Sign in to follow this  
ca

What changes would you like on this site?

An edit button is the big thing for me. I wasn''t here in the moderated days, but I think that the current system works pretty well most of the time, and that the more responsible posters weed out any unacceptable stuff fairly quickly by reporting it. It is a forum after all, and everyone has the right to air there opinion,although it saddens me that some people feel that they have to resort to insults when anyone disagrees with them.

I can''t see why people need to have multiple usernames, but mostly its harmless. I did however get very annoyed about Lincoln Canary/Golden Coppell claiming disabilty when ribbed about his spelling (as Golden Coppell) and then accidentally replying as Lincoln Canary when challenged. Pretending to be disabled, in my book, is a huge insult to those who genuinely are,and disgraceful behaviour.

I was there too, perhaps i am lucky enough that i live here, i will keep a eye out for your posts in the future, like some on here who slag jamie/wes/hucks off when they have''nt even set foot near the ground!!

Double T**t

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

I was there too, perhaps i am lucky enough that i live here, i will keep a eye out for your posts in the future, like some on here who slag jamie/wes/hucks off when they have''nt even set foot near the ground!!

Double T**t

[/quote]I slag Jamie off, The few games i managed before i left for Turkey - Curo was shocking, and from what i''ve heard on Canariesworld, combined with my first hand viewing I feel its enough to form a pretty solid opinion that Cureton isn''t good enough. Also I look at the stats - this season Curo has played most games and scored a solitary goal for City - not good enough. Hoolahan is a brilliant player, i remember the opening day (I think) away at Cov and watching Hooly and Lupoli combine with clever flicks, and 1-2s was amazing even though we conspired to lose the game 2-0. I''m sorry Hucks was awful last season - it was blindingly obvious - maybe he has sorted his hip out and is now nearer the player of 3 years ago than last season, i don''t know, i haven''t seen him play since he left us - apparently, from what i''ve read he was on fire in the MLS and he recieved the best league newcomer award - just bear in mind that the MLS top scorer a few years ago was Danny Dichio.I''m sorry but my opinion is just as valid as yours, Norwich has always been a massive part of my life, and will continue to be until the day I die - I plan to move to the City when I have finished uni and will be buying a season ticket before I do anything else - I have just as much right to an opinion as you, and just because I didn''t see something first hand does not mean that I can''t make an accurate judgement. I agree there are some on here (eg Smudger) who slag the club and players (and fans) off for the sake of it, I don''t, I make honest judgements after listening to the opinions of others and reviewing the facts/video highlights/what i''ve heard on commentary on the all too frequent Saturday''s when CW is my only link to the live game. I think you are wrong to tar all those who don''t go with the same brush - if someone lived in Norwich but couldn''t afford to buy a season ticket, I wouldn''t think my opinions were better than theirs, you clearly would as they ''hadn''t been to most games''....that says something about you as a person.and what the hell is a double tw*t? that doesn''t even make sense.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

Double T**t

[/quote]

I slag Jamie off, The few games i managed before i left for Turkey - Curo was shocking, and from what i''ve heard on Canariesworld, combined with my first hand viewing I feel its enough to form a pretty solid opinion that Cureton isn''t good enough. Also I look at the stats - this season Curo has played most games and scored a solitary goal for City - not good enough. Hoolahan is a brilliant player, i remember the opening day (I think) away at Cov and watching Hooly and Lupoli combine with clever flicks, and 1-2s was amazing even though we conspired to lose the game 2-0. I''m sorry Hucks was awful last season - it was blindingly obvious - maybe he has sorted his hip out and is now nearer the player of 3 years ago than last season, i don''t know, i haven''t seen him play since he left us - apparently, from what i''ve read he was on fire in the MLS and he recieved the best league newcomer award - just bear in mind that the MLS top scorer a few years ago was Danny Dichio.

