Sign in to follow this  
Kim Briscoe

Best ever Norwich City chants?

[quote user="jelltex"]He shot his c#me over Mariner''s bum, eric Gates always made me smile.[/quote]

I`d forgotten that one................I shall be sending you the bill for removing coffee from my Pooter[:D]

Viva Marc Libbra,

Viva Marc Libbra,

In the tune of Viva Las Vegas...

Where is that bleach blonde assassin nowadays? Bring him back I say...

He''s tall, he''s lean, he''s a freaky goal machine Peter Crouch, Peter Crouch. Paul Mc Veigh''s song was good and does the hiss from the snakepit count?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Mazy Run"]

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]missing in action.It was we''ve got a drunk''n cook (not super)
[/quote]

River End - not it wasn''t. It was ''We''ve got a Supercook'' (as in supermodel). People were fonder of Delia in those days...

[/quote]
Sorry but I remember it as drunken, as well... because of the whole letsby avenue incident...
[/quote]

It was the letsby avenue incident that had prompted the Chelsea fans to sing ''We''ve got Abramovich, you''ve got a drunken bitch'', to which we responded ''We''ve got a supercook you''ve got a Russian crook''. Mind you we might all have been singing different things. One chap behind me always used to sing ''have a little skirmish'' in OTBC, and there were several variations on who Safri was better than in Moroccan All Over The World!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Mazy Run"]

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]missing in action.It was we''ve got a drunk''n cook (not super)[/quote]

River End - not it wasn''t. It was ''We''ve got a Supercook'' (as in supermodel). People were fonder of Delia in those days...

[/quote]

Sorry but I remember it as drunken, as well... because of the whole letsby avenue incident...[/quote]Yep that''s why Tim Lovejoy said it was his chant of the season on soccer am at the time

Not exactly my favourites but some I can remember singing, that have not been mentioned so far, although slightly harsh and were sung at Man Utd  fans, and it certainley got the reaction from their supporters :

"We went to Munich and we came back alive"

and

Who''s that lying on the runway

Who''s that dieing in the snow

It''s Matt Busby and his boys,

Making all the f**k**g noise

cos they can''t get the aeroplane to go

I remember it as ''supercook'' too...My favourite has to the Fernando Derveld one - that was when I was about 8 I think, and I still remember it well.

The season we won the title, we played Cardiff at home near christmas. One of their fans came to the game as one the wise men (complete with a toy lamb). The Norwich fans realising that his headgear was not the real thing, sang after we had scored ''tea towel tea towel what''s the score''.

Priceless

no noise from the Yarmouth boys.

F%ck of back to Yarmouth

We support our local team

just a sample sang/shouted at the plastic man u "fans" when we were 2-0 up in the premier.

seems like a distant dream now

Not so much a song as a chant but I always was impressed with the:

Justin, Justin, Justin Fashanu, 15 rounds with Justin Fashanu.

As for no Huckerby chant, I made what I thought was a very good one and entered it in the songs page, which apparently I should not have done.  It went widely ignored there. I have since learned to just put things here and let the moderators move it, by which time it has been seen by 1000 times more people than it would have if sent immediately to its right place.  Anyways, here it is, to the tune of Yellow Submarine, and short and easy enough to actually work.

In the town, where I was born

Lived a man, who wore the green

And he set up all our goals, he is Darren Huckerby

We all want more Darren Huckerby, Darren Huckerby, Darren Huckerby (at which point the crowd points toward a defender or goalie and yells instead of sings)

YOU GOT BEAT!! by Darren Huckerby, Darren Huckerby, Darren Huckerby.           Ah well, a little late now, ''innit.

Do, do do, do do do do do do do Darel Russell! to the tune of "do the Hustle" i can remeber singing that at Bristol city away in 1998/9 i think....

jas :)

[quote user="pennywise "]follow follow follow, follow the boys in yellow  [:D][/quote]

off topic but your Avatar is brilliant! i''ve got that film on DVD... and its Kings best wrok (after the excellent Pet Sematary).

