Sign in to follow this  
Kings Canary

Right back

Is anyone else a little peturbed by the cover at right back? We seem to have oodles of left sided players (Drury, Shackell, Charlton, Brennan), but down the right we have, well Edworthy, and Briggs.

At right back, Edworthys Ok, but Wolves released him before the premiership, and I think he''s in the ''solid pro'' category, shall we say. And Briggs is still knocking about but I can''t think that NW is particularly thinking about him, he is mid twenties and was obviously not good enough to replace Edworthy - even when he was injured NW played Holt there! If he''s not good enough for Div 1, then the premiership is going to be a ''challenge'' for him.

What do others think?

One of the huge advantages for us if we can land a deal for Linvoy Primus is that he can, I believe, play right back as well as centre back, so that would help give us the necessary cover there I guess.

I would definitely like to see another right back in the squad as we do seem short of cover there. It seems fairly clear that Worthy doesn''t really rate Briggs and I don''t think that playing either Holty or Flem there is the answer.

John Otsemeboor at Liverpool is meant to be a good young player and we might be able to get him on loan (although the fact that he managed to get himself shot in the buttock in a Liverpool club might not put him in the Worthy ''good apple'' book).

Sun Jihai at Man City has always struck me as a quick, fit and tenacious right back and he might be available now that Danny Mills has gone to Eastlands. Please don''t rip into me too much for suggesting a Man City defender.

Then there''s some bloke called Darren Kenton who''s pretty good and can also play well at centre back. I know, I know.. I''m not trying to reignite the whole "would Worthy have him back" debate, I''m just saying.

Phil Jagielka at sheff Utd is another highly rated young player and as I understand it he has played at right back, centre back and central midfield - so is pretty versatile.