Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Marshall has no competition!

So he''s become complacent in my opinion.

He''s cost us a fair few points this season, far more than JC has, and he needs to be made to fight for his position. He can''t command his area, he doesn''t like crosses and his kicking at times is just plain Durso!

A good shot stopper let down by the basics.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

He''s cost us a fair few points this season, far more than JC has, and he needs to be made to fight for his position. He can''t command his area, he doesn''t like crosses and his kicking at times is just plain Durso!

[/quote]

But Wiz, he bleeds yellow and green  and he used to be good, so surely he should have at least three more games as he''s bound to come good?[:P]

[quote user="canariesaregods"]How reactionary is that? Marshall is not complacent at all, the only complacent one here is you with your bullsh*t thoughtless post[/quote]

Giggle![:D]

What a Durso.

[/quote]

agreed Wiz,

this is one of the reasons i was disapointed we didnt sign Tony Warner.. a decent Goalkeeper, in his 30''s, years of experience and would of pressured Marshall to the hilt.. Warner did well on his loan spell here... and bar 1 little blip, was solid, consistent and filled the defence with confidence.. something Marshall doesnt do....

We missed the boat with him, im afraid to say.

jas :)

how can a mis-kick be blamed on complacency? It was a genuine mistake, look how well he has played the rest of the season and in the rest of the game yesterday. Wizard youre a mug, with an inflated opinion of your view. What do you do apart from post on here?

Sure he may of miskicked it but everyones human.. People seem to forget all the other important things he has done for us this season.. All the vital saves at vital points.. Ipswich at home for example..

[quote user="canariesaregods"]

how can a mis-kick be blamed on complacency? It was a genuine mistake, look how well he has played the rest of the season and in the rest of the game yesterday. Wizard youre a mug, with an inflated opinion of your view. What do you do apart from post on here?

[/quote]

Marshall has played "well" do you base this on the saves he has made? all Goalkeepers are good shot stoppers... find me one that isn''t.. go on!

his concentration levels are poor, his distribution is poor, his decision making is poor (how many times does he start to come for the ball then change his mind? watch him in the next game), his communication with his defenders is poor... these are all traits for a goalkeeper... and these are all traits Marshall is very poor in...

if it was just a matter of standing in the goal and the ball hitting you in the face, then we would all be brilliant goalkeepers and anyone could do the job.. but its so much more than that....

a bad goalkeeper who is error prone will never instill 100% confidence in his defence.... therefore they will make mistakes too....

don''t believe me? look how much more assured we have been at the back with a Gunn, Woods or Green than we have with a Tracey, both Marshalls or an Ashdown?

[quote user="canariesaregods"]

[/quote]

Well, unlike you, I left the school play ground years ago.

And if you think Marshalls played well all season..................who''s the mug?[:|]

Marsh is a good keeper who just needs to learn to kick.Wiz, with marsh being a keeper his mistakes nearly always cost goals whereas JC his makes a mistake he can just turn round and hope to try again. So he would cost more points than a striker but he does throughout a season will save us more points than he loses. Unfortunately i can''t say the same about Curo.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]Marsh is a good keeper who just needs to learn to kick.

Wiz, with marsh being a keeper his mistakes nearly always cost goals whereas JC his makes a mistake he can just turn round and hope to try again. So he would cost more points than a striker but he does throughout a season will save us more points than he loses. Unfortunately i can''t say the same about Curo.
[/quote]

Seriously Fabreas, watch Marshall at the next game on crosses, kicking, distrubution and commanding his area..........then talk to me again.

[quote user="I cant smell anything"]Get Gunn out because of his mis-kick from Ullathorne''s back pass which cost us against the scum.
[/quote]

With Gunny, mistakes were once a season, however with Marshall..........................

And it was the crap pitch at Scumland which cost us points, not Gunny!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="canariesaregods"]

[/quote]

Marshall has played "well" do you base this on the saves he has made? all Goalkeepers are good shot stoppers... find me one that isn''t.. go on!

his concentration levels are poor, his distribution is poor, his decision making is poor (how many times does he start to come for the ball then change his mind? watch him in the next game), his communication with his defenders is poor... these are all traits for a goalkeeper... and these are all traits Marshall is very poor in...

if it was just a matter of standing in the goal and the ball hitting you in the face, then we would all be brilliant goalkeepers and anyone could do the job.. but its so much more than that....

a bad goalkeeper who is error prone will never instill 100% confidence in his defence.... therefore they will make mistakes too....

don''t believe me? look how much more assured we have been at the back with a Gunn, Woods or Green than we have with a Tracey, both Marshalls or an Ashdown?

[/quote]Impossible to find you a goalkeeper who is not a good shot stopper, because the only one we watch every other week is Marshall. He makes errors yes, but all goalkeepers no doubt do the same we just don''t see them week in week out.

All keepers make mistakes but I think Marshall makes more than most, his kicking is a joke and he doesn''t command his area very well. He has never filled me with much confidence since he''s been here, average at best for me like many of our outfield players.

