Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

NEW GK COACH

To be honest, whoever Gunn decides is best for Goalkeeping coach is probably the best we can realistically get. The man knows the role of the goalkeeper and how to be coached inside and out, he has decades of experience, whoever he chooses to coach Marshall and co I have full belief will be the perfect man for the job.

Apparently when Crichton was here as a player he was said to be a great character to have in the dressing room,so if he can teach Marshall to kick better as well he should be ok.

Paul Crichton was an average goalkeeper in his playing days and got himself in a little bit of trouble when playing in the conference didn''t he?

is he really going to improve ''The Pleb''?

jas :)

The thing is tho Marshall has been at fault a lot this season more so than last so maybe Tommy Wright hasnt been such a good influence on him.

[quote user="ridgeman"]

1st Wizard wrote the following post at 08/02/2009 10:44 AM:

As a keeper he was total poo!

From what little I saw of him should improve Marshalls juggling qualities but Marshall is already a better keeper than Crichton ever was.

[/quote]

And Nick Faldo was a better golfer than David Leadbetter but he had a very good understanding of what is needed to improve others game. Give the guy a chance.

And by the way his son used to go to my daughters school and they were told last week that he will be returning so it looks like good information.

[quote user="ridgeman"]

1st Wizard wrote the following post at 08/02/2009 10:44 AM:

As a keeper he was total poo!

From what little I saw of him should improve Marshalls juggling qualities but Marshall is already a better keeper than Crichton ever was.

[/quote]

And Nick Faldo was a better golfer than David Leadbetter but he had a very good understanding of what is needed to improve others game. Give the guy a chance.

And by the way his son used to go to my daughters school and they were told last week that he will be returning so it looks like good information.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Our new GK coach is also a former canary.... Paul Crichton. You heard it here first! Thoughts?[/quote]

Wrong - I made it pretty obvious in my post earlier today...

Let''s hope that Crichton can do something to improve Marshall''s concentration and eliminate errors!He seems to have been a good influence while he was here, so Good Luck to him!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Paul Crichton was an average goalkeeper in his playing days and got himself in a little bit of trouble when playing in the conference didn''t he?

is he really going to improve ''The Pleb''?

jas :)

[/quote]

Fergie, Wenger, Mourinio and Benitez were average players and look at them now...................

Your point makes no sense at all and as for getting in trouble, wow a bit of verbal with a supporter. Please god NCFC, don''t employ him............

Jeez.

Good luck to the lad. Perhaps we should break the habit of a lifetime and judge him on what he actually does rather than our preconceptions?

As far as im concernedits an ok appointmentI did some courses where he was coach and he was a knowledgeable guy.and remember, just because he wasnt the best player doesnt mean he isnt any good, after all great players have failed as coaches. He has helped to develop a good young keeper at Brighton (John Sullivan) so i trust him to do a good job.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]The best coaches were not necessarily the best players themselves![/quote]

He`s worked hard to get his coaching qualifications, not sure if thats a good or a  bad thing really. How good he was as a keeper himself is not necessarily the measure to use when lookinng at his ability as a coach, his record at Brighten would be the best measure. 

I remember there was a bit of a rumpus at York City when he was there? What actually went on. Did he have a fall out with a couple of fans or was it an argument with the chairman???

I heard Fleming on the Scrimmage at the start of this season being questioned about what helped city get promoted to the prem. His reply was that what made the difference was having certain ''characters'' in the changing room. The names of Paul Crichton and Clint Easton stood out to me. Neither made a dent in the first team but, according to Flem, their-behind-the scenes influence made them important squad members. Welcome back Crichton!

So we''ve got him to keep our players entertained and in a positive frame of mind.

Dvd''s of the Simpsons could do that.

Ok, so who is going to coach the keepers to be world class?

Lets imagine whats going through young master Rudds mind when he says Paul who, and then googles him.

[quote user="Grim Roeder"]

So we''ve got him to keep our players entertained and in a positive frame of mind.

Dvd''s of the Simpsons could do that.

Ok, so who is going to coach the keepers to be world class?

Lets imagine whats going through young master Rudds mind when he says Paul who, and then googles him.

[/quote]PLAYER REPUTATION MEANS FAits what he is like as a coach that matters and he isnt a bad coach at all.