Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Carney for Croft plus cash ?

Surprised know-one has thought about this coming off, Sheff Utd are always linked with Croft, would make sense i suppose, both players out of contract in the summer, Bell to switch to the right wing, Croft has done ok this season but was awful for his first two here, Would we be better off, What do you think ??

I agree. I believe Croft will sign a new contract soon. I think Carney could join in the summer if the loan goes well as he has the Crook connection. regarding Crook I feel that there is something in the pipeline, as he would not uproot his family in Australia to come back for 6 months. I wouldn''t be surprised to see him and Bowen in some capacity, as they were supposed to be best buddies, if the Man City board decide to get rid of him and Sparky.

Doesn''t make good business, didn''t we originally pay around £700k to Man City for him?now he''s starting to show the promise we brought him here for, o.k end product could do with a little more work, but he''s now at an age where the next 4-5yrs will be the best of his career if we are about to off load him would have to be looking to get at least a £1m,still i belive it would be better business & football to keep him.  

i personaly want to keep croft but if he does not want to sign a deal then i agree we should swap him if possible. the simple reason is that i belive that we would have to give man city a good percentage of any fee we get for croft. with our money situation, every little helps