Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

After last weeks failed foray into Europe (Thanks Inter Milan!!!) I''m returning home to try to arrest my slide down the table. In League 1 I can''t see beyond

MK Dons v Crewe - Home Win

Dons looking good for automatic promotion, Crewe seem destined to go the other way.

Good luck NYC.

OTBC

I''ve got every faith in us this week so i''m going with ; NORWICH V Bristol-Home win :-)

Best of luck NewYorkCanary!

With weather in mind I''m going to pick a game at a ground likely to be passed fit, therefore I''m going for Celtic to beat Queens Park in Scottish Cup.

Good Luck NewYork, I hope you don''t get stung by a lot of late postponements.

I don''t normally do aways but this one stands out. Liverpool have only lost one league game all season while Portsmouth are really struggling since Harry left. Surely there can only be one result......

Portsmouth v Liverpool.....Away win.

Good luck Newyork. [Y]

AZ Alkmaar have only conceded 2 goals at home all season and they have won their last 10 games without conceding a goal anywhere. They are at home to Willem II who have only won once since November.

AZ Alkmaar      v          Willem II             Home Win

Looks nailed on to me..... but it’s up to you New York, New York[8][;)]

Hope it beats the snow....

RHYL v Neath in the Welsh Premiership - HOME WIN.

Rhyl flying high at top of the league, Neath languishing second bottom.

Banker.

Good luck Justin,

Leeds canary (Young Gun)

="Sold the best, Kept the rest"]

Don''t like to go for the obvious so it''s QPR who are going well but quietly to beat Forest who are struggling to get a fit team out and having had the disappointment of letting slip a 2-0 lead last night against one of their local rivals

Forest V QPR Away win

[quote user

Nutty, sorry this is actually my prediction I didn''t realise that I was signed on as my son!  I will pay more attention in future

The great Drinkell

I think we are going to win again this week, but to be on the safe side Leicester to win at home against Oldham.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Greetings PUPs It’s Wednesday again already so welcome to week 27 of the free bet season. This week it’s Newyorkcanary in charge and making the final selections. I was in Wolverhampton last night but my spies tell me that Newyork was on Canary Call and I think it’s great to have such committed fans from all over the world on the free bet too. Of course Justin is a previous winner and with that past form and present commitment this surely must be the week where we win again. So lets all give him the ammunition to do the job.

Now don’t forget the pickers meet on Friday 13th All of you are welcome if you can get there and if you’re not sure of directions or wondering about transport our friend Lappinitup will try and work something out so just get in touch with Lapp or myself.

I leave you as always with Ray’s signature …….

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,2,Fellas,2,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, yes Norfolkchance1 £400 for the Academy,so far.

Take it away Justin, the free bet is yours....

[/quote]

Is choosing Friday 13th for the pickers meet such a good idea NN ?!!

[quote user="Kathy"]

Is choosing Friday 13th for the pickers meet such a good idea NN ?!!

[/quote]

Of course it''s a good idea Kathy. What could go wrong??? I guess Lapp could fall out of Wazzies wheelbarrow on the way home but to be fair that would probably be more to to with alcohol intake than the date[:O][;)]

I know all Ray''s family are coming so lets see as many of you as can possibly make it this time[Y]

swansea have been on a great run - but how much have their cup exploits taken out of them??? they are without their goalkeeper, a defender and midfielder - while their manager has just received manager of the month award,,,ouch[:''(]...we all know what that means!!!meanwhile - ipswich have won their last three matches on the road...imo swansea are not nailed on to win---a draw maybe,,,but i take ipswich to beat the swans at odds of 11-4!!!nice price...and great value---if they win???ipswich to beat swansea...good luck...ny[:D]

OK people, I''m having an early lunch today, so apologies to those who didn''t get their picks in.  I have given these picks a great deal of thought and looking at the already postponed matches, one of those I would have picked has already been nuked (Stevenage).  Before I get into the picks, I''d like to give some  background into my thinking.  First of all, and Nutty''s stats will show this as to be the case, England picks are the riskiest. Success ranges from 53% down to 37% when looking at Premiership through League 2.  If I''m going to pick something within the Football League, I have to be pretty sure about it, as the numbers show it is treacherous.  A much safer haven is Europe where we''re sitting at a cool 76% or Scotland where we sit at an average of  70% in all Scottish leagues and Cups.

That being said, while on paper it looks good, Chelsea scares the bejesus out of me.  They are capable of a home draw against the worst of teams should things not click for them.  So while many of you picked Chelsea, I could not.  Also, I do believe in the jinx, and while I successfully picked Norwich to beat Barnsley to win earlier this season, I think Ray had something to do with that and I won''t go to that well again.  Basically, there was only one match in England I fancied apart form Stevenage which was called off. So, why not begin:

1) My Pick: BARCELONA home win over Sporting Gijon. Barca is a juggernaut this year, and Gijon does not have the cojones to draw this match, I believe.