"we all float down here Georgie, would you like a baloon?"

the chapter "the apocalyptic rock fight" is superbly written!

After a string of bad refereeing decisions against us was followed by an equally bad decision against the visitors and their predictable discontented noise:"And now you''re gonna believe us, And now you''re gonna believe us, And now you''re gonna believe us..........The Ref''s a ******* ****!"

Moroccan All Over The World for me because it was really inventive rather than just nicking a chant from another team and adapting it to one of our players.If we can keep up the feel good atmosphere at CR over the next couple of months hopefully it will inspire us all to become a bit more creative again [:D]

[quote user="Aussie Canary"]

Not exactly my favourites but some I can remember singing, that have not been mentioned so far, although slightly harsh and were sung at Man Utd  fans, and it certainley got the reaction from their supporters :

and

[/quote]why put that up you fool?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="pennywise "]follow follow follow, follow the boys in yellow  [:D][/quote]

off topic but your Avatar is brilliant! i''ve got that film on DVD... and its Kings best wrok (after the excellent Pet Sematary).

"we all float down here Georgie, would you like a baloon?"

the chapter "the apocalyptic rock fight" is superbly written!

[/quote]

probably one of the best books ever written jas ,once read it never leaves you [:D]

I can''t read and I can''t write, but that don''t really matter

Cos I''m a Norwich City fan and I can drive a tractor

I never sung this one of course, but a regular chant in the 70s/80s "You''re going home in a Norfolk ambulance"

Always **** on the old blue and white

We are Norwich, super Norwich, Carrow Road......

Most recent ones - probably for Safri and Paul McVeigh. Also the warm up tune singing the praises of George Burley, really miss that one!

for sheer good fun and mikey taking...I think the trip to Old Trafford in the prem was awesome.....

Singing "My garden shed is bigger than this!!!!"

[quote user="hellococker"][quote user="Aussie Canary"]

and

[/quote]

why put that up you fool?
[/quote]

Because I did, and like I said before no malice was meant. As for a fool, certainley no more a fool than all the idiots on this message board, that feel that they can comment about games when they have not even been - oh hang on they listened to radio norfolk so that will make them an expert now. Plus all the loyal supporters that say, " wouldn''t it better if we lost today!) I rest my case.

Hope you all have a good day and hopefully the actual supporters can look forward to another crucial game next week.

when i started going in 1970 can anyone remember the knees up mother brown song god no why but all the barcley including me used to sing it but i was 15 lol

Again, from a time when Delia enjoyed slightly more popularity:''Deliaaaaa, Deliaaaaaa,If she don''t cum I''ll tickle her bum.......with a stick of celery''

"Eric Gates is a homosexual". Younger fans won''t remember this one!

I''ve never been keen on ''On The Ball City''. Most away fans think that it sounds retarded, but I suppose it''s original...

and

[/quote]

like I said before no malice was meant.

[/quote]

?

Na na na na, na na na na, na na na na, na na na na, Notman!

We love you Paul McVeigh and if it''s quite alright, we love you Paul McVeigh despite your lack of height...

A few reasons: reminds me of the bus journey from the park and ride to the Millenium stadium for the 2002 Play-off final.  Also annoys the wife as the original is one of her favourite songs - I still haven''t been forgiven for singing the alternative lyrics during our wedding disco (oops). 

Seems pretty original and clever to me too.

[quote user="komakino"]"Eric Gates is a homosexual". Younger fans won''t remember this one! I''ve never been keen on ''On The Ball City''. Most away fans think that it sounds retarded, but I suppose it''s original...[/quote]

I really don''t care what other fans think, I like OTBC and sing it with pride.

Used to be so many chants started in the Barclay, one or two longer chants I can remember, along with all the anti scum songs.

Used to start by chanting the letters of Norwich, followed by, shall we tell em, who we are........

Most of the chants these days are pretty boring [:)]