How reactionary is that? Marshall is not complacent at all, the only complacent one here is you with your bullsh*t thoughtless post

You havn''t got a clue. Marshall is not a good goalkeeper thats a fact. He is a good shot stopper but there is so much more to a keeper than that. He doesn''t come for crosses, never comes off his line, doesn''t talk to or organise his defence, cant kick, cant catch. He is the most over rated player at the club and should be dropped. He''s having a nightmare at the moment and has cost us big time again! People who disagreee are either blind or stupid!!!!!!

[/quote]

And you are an expert on all things David Marshall are you Wiz?When did you last watch him play for a full game? Please leave out the references to trains from Lowestoft and disability access.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

And you are an expert on all things David Marshall are you Wiz?When did you last watch him play for a full game? Please leave out the references to trains from Lowestoft and disability access.

[/quote]

I''ve seen enough of his cock ups Mr T, so don''t patronise me, disabled yes, blind and stupid no!

I have to agree with wiz - just three mistakes I can reel off now - coming out of his area against Derby and clashing with Drury giving them an empty net - failing to hold an easy ball last Tue against Wolves and the one yesterday - all mistakes which Wiz quite rightly states has cost us a fair few points - I have said for a long while that Marshal is mistake prone but for some people they cant admit this as the sun seems to shine all the time - yes he is a good shot stopper and he has also saved us points but is that not what a goalkeeper is supposed to do. 

[quote user="Bomber"]I have to agree with wiz - just three mistakes I can reel off now - coming out of his area against Derby and clashing with Drury giving them an empty net - failing to hold an easy ball last Tue against Wolves and the one yesterday - all mistakes which Wiz quite rightly states has cost us a fair few points - I have said for a long while that Marshal is mistake prone but for some people they cant admit this as the sun seems to shine all the time - yes he is a good shot stopper and he has also saved us points but is that not what a goalkeeper is supposed to do. [/quote]He does make mistakes and a few are fresh in the mind but don''t all keepers make mistakes. Our England goalie does and Peter Czech has made quite a few this season. Marshall has also made some great saves. He has cost us points but has also saved us points.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve seen enough of his cock ups Mr T, so don''t patronise me, disabled yes, blind and stupid no!

[/quote]

Didn''t exactly answer the question Wiz.Yes i have seen him make mistakes but i have also seen him keep us in games time and time again.

Hey,you called me Mr T.See it is easy to be polite if you try.

Seriously Mr T, I''ve seen, regardless of how, every single mess up and good save from Marshall all season, replayed them 4 or 5 times too, and he cannot command his area, defend corners confidently or distribute the ball well.

I have agreed already that he''s a great shot stopper, but his game needs more than the spectacular to cut it with  me.

He''s cost us a fair few points this season, far more than JC has.

[/quote]Arguable but it''s good to see you''ve finally come round to the fact that Jamie has cost us points this season.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Seriously Mr T, I''ve seen, regardless of how, every single mess up and good save from Marshall all season, replayed them 4 or 5 times too, and he cannot command his area, defend corners confidently or distribute the ball well.

I have agreed already that he''s a great shot stopper, but his game needs more than the spectacular to cut it with  me.

[/quote]

I''m not getting at you here but, if you''re not at the game and are watching higlights how can you form a fair opinion on his all-round play? Highligts of Norwich as everyone knows are minimal so there is really no evidence to say he can''t command his area, defend corners or distribute well. I''ll admit his kicking is sometimes poor, in total i think you''ll struggle to find too many better in the championship

[quote user="canariesaregods"][quote user="1st Wizard"]Seriously Mr T, I''ve seen, regardless of how, every single mess up and good save from Marshall all season, replayed them 4 or 5 times too, and he cannot command his area, defend corners confidently or distribute the ball well.

[/quote]

I''m not getting at you here but, if you''re not at the game and are watching higlights how can you form a fair opinion on his all-round play? Highligts of Norwich as everyone knows are minimal so there is really no evidence to say he can''t command his area, defend corners or distribute well. I''ll admit his kicking is sometimes poor, in total i think you''ll struggle to find too many better in the championship

[/quote]

Basso and Lonergan looked streets above Marshall this season at Carrow Road.. so thats 2...

Marshall is rubbish! 

He has been guilty of a huge amount of errors this season, I would go as far to say he makes at least one cock up a match, albeit sometimes he is not punished for it.  He can''t kick, he''s terrible at crosses and always seems too concerned about getting a boot in the head when he comes for anything, therefore he has no conviction when he does.

Yes, he can make a decent save when no-one is near him applying any pressure but the saves he made yesterday were fairly routine and I would expect a £1m keeper to make them.  I would expect someone who claims they are good enough to be playing international football to be able to do a bit more!

Even at Forest when he was MOM material, he still cocked up their goal!

very right Clint! i said toa  chap in the Barclay at half time that now matter how well Marshall does in the game he ALWAYS has 1 howler in him a match... the players must have that in the backs of their minds too.....

I think he''s on borrowed time now tbh... Gunny was a keeper and will spot the mistakes Marshall makes a mile off.... once someone adequate arrives at the club then Marshall will be bench warming or moved on... wait and see.