Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs It’s Wednesday again already so welcome to week 27 of the free bet season. This week it’s Newyorkcanary in charge and making the final selections. I was in Wolverhampton last night but my spies tell me that Newyork was on Canary Call and I think it’s great to have such committed fans from all over the world on the free bet too. Of course Justin is a previous winner and with that past form and present commitment this surely must be the week where we win again. So lets all give him the ammunition to do the job.

Now don’t forget the pickers meet on Friday 13th All of you are welcome if you can get there and if you’re not sure of directions or wondering about transport our friend Lappinitup will try and work something out so just get in touch with Lapp or myself.

I leave you as always with Ray’s signature …….

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,2,Fellas,2,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, yes Norfolkchance1 £400 for the Academy,so far.

Take it away Justin, the free bet is yours....

Thanks Nutty.  Yes, I did feel compelled to spend the 8 cents a minute to call the UK to get on Canary Call last night after a glorious showing against Wolves.  I''m looking forward to making picks this week and have already begun to look at the matches.  I''ll be picking around lunchtime (NY time) on Friday, so get your naps in by then please!  OTBC!

I''m one wrong prediction away from slipping off that leader board so, with that in mind, I shall be dull and pick Chelsea to beat Hull.

OK, Bigus, my New York Canaries friend, we only pick one match a week.  But having just spoken to you asking which one you prefer, put MK Dons HOME WIN down for Bigus this week.

My nap this week stays in Europe which has proved a happy hunting ground for me in recent weeks - having seen Barcelona are at home to Sporting Gijon my mind was quickly made up. Barcelona are flying with a home record of W9 D2 L0 and have scored 40 goals whilst conceeding only 7, Sporting Gijon are sitting mid-table with an away record of W4 D0 L7 and you would have to predict that a trip to the Nou Camp is a formality!!!

Barcelona v Sporting Gijon - Home Win

Good luck NY Canary, good to hear you on Canary Call last night!!!

MK Dons ( 2nd) v Crewe ( near the bottom) Home win certainity [:)]

Good Luck

Scotland has been a bad call, and although it looks tasty it''s been laced with poison for me so I''m steering clear. I have to agree with Berkshire. It''s gotta be Barcelona to spank Gijon''s bottom (5-1 I reckon). Good luck NewYork. We''ll rooting for yer to get a 2 next to yer name [<:o)]

Now the good news I have for all you PUPs tonight is that Ray''s family will be joining us for a drink on Friday week and that they are looking forward to meeting those of you who can make it. You all so know how happy I am to share this news with you[Y]

This week I''ve found what appears to be a good selection from Belguim. 2nd placed (although 2 points from top with a game in hand) Anderlecht host 2nd from bottom Bergen. Bergen have failed to win a single away game this season, picking up a porr 2 points from their travels. Anderlecht on the other hand sure know where the net is, if 7-1 4-0 and 5-1 home wins are anything to go by. Bergen lost earlier in the season at home 2-1 to Anderlecht, so I''m sure a home win is on the cards this time. the difference between Anderlechts 41 points and Bergen''s 16 tells its own story.

So for me it''s Anderlecht V Bergen - Home win.

Scunthorpe v Cheltenham - Home Win

Tempted to put us down to beat Bristol City after last nights stirring performance, but my picks have been going a bit pear shaped recently so didn''t want to put the jinx on us

Still, Come on you yellows !!

I will go along with that one BringBackIwan, Scunthorpe  quite good at home whilst Cheltenham are quite bad anywhere. Must be the best home win of the week surely ?

League 1, 3:00, Saturday : Scunthorpe v Cheltenham : Home win

League Two: Brentford v Chester - HOME WIN.

Aside from the fact that Brentford are promotion contenders and Chester have had a poor season so far, Chester lost about six players in the transfer season and I think are still under a transfer embargo and can''t bring any in!  This will not help their cause - the Bees are generally sound at home.

Wolves to win away against Coventry this week. Expect them to have got a real earful from their manager after Tuesday nights defensive display.

I am going for a home win for Tranmere v. Leyton Orient.

Tranmere are W10 D1 L3 F28 A15 at home and Orient are W4 D4 L7 F12 A19 away.

Good Luck, New York Canary!

[quote user="methcanary"]Wolves to win away against Coventry this week. Expect them to have got a real earful from their manager after Tuesday nights defensive display.[/quote]

. . . .and they are not up against as tough opposition, ha ha !

Man City - Middlesborough, Home Win.Man Citys'' home record this season is 7 - 0 - 5 with 27 goals for, and 12 against.Boros away record this season is 2 - 2 - 8 with 8 goals for, and 20 against.Boros'' current form is 0 - 2 - 4 over 6 games, and 0 - 4 - 6 over 10.Man City either win or lose at home, and the best Boro have done in the last 10 is draw, so they won''t win.But my backing makes Boro a nailed on away win [:)]