Sign in to follow this  
cambscanary

We need the equivalent of 8 wins ish.

[quote user="crafty canary"]

Well thats 1 point from 3 so I need 2 from the next 4 and nutty needs at least 6. We are averaging 0.97 points per game for the season or a heady 1 per game under Gunny. We are thus heading for another 13 points at this rate which would give my predicted 45 points. I do hope that Watford and Barnsley start to deteriorate as their season to date points per game ratio puts them both ahead of us. 

[/quote]

Well now Crafty. I would say both me and Norwich City Football Club need at least another 6 points from the next 4 games. The fact that you only need 2 is a bit sad really. If you get proved right will it make the disappointment any less for you than it will me? I still think we can get those 6 points and I still think we can stay up with a total of more than 50. These next 2 home games are crucial. Anything less than 4 points would make things extremely difficult. But it''s very difficult to work out which games we could get points from. If you look back at where we got our 32 points would you have predicted it? But I will admit that I''m becoming more and more of a "Blind Faither" (to coin a phrase from Mello).

Now Gazza is predicting 40 points so why not arm yourself with your prediction of 45 and take him on. You may enjoy "batting for the right team" and it may make you feel better[;)]

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]I think 48 points will be the cut off this season - this is how it will end:

Norwich     48  GD -13
Derby         48        -14
Doncaster   48        -18
Southampt  47         -20
Charlton     38         -27

So surviving on Goal difference
[/quote]doncaster?are you on drugs,have you not seen their recent results?

derby are you on drugs,have you not seen their recent results?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="crafty canary"]

Well thats 1 point from 3 so I need 2 from the next 4 and nutty needs at least 6. We are averaging 0.97 points per game for the season or a heady 1 per game under Gunny. We are thus heading for another 13 points at this rate which would give my predicted 45 points. I do hope that Watford and Barnsley start to deteriorate as their season to date points per game ratio puts them both ahead of us. 

[/quote]

Well now Crafty. I would say both me and Norwich City Football Club need at least another 6 points from the next 4 games. The fact that you only need 2 is a bit sad really. If you get proved right will it make the disappointment any less for you than it will me? I still think we can get those 6 points and I still think we can stay up with a total of more than 50. These next 2 home games are crucial. Anything less than 4 points would make things extremely difficult. But it''s very difficult to work out which games we could get points from. If you look back at where we got our 32 points would you have predicted it? But I will admit that I''m becoming more and more of a "Blind Faither" (to coin a phrase from Mello).

Now Gazza is predicting 40 points so why not arm yourself with your prediction of 45 and take him on. You may enjoy "batting for the right team" and it may make you feel better[;)]

[/quote]

Nutty, I would remind you that it was you that was implying my prediction of points were pessimistic and that in your opinion we would get considerably more. I am merely pointing out that my predictions are currently much more likely to be the reality in terms of total points than yours. As you rightly point out that would be a Phyrric victory as the club would be stuffed. However I try to be realistic and not pretend to myself that evrything will be all right when I see absolutely no evidence for it happening. If I can''t be honest with myself then what''s the point? Too many people these days live in their own fantasy worlds divorced from the cold realities. 

Yes Crafty I was implying that your prediction of points was pessimistic just as you were implying than mine was optimistic or even just plain fantasy and divorced from reality[:O] Now my friend, come the end of the season you may be right or I may be right but you are very brave to brand yourself a realist and others dreamers. I would say that''s just a tad conceited because there is absolutely nothing to back it up with. None of us can tell the future. All teams have highs and lows in a season. Last year we stayed up because of a run we had in the middle of the season. This year that run could be at the end. Just as easily this year the run may never come and so we get relegated. But you seem to think that our point per game average will carry on right to the end of the season. You could be right but it makes you no more a realist than anyone else.

Last season Preston had 33 points after 33 games - Certainties to be relegated from many pundits they then picked up 23 points from their final 13 to end the season on 56. Far from being a one off this type of thing regularly occurs. Again from last season Watford were joint top after 33 games with 59 points. - Certainties to be promoted by many punters they then picked up just 11 points from the final 13 games, sneaked into the last play-off place and easily brushed aside in that.

Finally Crafty what are your thoughts on Gazza''s prediction of 40 points at the end of the season? Do you think it''s plain fantasy and divorced from reality or do you see him as even more of a realist than you?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Yes Crafty I was implying that your prediction of points was pessimistic just as you were implying than mine was optimistic or even just plain fantasy and divorced from reality[:O] Now my friend, come the end of the season you may be right or I may be right but you are very brave to brand yourself a realist and others dreamers. I would say that''s just a tad conceited because there is absolutely nothing to back it up with. None of us can tell the future. All teams have highs and lows in a season. Last year we stayed up because of a run we had in the middle of the season. This year that run could be at the end. Just as easily this year the run may never come and so we get relegated. But you seem to think that our point per game average will carry on right to the end of the season. You could be right but it makes you no more a realist than anyone else.

