Sign in to follow this  
will c

Stop moaning about the ref!

How many times do Norwich supporters slag off other teams managers / supporters when they blame the ref for them losing. And now every Norwich supporter is doing the same thing! We lost yesterday because we were not good enough. Everyone blaming the ref for us losing need to really have a look at the real reason for us losing, Bristol were better than us, we do not have enough up front, defence not up to scratch. Yes the boys tried in the second half but were not good enough to break Bristol down.

It''s too easy to blame the ref. Doc didn''t get the ball, they''re player touched the ball to make it change direction, then Doc brought thr player down. Thus a penalty and a sending off. Drury''s should have been a penalty but how many times have similar situations not been given as penalties? Happens all the time...

Instead of singing songs about the ref being a **** we could have been giving a bit more vocal encouragement to the team...

I left the ground yesterday thoroughly annoyed with our performance, fearing relegation, and I can''t believe everyone else was more annoyed with the ref''s performance!

Of course it''s the ref''s fault! It was a blatant penalty and if it had been given we would probably have scored and it would have been 2-2 and a priceless point. These things mostly do even out over the course of  the season but in the immediate aftermath it is human nature to get rid of frustrations by having a moan at the referee. As for the Doc sending off I don''t think anyone seeing the TV replay would be able to say one way or the other who actually got their foot to the ball to divert it from it''s path.

No, we wont stop complaining about the Ref, because the Ref was shocking yesterday. He must be one of the worst Ref''s i''ve ever seen.  The only players to come out with any credit were Cort who i thought was superb,   Croft and Hoolahan.

Cureton was a complete waste of space first half, and Drury and Semmy were very poor too. We are in desperate need of a new left back and right back! 

If you have sky plus, do slow motion of the incident and you will see the ball is diverted when their player touches it, not Doc. Obviously how this could be seen in real time I have no idea, but unfortunately the ref got it right! I just think, because of past history, too much was being made of the ref''s performance and not enough of our inadequacies.

Ok I''ll take your word for it - but the ref must have superhuman vision to have been able to spot that! I''ve always hated the professional foul rule which results in an automatic red card - a penalty should be sufficient punishment. It ruined the game yesterday in my opinion.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4904385,00.html

apparently we weren´t the only team to have quams on the way the match was dictated by the ref.

The difference is they won their game so didn´t really kick up a fuss. But didn´t we have a possible penalty disallowed by a hand in the box although i heard Neil Adams say it would have been harsh.

[quote user="will c"]If you have sky plus, do slow motion of the incident and you will see the ball is diverted when their player touches it, not Doc. Obviously how this could be seen in real time I have no idea, but unfortunately the ref got it right! I just think, because of past history, too much was being made of the ref''s performance and not enough of our inadequacies.[/quote]you can also see where the foot came in, OUTSIDE the box. U R Sod got it wrong, again!!!

Looks to me like the ball is diverted by Doc. And there is the problem. We have watched it over and over again and are still undecided. Ref (who as usual was miles away from the play) could not possibly have been sure but instead of giving the benefit of the doubt, gave a game changing decision, and the Lino agreed. If you were there you will see the lino look at D''Urso BEFORE putting his flag across the chest, they do this all the time to show unity.

Take your point that we weren''t very good but when teams are evenly matched it will always be the "moments" that affect the game. There were three yesterday, all involving penalties and all went against City. Every one seems to have missed the first half incident in front of the Barclay when Cort was clearly held in the box.

D''Urso is a very poor ref. The notion that if you cannot apply the Laws of the Game in the Premiership , you will be able to in the Championship is deplorable.

I''ll have a pound with anyone that that will be the last we see of the crooked Mr D''Urso at Carrow Road.

Overall, as far as I''m concerned, the referee influenced the outcome of the game far more than he should: when people (from both sides) come away from any game talking only about the ref''s mistakes, rather than anything else, you have to think something was wrong with him.

Whether or not you think D''Urso was biased, whoever the clown at the FA was who thought it would be a good appointment to give him our game yesterday, after recent history, ought to be shot.  Other than that, he was poor.  Apart from the stonewall pen denied and another pen for handball not given [in a situation similar to several in which we''ve had them given against in recent seasons (but, curiously, we never get them in our favour)], numerous ''small'' fouls (mostly on our players) were missed - for climbing/obstruction/tugging - when he didn''t even play on, so clearly missed them. 

All that said, he wasn''t the main/only reason we lost the game, we lost because we were not at the races in the first half, defended poorly and could/should have been further behind than we were.  Our 10 men put up as good a fight as we could in the second half and a point would not have been totally undeserved - and one we could have possibly had if our pen had been given.

To be fair Bristol were the better team but we still should of had 3 penalties -

Cort having his shirt blatantly pulled in the 1st half.

