Sign in to follow this  
sheringhamcanary

Adam Drury

I just wanted to see what people thought of his performance yesterday?

I personally think that he doesnt look as strong in his defensive duty but wasnt really helped by Hoolahan which was predictable. But he could/should of won us a penalty..

Also would you rather have him or Bertrand at left back?

He was crap yesterday looked well out of sorts, he should have had a penalty but has to be said his form has gone down hill over the past few months,he''s not the player he was!

I  agree  not  a  patch  on  what  he  used  to  be  but  in  the  first  half  he  got  no  help  and  had  a  good  winger  on  him. If  he  had  someone  more  solid  in  front  of  him  i  think  he  would  be  ok. I  thought  grounds  struggled  physically  a  bit  and  Osemabor  is  a  dead  loss

i was a huge fan of Drury when he was first here but since the premiership season his performances have steadily declined.... he has had 1 or 2 games where he looked like the Drury of old, and i have been very critical of him on here over the years but was pleaed to see him regain some of the form of old.. but he seems to have lost it completely now....

Sadly he looks what he was when he was at the Posh.. a League 2 full back at times... if he could reach those former glories he''d be superb for us.. but sadly i think its now time to cash in on him and sell him.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i was a huge fan of Drury when he was first here but since the premiership season his performances have steadily declined.... he has had 1 or 2 games where he looked like the Drury of old, and i have been very critical of him on here over the years but was pleaed to see him regain some of the form of old.. but he seems to have lost it completely now....

Sadly he looks what he was when he was at the Posh.. a League 2 full back at times... if he could reach those former glories he''d be superb for us.. but sadly i think its now time to cash in on him and sell him.

jas :)

[/quote]cant really blame the guy when he plays 1 game every 3 months. Be interesting to see him after a run.

sheringhamcanary wrote the following post at 08/02/2009 1:11 PM:

I just wanted to see what people thought of his performance yesterdayDRURY was absolutlely rubbish yesterday, and it has to be said, is well off the pace since his injury. I also wonder wether his heart is in NCFC any more!He has never been the epitome of consistent defending, and coaches at Carrow Road have never been able to stop him from continually coming inside the winger, and dropping off towards his own penalty area.In the first few minutes of yesterdays game, a perfect example, Bristol break from midfield, ball played right, DRURY is nowhere to be seen, ball cut back and they hit the bar.Only a few minutes later, and exactly the same happens, this time they make it count.Even the penalty stems from their right, and the final ball is intercepted and guided back to Marshall by grounds.....the rest is history.....i am not blaming DRURY for this goal, but time and time again he was caught out of position, defending in his own area, and ball watching......Bristol sure had done their homework and seen the weakest link.....and they made it pay. I''m afraid that left back is a position that Gunny really needs to consider in team strenthening plans, as when Bertrand is out/unfit, thre is nothing else other than Drury and his performance cost us yesterday, and is a worry over the remainder of the season......we have got to be more consistent at the back.

Woah this is slightly unfair. Obviously I was watching a different game. In the 2nd half Drury was alone on the left hand side - Hoops played a more central role. How Bristol didn''t exploit the gap on the left I don''t know - but they didn''t and for me that''s credit to Drury. Also want to big it up for Sammy -  was cracking at the back. If anything Jono was off the pace today.

Apart from a couple of attacking moves which included the clear penalty incident, Drury was missing from his primary defensive role for most of the game, the trouble is Bertrand is looking no better at defending at the moment...is it time for Lappin to come into the team? ...I cant remember as it has been so long but isLappin''s better position left wing?

Not good but then again no worse than what Bertrand has been!

Playing very few games with no reserve games to keep up some match fitness hasn''t helped!

I just think with Bertrand at the club as well as Lappin and Drury is further proof that we aren''t no where near as skint as we''re led to believe cause a skint club wouldn''t of had Bertrand back!

[quote user="porkyp"]

sheringhamcanary wrote the following post at 08/02/2009 1:11 PM:

I just wanted to see what people thought of his performance yesterdayDRURY was absolutlely rubbish yesterday, and it has to be said, is well off the pace since his injury. I also wonder wether his heart is in NCFC any more!He has never been the epitome of consistent defending, and coaches at Carrow Road have never been able to stop him from continually coming inside the winger, and dropping off towards his own penalty area.In the first few minutes of yesterdays game, a perfect example, Bristol break from midfield, ball played right, DRURY is nowhere to be seen, ball cut back and they hit the bar.Only a few minutes later, and exactly the same happens, this time they make it count.Even the penalty stems from their right, and the final ball is intercepted and guided back to Marshall by grounds.....the rest is history.....i am not blaming DRURY for this goal, but time and time again he was caught out of position, defending in his own area, and ball watching......Bristol sure had done their homework and seen the weakest link.....and they made it pay. I''m afraid that left back is a position that Gunny really needs to consider in team strenthening plans, as when Bertrand is out/unfit, thre is nothing else other than Drury and his performance cost us yesterday, and is a worry over the remainder of the season......we have got to be more consistent at the back.
[/quote]

I agee with all of this. Anyone who sits in blocks D & E of te Barclay will say the same thing about Drury. He drifts inside and is always too far away from the winger when they get the ball. Yes he sometimes makes some good recovery blocks/tackles but he would not have to if his positioning was right in the first place. It also means they always have a man available on the right to receieve the ball because he is not under any pressure. This problem has been obvious to anyone with half a brain watching our games for the last 4 seasons (longer in truth but has got worse in the last few seasons) and it really is beyond me why it has not been picked up and addressed by any of the coaches at the club.

[quote user="sheringhamcanary"]I just wanted to see what people thought of his performance yesterday? I personally think that he doesnt look as strong in his defensive duty but wasnt really helped by Hoolahan which was predictable. But he could/should of won us a penalty.. Also would you rather have him or Bertrand at left back?[/quote]

No worse than bertrand but that isn''t saying much.

Remember it was a good winger he was up against with no support from a winger 80% of the time, so not that bad, if Full backs, where perfect the croft would be useless wouldnt he, just face it some wingers will be too good for Drury, some Full backs would be too good for Croft