Sign in to follow this  
Pottsy

CLUBCALL HEADLINE-BOSS 'I WANT 8 SIGNINGS'

Does anyone know what this is all about surely Worthy doesn''t want 8 more players. If he does he better get moving. When is the transfer deadline is it the end of August?
Wouldn''t mind if it is true but can''t quite see it, more like 3.

I can just see this: Reporter: "How many new signings do you think it would take to guarantee Norwich staying up enxt year"; Worthy: "About 8". Reporter then reports "Worthy wants 8 new signings". That''s the media for you.

Ama

I actually called this last night and it was obviously late afternoon because worthy said Helveg had been and gone. He did not sound to hopefull really and expressed he concerns over "other clubs". Worthy also went on to say he will definately sign 3 players but would actually try to bring in eight players to bring the squad numbers upto what he called the "prem standard". Bad news is that they are still talking about the fee for Jamie Scowcroft.

Supposed quotes like that in the papers will surely have dear old Fab running to fetch his abacus to see if we''ve reached the magic 15 yet, ama!!!

Yeah I know. But sometime he has left some player on list. So he think 8 signing would make them stay up.

But sometime player is Free transfer, Bosman free, Transfer with fee.
So he need all as Goalkeeper, Defender, Midfielder and Striker.

Maybe he will sign later month or sign by Christmas when the transfer window re-open

Well we have 5 signings already so 3 more to go! I say Primus, a right winger (please Pennant!), and a big striker (johansson or harewood), although Helveg could be called to cover right wing.

If we made those signings I think we''d have an excellent chance of staying up next season

Bring it on Arsenal!

i would like to clarify what nigel actually said....he''s had his eye on a Malaysian player called Ayt si Ning !

8 seems quite a lot to me. I think a very important aspect of us staying up next year will be the team spirit and that we have kept the nucleus of the squad we had last year. I''d rather do what we''re doing than do a West Brom and buy a whole new squad of defenders!!

Being a "Malaysian" I suppose you will want a song for him eh Nolegs, ok here goes.

Si Ning,
We all hate Ayt si Ning,

I should have quit while I was ahead!

I''m not worried about 8 si nings coming into the club - as I posted a couple of months ago we had 10 new faces at the club last season (incl loanees) and how successful were we? 8 looks like a piece of .... and there is no way Worthy will bring in anyone to rock the boat.

As many of the posts since then have shown we do have a thin squad, even more so once the contracts of rivers and co were finished early, and it desperately needed boosting - seems liek a sensible number to me.

OTBC