A Bristol defender blatantly handballing in the 1st half.

Drurys getting shoved over in the 2nd half!

Its understandable the fans getting pi*sed of at the ref!

Glad you don''t sit near our lot Will c. If that''s the way you saw the match

I take it you did go of course and didn''t spend most of the time in hospitality

[quote user="will c"]

How many times do Norwich supporters slag off other teams managers / supporters when they blame the ref for them losing. And now every Norwich supporter is doing the same thing! We lost yesterday because we were not good enough. Everyone blaming the ref for us losing need to really have a look at the real reason for us losing, Bristol were better than us, we do not have enough up front, defence not up to scratch. Yes the boys tried in the second half but were not good enough to break Bristol down.

It''s too easy to blame the ref. Doc didn''t get the ball, they''re player touched the ball to make it change direction, then Doc brought thr player down. Thus a penalty and a sending off. Drury''s should have been a penalty but how many times have similar situations not been given as penalties? Happens all the time...

Instead of singing songs about the ref being a **** we could have been giving a bit more vocal encouragement to the team...

I left the ground yesterday thoroughly annoyed with our performance, fearing relegation, and I can''t believe everyone else was more annoyed with the ref''s performance!

[/quote]

I''m not usually one to moan about ref''s, in fact the only ref I have ever really moaned about has been the idiot that took our game yesterday.

I thought we played better in the 2nd half yesterday, but the better team won on the day, that''s football.

But if I want to come on here and have a bloody good moan about players, managers, fans or refs I will, it''s a forum where people air their views, good, bad or indifferent.

I don''t know why anyone should be surprised with D''urso''s performance. Just as expected and he''s been like that for years. The speed with which the red card came out and the glee with which it was shown said it all. Turning down the most blatant penalty of the season was also par for the course. If a Bristol City player had punched the ball off the line, it still wouldn''t have been given. With D''urso, what you get is what you get - complete incompetence.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="will c"]

[/quote]

I''m not usually one to moan about ref''s, in fact the only ref I have ever really moaned about has been the idiot that took our game yesterday.

I thought we played better in the 2nd half yesterday, but the better team won on the day, that''s football.

But if I want to come on here and have a bloody good moan about players, managers, fans or refs I will, it''s a forum where people air their views, good, bad or indifferent.

[/quote]As always WAY49 has the right atitude of most of the fans....It was a poor display from us with a better 2nd half and (unfortunatly) he is right again that the better team won.I enjoy moaning about the ref is hes in the wrong (he was) and the players (they didn''t play aswell as they could of and the manager (did ok but could of brought Killan on earlier with JC taken off alot earlier) and last but not least the fans....THE AVIVA COMMUNITY STAND WAS GREAT TO SIT IN....EXCEPT FOR THE QUIETNESS?????I and some kids were the only noise coming from there...Was hilarous when i continued the Yell Army coming from the Barclay and only ones joining in were 6-11 yr olds sitting on the other side lol lol lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]It''s true that Bristol had the better of the first half and had numerous chances to score. The fact is they didn''t take most of them and that''s football. I think it had the look of a game we''d shade 2-1 despite being outplayed prior to the penalty decision.For the record I believe Doc''s tackle wasn''t a foul. He got a bit of the ball before he got the man and it was debateable he was the last man. However I''ve seen enough like that given to say "fair cop"But D''urso''s incompetence didn''t begin and end with that penalty decision. He was laughably bad all the way through. Bad to the point that you''ve got to ask is he really that incompetent, is he corrupt or is he in some way mentally unhinged? Because he has to be one of the three, there is no other explanation.

[quote user="will c"]If you have sky plus, do slow motion of the incident and you will see the ball is diverted when their player touches it, not Doc. Obviously how this could be seen in real time I have no idea, but unfortunately the ref got it right! I just think, because of past history, too much was being made of the ref''s performance and not enough of our inadequacies.[/quote]

I take it you''ve not played the game to any decent level? Doc got the ball first - end of.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

It''s true that Bristol had the better of the first half and had numerous chances to score. The fact is they didn''t take most of them and that''s football. I think it had the look of a game we''d shade 2-1 despite being outplayed prior to the penalty decision.

For the record I believe Doc''s tackle wasn''t a foul. He got a bit of the ball before he got the man and it was debateable he was the last man. However I''ve seen enough like that given to say "fair cop"

But D''urso''s incompetence didn''t begin and end with that penalty decision. He was laughably bad all the way through. Bad to the point that you''ve got to ask is he really that incompetent, is he corrupt or is he in some way mentally unhinged? Because he has to be one of the three, there is no other explanation.
[/quote]

Just as well Bristol didn''t take most of the chances lol.