I''m sorry but my opinion is just as valid as yours, Norwich has always been a massive part of my life, and will continue to be until the day I die - I plan to move to the City when I have finished uni and will be buying a season ticket before I do anything else - I have just as much right to an opinion as you, and just because I didn''t see something first hand does not mean that I can''t make an accurate judgement. I agree there are some on here (eg Smudger) who slag the club and players (and fans) off for the sake of it, I don''t, I make honest judgements after listening to the opinions of others and reviewing the facts/video highlights/what i''ve heard on commentary on the all too frequent Saturday''s when CW is my only link to the live game. I think you are wrong to tar all those who don''t go with the same brush - if someone lived in Norwich but couldn''t afford to buy a season ticket, I wouldn''t think my opinions were better than theirs, you clearly would as they ''hadn''t been to most games''....that says something about you as a person.

and what the hell is a double tw*t? that doesn''t even make sense.
[/quote]

Err? whats the above got to do with the subject of this thread?[:|]

Off-topic posts to be moderated.....Loads of threads on the same topic to be merged/deleted.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

Double T**t

[/quote]I slag Jamie off, The few games i managed before i left for Turkey - Curo was shocking, and from what i''ve heard on Canariesworld, combined with my first hand viewing I feel its enough to form a pretty solid opinion that Cureton isn''t good enough. Also I look at the stats - this season Curo has played most games and scored a solitary goal for City - not good enough. Hoolahan is a brilliant player, i remember the opening day (I think) away at Cov and watching Hooly and Lupoli combine with clever flicks, and 1-2s was amazing even though we conspired to lose the game 2-0. I''m sorry Hucks was awful last season - it was blindingly obvious - maybe he has sorted his hip out and is now nearer the player of 3 years ago than last season, i don''t know, i haven''t seen him play since he left us - apparently, from what i''ve read he was on fire in the MLS and he recieved the best league newcomer award - just bear in mind that the MLS top scorer a few years ago was Danny Dichio.I''m sorry but my opinion is just as valid as yours, Norwich has always been a massive part of my life, and will continue to be until the day I die - I plan to move to the City when I have finished uni and will be buying a season ticket before I do anything else - I have just as much right to an opinion as you, and just because I didn''t see something first hand does not mean that I can''t make an accurate judgement. I agree there are some on here (eg Smudger) who slag the club and players (and fans) off for the sake of it, I don''t, I make honest judgements after listening to the opinions of others and reviewing the facts/video highlights/what i''ve heard on commentary on the all too frequent Saturday''s when CW is my only link to the live game. I think you are wrong to tar all those who don''t go with the same brush - if someone lived in Norwich but couldn''t afford to buy a season ticket, I wouldn''t think my opinions were better than theirs, you clearly would as they ''hadn''t been to most games''....that says something about you as a person.and what the hell is a double tw*t? that doesn''t even make sense.[/quote]

[/quote]It was a response to Zema''s tendons wish that all poster go to all Norwich games. Regardless of things like finances, ill health, location etc.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

Double T**t

[/quote]I slag Jamie off, The few games i managed before i left for Turkey - Curo was shocking, and from what i''ve heard on Canariesworld, combined with my first hand viewing I feel its enough to form a pretty solid opinion that Cureton isn''t good enough. Also I look at the stats - this season Curo has played most games and scored a solitary goal for City - not good enough. Hoolahan is a brilliant player, i remember the opening day (I think) away at Cov and watching Hooly and Lupoli combine with clever flicks, and 1-2s was amazing even though we conspired to lose the game 2-0. I''m sorry Hucks was awful last season - it was blindingly obvious - maybe he has sorted his hip out and is now nearer the player of 3 years ago than last season, i don''t know, i haven''t seen him play since he left us - apparently, from what i''ve read he was on fire in the MLS and he recieved the best league newcomer award - just bear in mind that the MLS top scorer a few years ago was Danny Dichio.I''m sorry but my opinion is just as valid as yours, Norwich has always been a massive part of my life, and will continue to be until the day I die - I plan to move to the City when I have finished uni and will be buying a season ticket before I do anything else - I have just as much right to an opinion as you, and just because I didn''t see something first hand does not mean that I can''t make an accurate judgement. I agree there are some on here (eg Smudger) who slag the club and players (and fans) off for the sake of it, I don''t, I make honest judgements after listening to the opinions of others and reviewing the facts/video highlights/what i''ve heard on commentary on the all too frequent Saturday''s when CW is my only link to the live game. I think you are wrong to tar all those who don''t go with the same brush - if someone lived in Norwich but couldn''t afford to buy a season ticket, I wouldn''t think my opinions were better than theirs, you clearly would as they ''hadn''t been to most games''....that says something about you as a person.and what the hell is a double tw*t? that doesn''t even make sense.[/quote]

