Sign in to follow this  
Kim Briscoe

Best ever Norwich City chants?

I''m mulling over doing a story about this new competition to find the best footie chants and if it all goes to plan I''d love to have a bit on favourite City chants from over the years.

It would be great if some of you could post your favourites here to help me out in compiling them - tho please keep em clean (so that''ll probably rule out any of the ones about Ipswich!).

The more inventive, the better.

Kim Briscoe, reporter, Evening News.

Tel: 01603 772419 or email kim.briscoe@archant.co.uk

Here''s some more info on the competition for those of you who want to enter and win stuff:

http://geton.direct.gov.uk/footie-chants.aspx

not an ncfc chant but one on the funniest chants ive heard at carra was chelsea fans just after delias lets be havin ya outburst, :

" we''ve got abramavich..... you''ve got a drunken b*tch"

Theirs only one!

On the ball City!

Its original, one of the oldest and in my opinion the best football in the world and I hate it when anyone belittles it particularly clubs with rubbish and/or unoriginal songs!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Theirs only one!

On the ball City!

Its original, one of the oldest and in my opinion the best football in the world and I hate it when anyone belittles it particularly clubs with rubbish and/or unoriginal songs!

[/quote]

Yep me too i''m very overprotected of it like a parent/child! Especially when a binners takes the p1ss - as they have no songs - and a cr@p atmosphere at portaloo road!

[quote user="keelan for england"]Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly,have you heard of the North bank Highbury,Shanks said no I dont think so,but Ive heard of the Norwich Barclay.[/quote]

Wow !! that is from the sixties when i was a lad !!

Mike Walker''s a W****r,
He wears a W*****r''s hat,
And now he''s gone to Everton,
Coz he''s a greedy T**t.

Sang to the tune of My old man''s a dustman.

Not sure if it ever was sung after Wycombe away in the FA Cup in 1994-95 season. Deehan''s first game in charge as caretaker.
With the benefit of hindsight, not really sure the song was fair![:$]

As for the pro Tony martin and Steve Wright songs, to me they are just embarrassing. Adding to the already negative image the rest of the country has of our great, but forgotten County. You are doing us no favours singing it. (I don''t want a tirade of abuse regarding protecting your property from our traveller friends - someone died. It''s not to be glorified).[:@]

To Jose: "Your coat''s from Matalan...."But for sheer creative genius, and probably the first football song in ages not to be sung to one of the standard tunes, Safri''s ''Moroccan All Over The World'' song must surely be a strong contender? I actually think we''re not very good at songs at Norwich - we never gave Hucks a decent song - but at least we managed a good song for someone....

I think we are very poor with songs, same old thing year after year and they''re all getting a bit boring now. I believe some clubs have fans who are constantly writing new songs and have a far more variable range of songs than us. OTBC is ok but it isn''t sung very well, always seems to fade away as it gets towards the end.

Maybe it''s just nostalgia, but it has to be the old ones for me. Wings of a sparrow, My ol'' man, and of course Chase Out!! And then of couse there were the ones that used to get the whole Barclay going like ''The man from Delmonte'' and ''Lets all av a disco, not to easy in the days of seating!

In recent years, We love you Paul McVeigh, which has to be sung for Hoolahoop now surely. Morrocan all over the world, and Malky/Macenzie

The ones that drive me insane are the most predictable, ''Stand up if y hate the scum'', and the worst and mosy annoying of all time '' We''re the Snakepit/Barclay..............''

On the Ball City still makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck when sung at full volume

Showing my age: (to the tune of Bob Dylan''s The Mighty Quinn - a No1 in the 60s by Manfred Mann)Come all without, Come all withinYou''ve not seen nothing like John Manning!(Manning was a centre forward alongside Hugh Curran in the mid/late 60s)

[quote user="Congo Canary"]The ones that drive me insane are the most predictable, ''Stand up if y hate the scum'', and the worst and mosy annoying of all time '' We''re the Snakepit/Barclay..............''[/quote]One of the most amusing moments I''ve had at Carrow Road was a few years ago when the corner stand had just opened... my mate and I were sat watching one particularly boring game when the "We''re the Snakepit... we''re the Barclay" chants started up from the other side of the ground.  After a few rounds, amongst the otherwise silent Corner stand, one chap stood up and sang, at the top of his voice, "We''re the in-fill, we''re the in-fill........."You probably had to be there.... [^o)]

when Coventry were having the Ricoh arena built and they had to swop fixtures . ie the day they were supposed to play us at home. the game was rearranged to be played at Carrow road.

hence the only time "you''re supposed to be at home" was both funny and apt.

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]missing in action.It was we''ve got a drunk''n cook (not super)
[/quote]

River End - not it wasn''t. It was ''We''ve got a Supercook'' (as in supermodel). People were fonder of Delia in those days...

THIS WAS FROM THE 80''S  TO THE TUNE OF "ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS"

ONWARD NORWICH CITY MARCHING ON TO WAR

WITH THE GREEN AND YELLOW GOING ON BEFORE

CHRIS WOODS IS OUR SAVIOUR,DEEHAN IS OUR KING

ONWARD NORWICH CITY

SING YOU B******* SING.

[quote user="Mazy Run"]

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]missing in action.It was we''ve got a drunk''n cook (not super)[/quote]

River End - not it wasn''t. It was ''We''ve got a Supercook'' (as in supermodel). People were fonder of Delia in those days...

[/quote]

Sorry but I remember it as drunken, as well... because of the whole letsby avenue incident...

I remember singing I''ve got a superco*k but think that was to do with something else....

Best chant I''ve ever heard was at Highbury

He''s big, he''s black, he''s had a heart attack

Kanu, Kanu

About the only time I have wanted to be an Arsenal fan - that and watching Henry tear us apart.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

I remember singing I''ve got a superco*k but think that was to do with something else....

Best chant I''ve ever heard was at Highbury

He''s big, he''s black, he''s had a heart attack

Kanu, Kanu

About the only time I have wanted to be an Arsenal fan - that and watching Henry tear us apart.

[/quote]

not nice... almost as bad as man Utd singing "he''s fat, he''s french, he collapses on the Bench Houllier, Houllier" when visiting anfield.

jas :)