2) MK DONS home win over Crewe.  This is just a question of class. Crewe are dismal away and the Dons need home wins to make automatic promotion a reality.

3) AC MILAN home win over Reggina. Call it the Beckham bounce, but AC Milan really should steamroll Reggina, sitting at the bottom of Serie A.

4) ANDERLECHT home win over RAEC Bergen.  Bergen away has not won, only drawn twice and has only scored 4 goals. If form counts for anyrthing, Anderlecht''s reserves should win this match.

5) AZ ALKMAAR home win over Willem II. Willem II isn''t a bad side, sitting mid-table, but Az Alkmaar is second only to Barcelona in home dominance in all of Europe. 

6) CELTIC home win over Queen''s Park.  I just can''t see this lower division side holding up Celtic.  Poor odds, but this is all about getting wins, as we''re risking nothing.

So there you have it.  Apologies to all those I did not select. There were one or two other England matches I was considering, but the weather got in the way.  While many matches might get postponed tomorrow morning, it can also open the door to a poor side playing shutdown defense for those teams just looking for a point.  Not worth the risk, methinks.  As far as I know, none of these matches has been postponed.  If one does get postponed today, I will repost with an alternate selection.   

My original selection was Stevenage but as this match has now become a victim of the weather i would like to change my pick to AC Milan to beat Reggina.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I''m going to join in again, seems like an age since I''ve done this!Chesterfield to beat Lincoln City.[/quote]I know the picks have been made now, but seeing as my game has also fallen foul of the weather, I''d like to pick:Leicester to beat Oldham.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]

OK people, I''m having an early lunch today, so apologies to those who didn''t get their picks in.  I have given these picks a great deal of thought and looking at the already postponed matches, one of those I would have picked has already been nuked (Stevenage).  Before I get into the picks, I''d like to give some  background into my thinking.  First of all, and Nutty''s stats will show this as to be the case, England picks are the riskiest. Success ranges from 53% down to 37% when looking at Premiership through League 2.  If I''m going to pick something within the Football League, I have to be pretty sure about it, as the numbers show it is treacherous.  A much safer haven is Europe where we''re sitting at a cool 76% or Scotland where we sit at an average of  70% in all Scottish leagues and Cups.

That being said, while on paper it looks good, Chelsea scares the bejesus out of me.  They are capable of a home draw against the worst of teams should things not click for them.  So while many of you picked Chelsea, I could not.  Also, I do believe in the jinx, and while I successfully picked Norwich to beat Barnsley to win earlier this season, I think Ray had something to do with that and I won''t go to that well again.  Basically, there was only one match in England I fancied apart form Stevenage which was called off. So, why not begin:

1) My Pick: BARCELONA home win over Sporting Gijon. Barca is a juggernaut this year, and Gijon does not have the cojones to draw this match, I believe.

2) MK DONS home win over Crewe.  This is just a question of class. Crewe are dismal away and the Dons need home wins to make automatic promotion a reality.

3) AC MILAN home win over Reggina. Call it the Beckham bounce, but AC Milan really should steamroll Reggina, sitting at the bottom of Serie A.

4) ANDERLECHT home win over RAEC Bergen.  Bergen away has not won, only drawn twice and has only scored 4 goals. If form counts for anyrthing, Anderlecht''s reserves should win this match.

5) AZ ALKMAAR home win over Willem II. Willem II isn''t a bad side, sitting mid-table, but Az Alkmaar is second only to Barcelona in home dominance in all of Europe. 

6) CELTIC home win over Queen''s Park.  I just can''t see this lower division side holding up Celtic.  Poor odds, but this is all about getting wins, as we''re risking nothing.

So there you have it.  Apologies to all those I did not select. There were one or two other England matches I was considering, but the weather got in the way.  While many matches might get postponed tomorrow morning, it can also open the door to a poor side playing shutdown defense for those teams just looking for a point.  Not worth the risk, methinks.  As far as I know, none of these matches has been postponed.  If one does get postponed today, I will repost with an alternate selection.   

[/quote]

They are excellent. Absolutely spot on [Y] We will have to be extremely unlucky not to win it this week! Well done NYC!

OK, my MK Dons pick has just been postponed.  So instead of that to keep us with an even 6, if Leedcanary''s pick of RHYL to win in the Welsh cup is still on, I''ll take that.  If that is also postponed, then 2nd choice would be UD Salamanca HOME WIN over Sevilia Atletico in the Spanish 2nd Division.  Sevilia Atletico are another of those awful away sides.  Lets see what we get....

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Peterborough to beat Carlisle in League One.[/quote]I see this has been postponed, so if I may I''d like to change my pick - I''m going for Scunthorpe to beat Cheltenham.