Sign in to follow this  
DH

Harewood to Eagles

Apparently according to BBC gossip Crystal Palace are going to offer 1m for Harewood. Surely for that type of player we can stump up a similar amount? That would still keep our spending this summer to a minimum. Where are Palace getting all this money from anyway? Are they doing a do or die effort, they seem to be bidding all sums for all sorts of players?

Surely we can, but does Nigel want to? Is he the striker we need?

Palace are getting all this money from Simon Jordan''s pockets.......

I would not be at all happy if we were to spend that amount on an unproven striker at that level - as good as he may be, he is hardly prolific, and doesn''t strike me as worth that sort of money........

I think Harewood scored quite a few in the first div last year didn''t he? So although he''s not proven at Prem level, he''s certainly amongst the best of the rest.

I have to agree with Temp, I would also be unhappy if we spent that amount of money on a player like Harewood. There is nothing wrong with potential but we can''t afford to spend £1m to see if players are good enough. I make no secret that I would like to see a bit more quality come in, in terms of transfers but I think transfers like that are a bit too risky. For £1m I would expect more and I think in todays market we could get a bargain.

I would agree that he is unproven at Premiership level, but not that he is not prolific. He has scored over 50 goals in the last two seasons for Forest and West Ham, so he knows where the back of the net is. I think he would be a good signing as he is big, strong and quick, which defenders don''t like, and he will score goals.

Sorry Temps my friend, I have to disagree with you. It would have made my month if City had signed Harewood.

I believe he''s worth every penny of 1 million, and more. And I disagree about unproven, abeit at Premiership I agree, but elsewhere certainly not, the guy''s pure class on legs, trust me.

An unproven striker moving up a league is always a risk. Clinton Morrison was superb at Palace in the 1st, but is now useless for Birmingham in the Prem.

On the other hand Jonathan Stead was superb at Huddersfield in the 3rd, and is now superb for Blackburn in the Prem.

Football transfers are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you''re gonna get.

Harewood wud be a great signin if we didn''t already have Hucks, unfortunately they are too similiar. It worked at Forest because they had Johnson as well who cud add a bit of variety to play, so unless we are gonna play Bentley behind Hucks and Harewood, which I personally think wud be incredibly good to watch, no go.

"Football transfers are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you''re gonna get"

unless you read the label.

"Football transfers are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you''re gonna get."

We do though - we''ll get the Montelimar and the Orange Creme because that''s what''s left. Ne''mind though - we''ll have the pick of next year''s box.

Please stop talking about chocolates, you guys. I''m running out of tissues wiping up the drool!

Re: this rumour in today''s papers, I wouldn''t read too much into it - yet! If my memory serves me right, when the ''unappy ''ammers played Palace away last season various official bods had to separate Messrs Dowie and Harewood at half time as they were having a right go at each other over something. Unless they''ve put their handbags into cold storage I don''t think a couple of years with the Eagles would be marvellous Marlon''s first choice...but, of course, I could be wrong. Mr. Dowie might have bought his new friend a large box of choccies to make it up with him!

I think we have to realise that although we are premiership,we suffer from the natural disadvantage of our location and that Worthington will always have to try that much harder to sell the club to prospective players.You could say we live in INEQUALITY STREET![sorry]

Jonzey made a good point about Morrison. Not that dissimilar from Harewood in his style of play. Great at Palace but I know Brum fans who think he''s awful. We could have to be careful if we went for a Div 1 player hoping he would make the step up ok

How about; ''Football players are like a bag of Revels, you never know what you''re gonna get''?

Or those new fruit Smarties?

Pass the tissues, Jonzey...where''s my celery stick? (An expert ''Reveller'' could always tell what they were getting from the shape and size!)

Of course we''re not doing a do or die effort, we have set aside a reasonable amount of money to spend on players (around 5 million) which the club can afford to spend. None of our spending so far can be called extravagent. After our last experience in the premier league, I don''t think that we will do anything that will remotely endanger the club financially! If Norwich are having trouble paying even 1 million for a player (and let''s face it, you haven''t shown any signs of splashing the cash yet have you) then how do you rate your chances for the coming season?

I agree with you that Harewood would represent a large gamble, but I trust Iain Dowie to make the right decision. However I personally cannot see us signing him, one reason being the ''altercation'' in the tunnel between Messers Dowie and Harewood.

Harewood has the talent to succeed in the prem, but I''m not so sure about his temprement.

Fair play for the comments Jamie but I don''t think that money maketh the player, so to speak. Our best signings this summer (Helveg, Gallacher and Bentley) have all joined us for free. To suggest that our squad may be weak cos we haven''t spent much on transfer fees may be a tad niave.

Oh and BTW Revels are evil stay away! Without warning you can find yourself munching on a coffee cream, it''s like russian roulette with choclates!

I think its safe to say after todays signing if worthy wants harewood we''ll get him, if we wanted jesus on a years trial, worthy would get him with god paying the wages!oh yes Revels are the DEVILS food stay away ,what looks like peanut is oh so often coconut!don''t be tempted or like 1st wiz you will be eating things that you didn''t bargain for!!

Holloway, I bet you grinned like an idiot, when you wrote that first paragraph, imagine doing the same last year.

Had the pleasure of going to the butchers today, a binner works there, even he looked sheepish as he was trying to tell me we would meet them next year. Yeah at the motorway service station as we are going to old trafford and they are going to rochdale!

You''re damn right I did blacko!! All we need now is primus and harewood, then I think I''d set up a shrine to worship Worthy!

Really looking forward to surprising some of the ignorant people who believe Norwich are some second rate team next season.

yes indeed susie, and i am an expert reveller :-)

i can seek the coffee ones out in the dark confines of screen 8 at UCI even while watching Thunderbirds

cannot wait!!!!