Sign in to follow this  
AJ

What's wrong with Lappin?!

Why bring in ANOTHER LOAN and another left winger?Surely Lappin should have his shout?I am actually quite annoyed by this.

IMOOur midfield should be played like this;

HoolahanLappin           Russell              Croft

[quote user="Nigel Worthless"]Its quite simple - he is not up to championship standard. Have people forgotten what he was like when he last played??!![/quote]Yes[:|]

He''s so good, he''s been on the transfer list for the best part of a year and his loan spell at Motherwell aside, no one has taken a punt on him. Ask yourselves why..

If you don''t think Clingan deserves to be in our midfield, you may as well just go and jump off a cliff now.

I think Lappin deserves a chance based on the professional approach he''s shown. But by chance, i mean for him to train with the first-team, not automatically selected. If he isn''t training as well as other players, then he doesn''t deserve to play!

Its all still a bit of a mystery.  Of the ''Plymouth Six'', he''s still here and going, it seems, nowhere.  Even Roeder never got shot of him, yet managed to offload everybody else who he didn''t want here.  Odd.

Being out of the squad for so long is the best thing that''s ever happened to Simon Lappin. I certainly can''t remember him being this highly rated when he was playing regularly.

A decent left foot but no pace. Good delivery from set pieces but not much end product from open play. Distinctly average. At least that''s how i remember him [:^)]

[quote user="CT "]Lappin is rubbish- ffs people [8-)]
[/quote]Couldn''t of said any simpler myself ,said before watched the pre-season friendly against Gorleston where o.k he played left back as i''ve been reminded many a time and i''ll remind people that Gorleston are a non league side,Lappin was run ragged by a young winger who also plays in the same sunday league as myself.His position or not a pro paid footballer that can''t cope with a sunday league amateur in a team that won 8-1 that day certainly wouldn''t be in my team again and obviously i aint the only one.

[quote user="JJ"]

Its all still a bit of a mystery.  Of the ''Plymouth Six'', he''s still here and going, it seems, nowhere.  Even Roeder never got shot of him, yet managed to offload everybody else who he didn''t want here.  Odd.

[/quote]Think the problem is his wages which may be too high for a lot of clubs - he came on a virtual free so could take advantage -just like I think Fotheringham had hoped to do this summer. - plus I suspect he genuinely wants to play for Norwich.. Some remember him as below average ability - I remember him as having above average ability, even without his dead ball skills. I may be quite mistaken - we all see the game differently but in that view I am heartended by those who say Clingan is useless. (Clingan is quality - easily the best we have at the moment so if they are the same who are also putting down Lappin, I don''t rate their opinions much). I''d like to see Lappin on the field for 25 minutes so we can all judge. Roeder''s refusal to give him a chance was criminal IMO given that we were short of players and short of points - and were paying his wages anyway.We have Bertand, Pattison, Bell - and Lappin - who can all play left midfield if really needed. As we are so desperate for a striker (or two) and so short of funds, it beats me why we have signed another left sided midfielder at this moment. Unless there are departures planned. But I can''t see Lappin going until the end of the season - unless it''s to MK Dons.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Lappin deserves his chance!!

But Clingan should also obviously be in the midfield!

Lappin, Hoolahan, Clingan and Croft.[/quote]Many apologies! I didn''t mean to miss Clingan out!I would play what you said, and Russell upfront with Cureton!

[quote user="JJ"]

[/quote]I might be being over cynical but I suspect it could be because he is being paid more here than anyone else is prepared to pay him, so he is sitting tight on his contract waiting for a chance to prove himself. But I DON''T have any inside knowledge - purely guesswork.From what I remember, he was a tidy player with a useful left foot  but never really looked either quick and/ or strong enough. I agree that he became a "hero" to some as an  anti - Roeder stance.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="JJ"]

[/quote]

I might be being over cynical but I suspect it could be because he is being paid more here than anyone else is prepared to pay him, so he is sitting tight on his contract waiting for a chance to prove himself. But I DON''T have any inside knowledge - purely guesswork.

From what I remember, he was a tidy player with a useful left foot  but never really looked either quick and/ or strong enough. I agree that he became a "hero" to some as an  anti - Roeder stance.[/quote]

It may well be a wages thing, but the fact that Gunn isn''t taking a punt on him (even on the bench) while signing another left sided player suggests that he''s either not as good as we first thought, or that he did something so outrageous that he can never be considered again.

I may have missed this already, but when does his contract run out?

He may not be the best left sided player at the moment, but I will always remember that fantastic last gasp free kick against Luton, and him clearing off the line when we drew 2-2 with the binners last season. I''d like to see him given another go.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]He may not be the best left sided player at the moment, but I will always remember that fantastic last gasp free kick against Luton, and him clearing off the line when we drew 2-2 with the binners last season. I''d like to see him given another go.[/quote]Agreed - I thought a more effective player than some who run around misplacing passes. Am pretty sure his contract is up in July - as I believe is Fotheringham''s. Gunn clearly likes Fotheringham so he''ll probably get anew contract. Will be interesting to see if any credit crunch realism will start to influence wage levels and new contracts.