quote]Don''t agree with this though. I don''t see how his confidence comes into it. It''s a simple case of laziness if you ask me.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]People who say Otsemobor is a poor player aren''t watching him. He''s a great full back, capable of so much more. But he never shows it. [/quote]HUH? [:^)]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="sheringhamcanary"]The single most frustrating player I have ever seen!!

he has the ability to be the best full back in the league.. But he is so incapable of tracking the left midfieder. So that says to me that he has to be in the team for his brilliant attacking support to the winger. He has pace to burn and could leave any full back for dead but he seems to need the crowd to tell him to run with the ball. If it was up to him he would just float about in his own little world. [/quote]Totally right [Y] People who say Otsemobor is a poor player aren''t watching him. He''s a great full back, capable of so much more. But he never shows it. [quote]Seems to me that under Roeder he was scared to attack in fear that if

he made a mistake he would be dropped. Basically his confidence is shot

and i pray for the day he bombs past crofty and supplies a great

cross!! I can dream..[/quote]Don''t agree with this though. I don''t see how his confidence comes into it. It''s a simple case of laziness if you ask me. [/quote] If he''s NEVER shows his ability doesn''t that make him a poor player.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]People who say Otsemobor is a poor player aren''t watching him. He''s a great full back, capable of so much more. But he never shows it. [/quote]HUH? [:^)][/quote]My apologies, that should read "He''s a POTENTIALLY great full back".

The  guy  has  bags  of  pace  but  no  brain  or  confidence. He  cannot  defend  and  rarly  attacks. If  we  go  down  we  should  keep  him  as  he  is  proven  at  that  level  but  if  we  stay  up  he  cannot  be  our  first  choice  right  back  next  season

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]The  guy  has  bags  of  pace  but  no  brain  or  confidence. He  cannot  defend  and  rarly  attacks. If  we  go  down  we  should  keep  him  as  he  is  proven  at  that  level  but  if  we  stay  up  he  cannot  be  our  first  choice  right  back  next  season[/quote]

He has the wrong attitude to play at any level imo, I don''t think I''ve ever known a footballer who''s speed of thought is so slow. He''ll still get caught out in league 1, we''d do better to get shot of him altogether whatever league we are in next season.

Must admit I''ve had enough of Otsemobor now. To begin with I thought he looked like an excellent signing but it quickly wore off and it ahs been downhill ever since. We''ve seen in a couple of games this season that he can be a very impressive player if he wants to be but most of the time he''s lazy and switched off.

I don''t mind people having a bad game as long as they put the effort in. But Otsemobor is up there with Cureton when it comes to players who just can''t be bothered to make an effort.

Something was up with Adam Drury yesterday as well, he didn''t look interested and turned his back on play at one point. Not like him at all. Maybe not having anyone on the wing infront of him or maybe something else was wrong.