Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Just seen the Doc penalty on SSN

Yesterday from the upper barclay i had no complaints, i thought pen and red card.Just seen the replay, from the Jarrold stand camera angle and it looks like a great tackle! He got the ball and the ball went to the right and Adebola just fell over Docs tackle. Not as clear cut as i first thought.

Jas,

I totally agree it was a good tackle. The point I have made on another thread and as you said the ball moves, which is a clear sign he played the ball.

In fairness D''urso had one chance and I along with the rest of the people around me thought he got the decision correct and as such Doc had to go.

Having said that we also thought that "The Drury" shout was as clear cut.

Some Bristol fans on their oitb forum think he went down far to easily, if you done that to someone in the street you''d be done for assault. Blatant charge in the back and a stonewall pen for me. Not that we deserved anything cos we were crap but a point would have been very welcome under the circumstances.

I sit at the river End and had a great view.....all around us at the time called it as a terrific tackle and it was, Doc has been brilliant all season.He was coming in for unfair comments last night on here but you could see he outpaced grounds and Adebola to get back and try and make up for Marshs error..........having said all this we could have easily been 4 down at half-time as the defending was shocking , mainly from Drury (looked as though he could,nt careless) and Semmy (drop him) both full-backs let so many cross,s come in,also Russell and Cureton were way off the pace again...........Hoolahan oh dear,what do people see in him??????runs around like a headless one legged chicken ,gives the ball away time and again ,too small to tackle or head it and his only contribution this season is 2 goals......just not good enough for this league,play Carney on the left and Gow or Killen with Cort who by the way looked a really good target man/striker yesterday......maybe Glenn got that righet?

[quote user="Jellytot"]Even if it was a pen, you cant blame doc. It was Marshall who was at fault[/quote]

very true, he has no competition though does he But I think he should be on the bench on Saturday and play Nelson Marshall is getting to sloppy, there are times when he saves us and times when he kills us off, we have lost more points this season because of his errors. 

[quote user="DontPanic"] Doc .......... he outpaced grounds and Adebola [/quote]Things you''d never think you''d read  LOL

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="DontPanic"] Doc .......... he outpaced grounds and Adebola [/quote]

Things you''d never think you''d read  LOL
[/quote]

Marshalls miskick put the Doc in a no win situation!

From where I sat it looked a stonewall penalty but like you suggest where was the poor Grounds!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="DontPanic"] Doc .......... he outpaced grounds and Adebola [/quote]

Things you''d never think you''d read  LOL
[/quote]

Marshalls miskick put the Doc in a no win situation!

From where I sat it looked a stonewall penalty but like you suggest where was the poor Grounds!

[/quote]

Oh come on! Marshall has kicked it straight to Adebola. Its hardly Grounds fault that he''s pushed up to halfway assuming our keeper will execute a simple clearance under no pressure. There seems to be a witch hunt on Grounds at the moment, but the lad is a left back being asked to play centre half.