Doc''s tackle from what I watched in the LB at half time, and again on the TV yesterday, was a dubious decision on D''urso''s behalf, Doc got his foot to the ball first.  Having said that it''s a split second decision by the ref, and if one of our players was brought down in a similar manner..........oh wait a sec.... [:)]

lol anyhow, you are right about his incompitence, it started when the game started.  He didn''t let the game flow and blew up for everything and anything it seems, he isn''t fit to referee in any shape or form, what an idiot that man is.

It''s not just NCFC fans that feel this way about him either.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="will c"]If you have sky plus, do slow motion of the incident and you will see the ball is diverted when their player touches it, not Doc. Obviously how this could be seen in real time I have no idea, but unfortunately the ref got it right! I just think, because of past history, too much was being made of the ref''s performance and not enough of our inadequacies.[/quote]

I take it you''ve not played the game to any decent level? Doc got the ball first - end of.

[/quote]I disagree. The only way Doc could get to the ball at all was by going through the attackers legs. That makes it a foul. it doesn''t matter whether he touched the ball at all, if he has to hack a player down to get to it it''s a foul. Would you be arguing against it if it had been a Bristol defender bring down a Norwich player?The Drury incident is the bigger issue though, it did look like a blatant foul. The other possible penalty decisions were 20% chances at most.

The ref was poor,   but so were city.

Theplayers made more mistakes than the ref and thats why we lost.  Not the ref. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]The ref was poor,   but so were city.

Theplayers made more mistakes than the ref and thats why we lost.  Not the ref.[/quote]Possibly although:

We were clearly at fault for their first goal, poor marking which left the open shot.

Their second was the debateable penalty, from the replays you can see that Doherty DOES get a touch on the ball first, but it was slight and would have been hard for the ref to see from that angle, but arguably should have been picked up by the assistant. Yes Marshall''s initial kick which led to this was poor, but it''s not like he does this regularly.

They were the only two mistakes which the players made that cost us.

However, take into account the fact that the pen should not have been given, and the fact that at least 2 other correct claims for our own pens were refused, and it could easily be argued that the ref made at least 3 mistakes to our 2, hence he cost us the game more than the players.

We didn''t play well, that''s fair comment, although it''s difficult to judge a 90 minute performance when we only had 10 men for 45 of those minutes due to that decision against Doherty. We were on the back foot from that point onwards.

The fact is that the ref was garbage, has been garbage for a long time, and yet again has made key errors in judgment which cost us at least a point, if not all 3 (As I feel we''d have been better 2nd half with 11 men). If the ref had been better throughout, our own players would have to take full responsibility, but not in this situation...

I think slow-motion replays are ruining football. I hate it when incidents are played in slow motion and they find that a defenders little toe brushed Ronaldo''s ankle so therefore it wasn''t a dive and the penalty was a good call. Watch rugby and see how much it really takes to bring fit professional athlete down! The same applies to incidents like this. Watch it at normal speed and you can see that he is clearly making a sweeping lunge hoping that he might get something on the ball but also making damn sure that if he fails the attacker won''t still be on his feet. This sort of tackle has been a foul has always been a foul regardless of whether he made any slight contact with the ball. If he''d got to the ball cleanly and taken the player down in the process that would be fair enough but taking the player down and happening to get something on the ball isn''t.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]The ref was poor,   but so were city.

Theplayers made more mistakes than the ref and thats why we lost.  Not the ref.[/quote]Possibly although:

We were clearly at fault for their first goal, poor marking which left the open shot.

Their second was the debateable penalty, from the replays you can see that Doherty DOES get a touch on the ball first, but it was slight and would have been hard for the ref to see from that angle, but arguably should have been picked up by the assistant. Yes Marshall''s initial kick which led to this was poor, but it''s not like he does this regularly.

They were the only two mistakes which the players made that cost us.

However, take into account the fact that the pen should not have been given, and the fact that at least 2 other correct claims for our own pens were refused, and it could easily be argued that the ref made at least 3 mistakes to our 2, hence he cost us the game more than the players.

We didn''t play well, that''s fair comment, although it''s difficult to judge a 90 minute performance when we only had 10 men for 45 of those minutes due to that decision against Doherty. We were on the back foot from that point onwards.

The fact is that the ref was garbage, has been garbage for a long time, and yet again has made key errors in judgment which cost us at least a point, if not all 3 (As I feel we''d have been better 2nd half with 11 men). If the ref had been better throughout, our own players would have to take full responsibility, but not in this situation...

[/quote]

So poor crossing,  passing, movement and lack of committment are not mistakes by us,  failure to change the system and freshen rusty were not also mistakes?   Their keeper split two shots from hoolahan but we had no player following up.  Our creative play and final delivery were mistake ridden - but people dont see those as errors.

Having said that if their strikers had been perfect we would have been down by 3 or 4 by half time,  with Maynard in particular guilty of missing many targets...