Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I''m going to join in again, seems like an age since I''ve done this!

Chesterfield to beat Lincoln City.
[/quote]

ABSOLUTE NONSENSE[6]

And anyway it was called off this afternoon so a Tuesday night probably.  Voices raising the rafters on a Tuesday night in League 2.[+o(]

Yeah, right.[:|]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]OK, my MK Dons pick has just been postponed.  So instead of that to keep us with an even 6, if Leedcanary''s pick of RHYL to win in the Welsh cup is still on, I''ll take that.  If that is also postponed, then 2nd choice would be UD Salamanca HOME WIN over Sevilia Atletico in the Spanish 2nd Division.  Sevilia Atletico are another of those awful away sides.  Lets see what we get....[/quote]

Great set of picks and I''m looking forward to hitting Billy with them. I just checked about Rhyl and the game is still on but they were expecting frost tonight so will check again in the morning before putting the bet on [Y]

Sorry I''m a little late with my pick this week, if this one comes in for me, then it will be my sixth consecutive correct pick. Godd job it''s a dead cert then....

Man Citeh vs Middlesbrough - home win.

I tried to avoid the obvious Chelsea, plus Hull have a habit of springing a few surprises, especially against the big boys.

Good luck everyone!

Nutty - with the MK Dons v Crewe game also falling foul of the weather could I also be a pain and change my selection? A visit to the Scottish Cup and

Celtic v Queens Park - Home Win.

Many thanks.

NYC - Looks a good set of selections there, good luck.

My pick MK Dons is off so can I pick Chelsea to beat Hull instead please.

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to Newyorkcanary and Billy Dixon we have...

1/5

Barcelona

Berks, Fellas, NYC, Shack

1/5

Rhyl

Leeds

1/4

Anderlecht

Shaun

2/9

AC Milan

Inchy, Sparkos

1/4

AZ Alkmaar

CNS, Nutty

1/9

Celtic

Pboro, Norfolkchance1,

Which will win for the Academy £20-55p. Once again these are really good odds from Billy Dixon and I know they won’t be matched anywhere. When I ring these through I’m always armed with a price from Boyle in case Billy doesn’t have a price to hand. Billy will say “what you got for Rhyl?” and I tell him Boyle go 1/6 so Billy say’s “that’s 1/5 then!” I haven’t got a clue where he got 1/9 for Celtic this week!! Boyle go 1/11, but that’s the measure of the man - he doesn’t just give us a free £10 bet but also gives a set of odds that won’t be beaten anywhere. In fact I just ran the same bet through Boyle and the return would only be £15.66. That’s a massive 33% difference!!! So if any of you are doing a line on the footy today you’d be daft not to ring Billy!

So now it’s “game on” and the excitement starts at 2:30pm at Rhyl and hopefully we can watch Barcelona tomorrow evening to confirm another win for the academy. Great picks Justin[Y]

Of course it’s OK for you all to change if you have picked a postponed game. Don’t forget if you get called off late there’s plenty of games tomorrow to choose from.

It’s game on now so good luck to all us PUPs[&]

Oh well. Milan let us down. It ended 1-1.  Who would have figured that?  But thats why Bookmakers dive nice cars and we keep on trying.  Better luck next week.

Shame on Milan. Really thought we had it won this week.

Nevertheless, I''ve been ill for the last 4 days including today. Couldn''t go to the football, have had an awful day especially today, Norwich lose, then I come on to check the scores to see if I can take my winning run to 10 ... and Anderlecht are losing 2-0 ... excellent. So I was delighted to come back on later and see Anderlecht had managed to win 3-2! Get in!

Yes that''s unlucky. AC Milan put my line down too! And that''s the second time Reggina have done for me like that, the last time they won at Udinese. You are right Justin - there always seems to be "a result for the bookie" amongst our six just lately but we will have our day again soon. Luckily for all we have lost nothing thanks to Billy.

I''ll be back later with the stats[Y]

Unlucky Newyork. AC got me too. I thought it was on after anderlecht grabbed 3 goals to win 3-2.

Another high turnout with 49 PUPs selecting this week but only 19 correct naps meant only 43% were successful which is poor by our usual standards.. Welcome to 2 new PUPs (Bigus & Diesel Doris) We have now had 100 different posters make selections this season!

