Sign in to follow this  
ca

What changes would you like on this site?

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Signatures - it''s all a case of transferring stuff over and what can be ditched.

As for the format - it''ll look much like it does now, don''t worry.

[/quote]

I personally think that signature piccies detract from people''s posts.

[quote user="cityangel"]I personally think that signature piccies detract from people''s posts.[/quote]I agree. That allied with sensible quoting, would make the pages much easier to read at speed!

[quote user="missing in action"]i can see your point totallyi just think that if you could either see who the post was from or what its about before you read it mighr help with the "dont like it dont have to read it" mantra.im not bothered either way too much...[/quote]

If you hover your mouse over the title of a thread it brings up a pop-up window with the first few lines in.

[/quote]really?never noticed loli withdraw my suggestion [:)]

MIA - are you using Firefox? I use it and IE, and whilst it works for the latter, I find it doesn''t for the former. HTH[:)]

I like the signatures. It allows you to add an extra little point about yourself, a philosophy, a tribute or just a little joke. It humanises the whole forum a little for me. Would be a shame to see them go.

So far...

Avatars - likely to be staying.Signatures - likely to be going.Email validation - which should cut out the multiple accounts issue.Better search and highlighting most read and most replied.

[/quote]How about working on Opera and Safari?

So far...

Avatars - likely to be staying.Signatures - likely to be going.Email validation - which should cut out the multiple accounts issue.Better search and highlighting most read and most replied.

[/quote]And an EDIT button Pete, c''mon… that isn''t much to ask for!

[quote user="astrodyne"]MIA - are you using Firefox? I use it and IE, and whilst it works for the latter, I find it doesn''t for the former. HTH[:)][/quote]yes i am on firefoxcould explain why!!!!cheers dude

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="astrodyne"]MIA - are you using Firefox? I use it and IE, and whilst it works for the latter, I find it doesn''t for the former. HTH[:)][/quote]yes i am on firefoxcould explain why!!!!cheers dude[/quote]It also doesn''t work if you''re logged in... I use Firefox and it works fine for me as I''m constantly logged in to the site...........

It''s probably already been mentioned but I find the moving pictures on here - ? signatures ? - distracting.

Yes, even the Croft goal against Ipswich is beginning to get on my ****, but thay may have more to do with the follow-up shot of Roeder squealing with delight as it went in ( if you know what I mean )

[quote user="cityhopper"]I don''t think it''s possible to prevent anyone from having more than one account....[/quote]

Some sites can give you a warning if 2 different users are posting from the same IP addy but guess that would prevent hubby and wife posting, if there are any couples that both post on here.

@cityangel

The IP address thing is pretty easy to circumvent, but as your example illustrates it probably causes more problems than it solves.

Giving a few trusted posters the power to move and merge threads (rather than full moderation powers) might be worth looking at.

[quote user="cityhopper"]@cityangel

The IP address thing is pretty easy to circumvent, but as your example illustrates it probably causes more problems than it solves.

Giving a few trusted posters the power to move and merge threads (rather than full moderation powers) might be worth looking at.[/quote]As Angel said, it would prevent husbands and wives from posting if you were only allowed 1 IP address. My wife used to post until she got fed up with the abuse, for taking a pro-Worthington stance. "Giving a few trusted posters the power to move and merge threads" - given the way that this board tends to polarise, I think that this would be a terrible idea. I would rather put up with the multiple threads, than leave it to others to manipulate/ censor. A bad language filter would be a good idea though.

[quote user="cityangel"]

If we could make a list of changes that we''d like to see on this site to improve it what would yours be?

Mine would be to ask everyone who''s just about to start a new thread to spend 2 mins looking at the front page to make sure that there''s not one there already on the same subject?

[/quote]

on the other hand someone might have a very good point that doesn`t get read because its tagged on to the end of 138 replies and people get  bored before they get to it..sorry if someones already said that and i missed it [;)]

OfficialMatch Thread not to be started until 2pm on Sat when the team news can be included in it. Seems to get started days before the game nowadays when there''s nothing to put in it other than a prediction and there''s usually a prediction thread on the go anyway..

[quote user="cityangel"]OfficialMatch Thread not to be started until 2pm on Sat when the team news can be included in it. Seems to get started days before the game nowadays when there''s nothing to put in it other than a prediction and there''s usually a prediction thread on the go anyway..[/quote]

It doesn''t seem to matter when the Official Match Thread gets started as it usually ends up with someone saying they cut their toenails this morning, and a responder suggesting it''s better to go into the city and have a professional pedicure. Then a few others join in and say they tried to have their pets cured too but it was money down the drain. A quick response from another about their plumbing problems and we''re lucky if page 5 gets back to a comment on the match.

a chat room left open from about 2 on match days till about 7 after the game? could be in the same way as the text update thing which is excellent!

jas :)

Just thought of another one [:)] Delete the post count then the kids won''t be posting 25 times a day with usually just a couple of words or one sentence .

[quote user="cityangel"]

Just thought of another one [:)] Delete the post count then the kids won''t be posting 25 times a day with usually just a couple of words or one sentence .

[/quote]

Be fair CA.........with English as a second language one sentence is the best most of them can manage.

Posters who drag up 5 yr old threads which are no longer relevant should be banned for 5 years [:D]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

Return to moderation.

[/quote]I don''t agree, since the removal of moderation I''ve posted so much more and I think it means debate doesn''t develop.New forum Pete?  What''s it going to be like?[/quote]

The forum is still moderated...

Still very early days yet so nothing concrete.

[/quote]Can i get a name change? I don''t think its politically correct to have this name anymore xD. Really need the word roeder out of my name.Any chance you can do it?