[/quote] Put Wiz in charge of a delete button [:D]

From a more techie perspective, Linus is right - the forum should have better standards code wise so this site works on more devices.For my two pence worth:1) Offer the content as feeds such as RSS so you can be see new posts and replies much faster.2) Add social bookmarking links so the content can be shared, will only be a good thing for search engine traffic and more visitors.3) A lo-fi version e.g. for slow mobile connections - loading even on an iphone can be tedious.4) A more user friendly design, it hasn''t changed for years!:)

Never Wished anything!! i know of friends who have been City fans for life who dont go to games, but apprieciate their opinion! But clearly by some of the dribble you get on here, baffles me that they have never set foot in the ground, the only person on here who gives a decent post is 1ST WIZARD, Hence when he posts on here, he gets a massive response

Ok fair enough ZT - I can''t be bothered bickering about something this trivial - I have my opinion, same as you have yours, I will respect yours and hope you will do the same for me...

yep! i was''nt pointing a finger at you! but your right everyone has a opinion, but like i said some of the dribble you read on here is un-real at times!

So no im not a T**t

[quote user="zemas tendon"]some of the dribble you read on here is un-real at times![/quote]To be fair, that problem isn''t exclusive to those who don''t get to attend games...........[quote user="zemas tendon"]So no im not a T**t[/quote]We''ll see............... [;)]

Just thought of another change [:)]

Dont post anything on here that you wouldn''t say to somebody''s face.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]That''s an excellent rule of thumb

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]But surely that''s half the fun [^o)][;)]In all seriousness, and this is down to individual posters rather than the mods, I''d like to see an end to people quoting 10+ previous posts when they post themselves. If you do need to quote somebody it''s not difficult to delete the stuff that''s not needed before you post.I''m quite happy with the forum though, otherwise I wouldn''t keep coming back [:D]

So far...

Signatures - likely to be going.
Email validation - which should cut out the multiple accounts issue.
Better search and highlighting most read and most replied.

an edit button would be goodor under each thread sub topic names could be in, and you can choose a reply from the thread rather than just scroll through.eg.....Doc as a threadonce you click that, all the replies have titles and then you can pick and choosebasically like wotb but without dickheads and slightly better organised.

[quote user="missing in action"]an edit button would be goodor under each thread sub topic names could be in, and you can choose a reply from the thread rather than just scroll through.eg.....Doc as a threadonce you click that, all the replies have titles and then you can pick and choosebasically like wotb but without dickheads and slightly better organised. [/quote]I have to say, I much prefer this format - if it was all subheadings then i would probably be a far less frequent visitor on these boards!! that style of forum really winds me up!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

That''s me all over, always has been, always will be, I don''t change in person to who I am on here [:)]

[quote user="I cant smell anything"]IMO 4-5 ''Forum Daddies'' would be a mistake.  Consistency would be the biggest problem,  Pete would have more complaints than what he has now.

ie say 2 or 3 of these forum daddies don''t like Wiz, they''ll try and gag him all the time.  I don''t mind Wiz myself except for starting new threads to say the same thing, BUT there''s several others who do that all the time anyway.
[/quote]

Thats why I said well selected, obviously there can be no personal judgement but if you read my post I dont actually want that.  What I want is for 4 or 5 people to start discussion topics.  One reason for this is it stops the endless posting of new threads about the same subject and keeps more at the front for longer.