I’d also like to mention a couple of the pickers who don’t yet feature on our table. Fonejacker is on 100% with 7-7 while CNS-Canary is on 88% with 7-8. With 13 weeks left you both still can make the table and even win it. Just don’t miss a week now because you need to get to 20 selections by the end of the season to qualify.

Trent increased his lead without selecting because Inchy got stung by Milan. In a way it doesn’t seem fair really but I know Trent would be selecting if he could. And it seems that Leeds, Shaun and Pboro are setting themselves for a real challenge at the top too.

Shaun’s winning run is now by far the longest as it moved up to 10 correct naps.

This is the latest PUPs League showing those who have at least 50% correct from at least 50% weeks.

Picker

Season

Season %

Trent Canary

17-19

Inch High

23-27

Arrdee

18-22

Leedscanary

21-26

NCFC_Shaun

21-26

Pboro_Canary

20-25

We8wba

12-15

MacDougalls perm

19-24

Gentleman Jim

21-27

Newyorkcanary

21-27

Shack Attack

18-23

Mr. Bump

18-24

Beaker

16-22

Obiwancanary

16-22

Kathy

10-14

Fellas

19-27

Hissing Sid

17-25

Delias Devon

18-27

Norfolkchance1

18-27

GazzaTCC

14-21

1st Wazzock

17-26

Graham Humphrey

17-26

Mister Chops

15-23

Sparkos

15-23

BringBackIwan

13-20

Cosmic Twin

16-25

Muddy funster

16-25

Cityangel

14-22

Berkshire Canary

15-25

Norfolkbroadslim

12-20

Nutty nigel

16-27

The Butler

15-26

Hughsey

9-16

Yankee Canary

15-27

Methcanary

12-22

Camuldonum

13-24

Canary Ryan

11-21

Lucky Green Trainers

13-26

Blahblahblah

12-24

Don’t forget the Pickers Meet on Friday. Please come if you can make it. Ray’s family would love to meet you all and Billy Dixon is going to make every effort to be there too.

I will be back later with the other stats[:)]

This weeks naps were divided amongst 20 different teams with 10 being correct making a 50% success rate which is again down on the seasons average. The Championship really bombed this week with just 1-6 correct naps. Here''s the current table which shows where us PUP''s have been getting most joy.

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

10-20

360-612

Premiership

3-5

48-90

Championship

1-6

45-92

League One

0-2

37-79

League Two

1-1

22-58

Conference

26-41

Welsh

1-1

15-20

English Cups

20-35

Scots Premiership

24-31

Scots Leagues

19-32

Scots Cup

1-1

5-6

Europe

3-4

75-99

Internationals

23-28

World Club

1-1

Games in Belgium, Spain, Holland and Italy were napped this week so the European table now looks like this :-

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

3-4

75-99

Spain

1-1

18-27

Italy

0-1

15-23

Holland

1-1

13-16

France

4-6

Germany

6-6

Greece

8-8

Belgium

1-1

4-4

Turkey

3-3

Sweden

1-1

Austria

2-3

Macedonia

0-1

Switzerland

1-1

Well it was fun nonetheless.  Add my name to the 1 loss club as AC Milan seemed to scuttle everyone this week. And I thought it was going to happen after Anderlecht''s comeback and AC Milan''s equalizer.  Oh well, at least my Europe reckoning and the dangers of English picks proved somewhat correct, albeit not enough.  

I got 20 outta 50 Nutty.. You still never give those nappers enough credit [:P][;)]. My wild inconsistency has put me in limbo in midtable respectability. And yet again we had another 5 out of 6 weeks. It was unlucky New York. We just need that break, that bit of extra luck. We''ve been stuck on 3 wins for sometime now, surely we can get on level terms with last year?

[quote user="Fellas"]I got 20 outta 50 Nutty.. You still never give those nappers enough credit [:P][;)]. My wild inconsistency has put me in limbo in midtable respectability. And yet again we had another 5 out of 6 weeks. It was unlucky New York. We just need that break, that bit of extra luck. We''ve been stuck on 3 wins for sometime now, surely we can get on level terms with last year?
[/quote]

I can still only see 19.. help me out Fellas.

You''re right, so many 5 outa 6 weeks. We must surely hit it again soon!