Last season Preston had 33 points after 33 games - Certainties to be relegated from many pundits they then picked up 23 points from their final 13 to end the season on 56. Far from being a one off this type of thing regularly occurs. Again from last season Watford were joint top after 33 games with 59 points. - Certainties to be promoted by many punters they then picked up just 11 points from the final 13 games, sneaked into the last play-off place and easily brushed aside in that.

Finally Crafty what are your thoughts on Gazza''s prediction of 40 points at the end of the season? Do you think it''s plain fantasy and divorced from reality or do you see him as even more of a realist than you?

[/quote]

Nutty, my prediction is not 40 points I just said if current form is anything to go by we would finish on 40 points. IMHO I think we will finish around the 46 point mark and whether that will be enough points to gain safety who knows I sincerely hope it is......

So whats you prediction Nutty????

One team in the bottom 6/7 will dramatcially improve - it happens year after year.   We can hope that it is us this season but thats not really good enough :-(

A cruicial factor will be playing mid table teams.  Those looking for promotion / play offs have too much to play for and those in a relgation battle will also be desperate for points - so playing for a team that no longer cares is just what we need....

Question: Who will score the goals that bring the wins?

Question: Back four is leaking silly goals every other game, not good ... for winning streak

I''m hoping it all turns out like we want it to, but I just can''t see our team getting it together. The reason for that is, we got so euphoric after the Barnsley game, got a few draws in games we should''ve won. The heads dropped and now we''re really in the doldrums...

Sorry, I can''t really see it happening, but it''s football isn''t it?

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Nutty, my prediction is not 40 points I just said if current form is anything to go by we would finish on 40 points. IMHO I think we will finish around the 46 point mark and whether that will be enough points to gain safety who knows I sincerely hope it is......

So whats you prediction Nutty????

[/quote]

Well I already made my prediction earlier in this thread Gazza. I predicted we would finish the season on 52-55 points. But it''s a total shot in the dark really just like yours is. Crafty thinks we will get 2 points from our next for games and I predict at least 6. But the problem is the Champuionship is totally unpredictable. Just look at the points we have got so far and ask yourself if you would have predicted where we got them. For instance would you have predicted just 4 points from the games we have played against Charlton, Southampton and Watford but 8 points from the games against Birmingham, Sheffield Utd and Wolves.

Thats a silly example,how many points would will we have get from swansea,bristol city,reading,qpr,burnley and derby this season.

Let me see so far we have urghhhhhhhhh ZERO.My prediction from remaining games against these teams ZERO

[quote user="lobster catcher"]

Thats a silly example,how many points would will we have get from swansea,bristol city,reading,qpr,burnley and derby this season.

Let me see so far we have urghhhhhhhhh ZERO.My prediction from remaining games against these teams ZERO

[/quote]

OK.. yours is a shot in the dark like the rest of us lobster. So what''s your prediction for the next 4 games and how many points do you predict we will end the season with?

Can''t see us getting nothing saturday

coventry is a must win

Nothing from Qpr i fear

Blackpool will be a real struggle to get a point

I really fear for us ,the teams around us have much easier run ins,my prediction is we will finish with between 45 and 48 points.

whether this is enough to keep us up is anyones guess

Well 46 - 48 points seems to be quite popular. I predicted 52-55 but I''m an optimist by nature so I could afford to be a few points optimistic and we''d still be safe. If you lot are pessemists by nature then another win and draw on top of your predictions would leave us likely safe on 50 too. Or are you still all claiming to be realists[:^)]

I came up with 50 which was enough to see us safe by two points despite losing to Charlton on the last day. Either way, squeaky bum time, and there will be a lot of teams in the mix until the last game.

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and waddles like a duck it is not a shot in the dark to conclude that it is a duck. There is absolutely no sign that City are about to embark on a massive point collecting run in their last 13 games so I''m not going to assume that they will. That is being realistic despite Nutty trying to convince himself that we are actually playing great football that is finally going to bear fruit. I''d like him to be right of course but the current league table is more on my side than his.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="crafty canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We are still on course for our 51 points. I had accounted for no points from Preston and Burnley anyway. As long as we get 3 points from one of our next 2 home games we are on course to stay up. Losing at home to Burnley isn''t the end of the world, losing to both Burnley and Coventry will be the end of the world as we know it (but I feel fine).

[quote user="The Walking Man"]I think we''ll gain 17 points from the remaining games leaving us on 49 points, very squaky bum time...[/quote]

Well thats one point gained, where are the other 16 coming from in the 12 remaining games.

That''s now 2 points from 5 games against my prediction of 3 from 7 with QPR and Blackpool away to come. Looks as if I was a tad optimistic.