Maybe you could have a topic suggestion thread that the 4 or 5 can view for ideas.  We already have an Anything Goes section so that can be used for those who need to continually start uninteresting threads.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="missing in action"]an edit button would be good
or under each thread sub topic names could be in, and you can choose a reply from the thread rather than just scroll through.

eg.....Doc as a thread
once you click that, all the replies have titles and then you can pick and choose
basically like wotb but without dickheads and slightly better organised.
[/quote]

I have to say, I much prefer this format - if it was all subheadings then i would probably be a far less frequent visitor on these boards!! that style of forum really winds me up!
[/quote]

Does me too, that''s why I hardly ever go on there now, too much work to read one or two lines of rubbish [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Strewth!!!! luv a duck  â€¦flamin keyboard bullies and the like make me feel real crook.. keep the forum for the fair dinkum posters and expose the flamin mongrels with multiple usernames.. fair go sheila..theres been too many bludgers on here who wouldn’t say boo to a goose if they weren’t behind the comp… if ya can’t call a bloke a flamin galah to his face then ya shouldn’t post it on here… keep the forum for the fair dinkum posters and expose the flamin mongrels with multiple usernames.. it seems like that bludger pete has been as busy as a one legged bloke in an arsekicking championship in sorting this out[:O][;)]… makes me as mad as a bucket of cut snakes[:@]

Ailsa... was that you??????????????????[*-)][8-)]

[:)][:D][;)][:P][<:o)][B][B][pi][ap][ip]

[quote user="jbghost"]The removal of Smudger and every post he has ever placed on here[/quote]

I know where your coming from!

The blokes a bad joke wind up merchant but hes entitled to his own opinion. Its best to ignore him or ridicule him as I do!

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="missing in action"]an edit button would be goodor under each thread sub topic names could be in, and you can choose a reply from the thread rather than just scroll through.eg.....Doc as a threadonce you click that, all the replies have titles and then you can pick and choosebasically like wotb but without dickheads and slightly better organised. [/quote]I have to say, I much prefer this format - if it was all subheadings then i would probably be a far less frequent visitor on these boards!! that style of forum really winds me up! [/quote]i can see your point totallyi just think that if you could either see who the post was from or what its about before you read it mighr help with the "dont like it dont have to read it" mantra.im not bothered either way too much...

[quote user="missing in action"]
i can see your point totally
i just think that if you could either see who the post was from or what its about before you read it mighr help with the "dont like it dont have to read it" mantra.
im not bothered either way too much...
[/quote]

If you hover your mouse over the title of a thread it brings up a pop-up window with the first few lines in.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

So far...

Signatures - likely to be going.
Email validation - which should cut out the multiple accounts issue.
Better search and highlighting most read and most replied.

[/quote]

Pete, Someone made a good suggestion about the ''''quote situation'''' sometimes it throws the size of the page out, can the settings be altered so that only upto maybe ?? 4 previous quotes can be quoted?

The avatars are great, I really wouldn''t want to see them go... but I also don''t understand the removal of the Signatures.Oh, and please say NO! to the ideas of making the forum look more like WOTB... which is, frankly, shite and makes absolutely no sense unless you''ve been posting on there since day 1.....

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]The avatars are great, I really wouldn''t want to see them go... but I also don''t understand the removal of the Signatures.

Oh, and please say NO! to the ideas of making the forum look more like WOTB... which is, frankly, shite and makes absolutely no sense unless you''ve been posting on there since day 1.....
[/quote]

Signatures - it''s all a case of transferring stuff over and what can be ditched.

As for the format - it''ll look much like it does now, don''t worry.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

So far...

Avatars - likely to be staying.Signatures - likely to be going.Email validation - which should cut out the multiple accounts issue.Better search and highlighting most read and most replied.

[/quote]

Pete, Someone made a good suggestion about the ''''quote situation'''' sometimes it throws the size of the page out, can the settings be altered so that only upto maybe ?? 4 previous quotes can be quoted?

[/quote]Will all user details be lost with this move then? (ie, post count, log-in details etc.)