Anyone left who still think we''ll get 51 points? That''s just a mere 18 points fromour last 11 games.

i did the prediciotns on the beeb website before the Burnley game and predicted we''d get 8 more points this season.... so thats 1 down and 7 to go...

it wont be enough....

jas :)

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]

We are in league one and anybody who thinks we are suddenly going to win more games than we have all season is a f*ckwit.

[/quote]

Hmmm....

Like it always has. I''m delighted by our 3 wins in 4 games and will be even more delighted if we stay up but let''s be honest here, we are still in deep shyte. Difference now, as I''ve said on another thread, is that our fate is now back in our own hands. Thank goodness Gunny has finally realised that Cureton is utter crap and that Cort seems unable to get both feet off the ground simultaneously. With a bit of pace up front we suddenly look a threat. A month ago we were dead and buried and to pretend otherwise was just plain rosy optimism. The improvements are due to changes that none of us, including you Lappin, were forecasting. We are not out of the woods by a long chalk. The fact is our away record is still bottom 3 standard and our remaining away games are likely to produce few points. As it always was, our fate will be mainly determined by our home results and finally we look like being able to win most of these. However even if we win all our remaining games at Carrow Road we will, again, finish a season having failed to win half our home games. That''s a poor record and it is happening regularly.

Let''s just hope that if we do keep Championship status our utterly useless and incompetent board will finally wake up to the fact that money has to be invested in the team otherwise we''ll be in the same siuation next season. People are already talking about the number of players we could get with £3M for Clingan. Why do they assume this board will make most of this money available to Gunny? More likely that they''ll use it to buy yet more land that will sit there until the credit cruch is over before we''ll realise any profit from it.

Too right Crafty. We''re in a five way dog fight now, between Southampton, Barnsley, Forest, us and Plymouth (Charlton are, IMO, brown bread). All we''ve done is keep us among this pack and not join Charlton in the brown bead category. Now the hard work has to continue if we''re to avoid the drop.

[quote user="crafty canary"]The improvements are due to changes that none of us, including you Lappin, were forecasting.[/quote]Huh! Since I''ve not posted on this thread I can only assume the recent results have confused your thinking. Try to concentrate on the football a little bit Crafty, It''ll help you to stop throwing blame around. You may even begin to enjoy it again and, if you can, take you mind off that nasty old board! Good luck son!

[quote user="crafty canary"]

Like it always has. I''m delighted by our 3 wins in 4 games and will be even more delighted if we stay up but let''s be honest here, we are still in deep shyte. Difference now, as I''ve said on another thread, is that our fate is now back in our own hands. Thank goodness Gunny has finally realised that Cureton is utter crap and that Cort seems unable to get both feet off the ground simultaneously. With a bit of pace up front we suddenly look a threat. A month ago we were dead and buried and to pretend otherwise was just plain rosy optimism. The improvements are due to changes that none of us, including you Lappin, were forecasting. We are not out of the woods by a long chalk. The fact is our away record is still bottom 3 standard and our remaining away games are likely to produce few points. As it always was, our fate will be mainly determined by our home results and finally we look like being able to win most of these. However even if we win all our remaining games at Carrow Road we will, again, finish a season having failed to win half our home games. That''s a poor record and it is happening regularly.

Let''s just hope that if we do keep Championship status our utterly useless and incompetent board will finally wake up to the fact that money has to be invested in the team otherwise we''ll be in the same siuation next season. People are already talking about the number of players we could get with £3M for Clingan. Why do they assume this board will make most of this money available to Gunny? More likely that they''ll use it to buy yet more land that will sit there until the credit cruch is over before we''ll realise any profit from it.

[/quote]

Now Crafty, back on 8th Feb we were on 32 points and I predicted we would get at least 20 more. You stated that we would get only 13 points from our final 14 games. You said we''d get nothing from the home games against Burnley and Cardiff and that Coventry was a must win game. And you said we''d get no more than 8 more home points all season. Away from home you said we''d maybe scrape a point at Blackpool but get nothing from the rest. I just carried on predicting we would get at least 52 points and that it was impossible to predict which games those 20 points would come from. And so it came to pass that we got a point from Burnley and nothing from Coventry and you kept resurrecting this thread making fun of my predictions, calling it fantasy football and claiming realism and reality for your own. Even though you''d already called it wrong. Then we got you condescending duck post but we won at QPR and suddenly you disappeared and let the thread die......................

But now you''re back
from outer space
I just walked in to find you here
with know-all look upon your face
I see you’ve changed your stupid tune
and now you’re right when you’re wrong
But if we keep on winning
you won’t be back for long

Go on now go - walk out the door
just turn around now
''cause you make no sense anymore
weren''t you the one who tried to hurt us with your jibes