Sign in to follow this  
Don,tPanic

Hoolahan......overated

I,m sorry but i don,t get all this Hoolahan man of the match stuff, and yes i was there......ok it was a very good goal but what about the rest of the game,yes he is always looking for the ball but thats no good it you give the ball away as much as he does or you are knocked off the ball by the slightest touch.He is way too small too compete effectivly at this level and have you ever seen a pro footballer who is soooooo one footed, he had a great chance to score at the River End last night but because the ball was on his right he could not shoot and by the time he tried to switch to his left foot a tackle had come in and the chance was lost,if he is the "hero" that we have got to replace Hucks then god help us.

When he and Cureton are in the side we look like a team of Hobbits.........and on the subject of Cureton (too slow,too small) what was he on about when he missed that chance before half-time,apprantly he done all he could....no he did,nt, he hit it straight at the keeper!!!! either side and low and he would have scored, Lita would have done 

Yes I know they are almost all we have got but please open your eyes when you go and see how bad some of these "Hero,s " are.

really poor goal .... !!!! badly taken ... hes got better since roeder has left... he scored last night !!!

why on earth are people knocking players , even after they score 2 games on the trot , after not scoring for over a year.

what on earth do you want , we cant afford ronaldo unfortunately.

[quote user="DontPanic"]

I,m sorry but i don,t get all this Hoolahan man of the match stuff, and yes i was there......ok it was a very good goal but what about the rest of the game,yes he is always looking for the ball but thats no good it you give the ball away as much as he does or you are knocked off the ball by the slightest touch.He is way too small too compete effectivly at this level and have you ever seen a pro footballer who is soooooo one footed, he had a great chance to score at the River End last night but because the ball was on his right he could not shoot and by the time he tried to switch to his left foot a tackle had come in and the chance was lost,if he is the "hero" that we have got to replace Hucks then god help us.

When he and Cureton are in the side we look like a team of Hobbits.........and on the subject of Cureton (too slow,too small) what was he on about when he missed that chance before half-time,apprantly he done all he could....no he did,nt, he hit it straight at the keeper!!!! either side and low and he would have scored, Lita would have done 

Yes I know they are almost all we have got but please open your eyes when you go and see how bad some of these "Hero,s " are.

[/quote]

Why did you need to start a new thread on this topic when the following is a few lines down?

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1557843/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="DontPanic"]

[/quote]

Strange, Neil Adams and Co said it was a brilliant save.........Hmm?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="DontPanic"]

[/quote]

[/quote]As did Sky Sports News last night...

Why did you need to start a new thread on this topic when the following is a few lines down

I did,nt know there was a rule against it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair it''s more board etiquette than rules.  It makes it easier for people to view one thread on a subject rather than trawl through lots of different threads on the same subject.  Besides which Pete normally merges similar or same threads.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="DontPanic"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
As did Sky Sports News last night...
[/quote]

To be fair I thought it was straight at the keeper. Not an easy save but Curo could have kept his shot lower and tested him more.

lets face it they could hardly gell under the muppet we just sacked.

between then russel, hoolihan, cureton,fothingham, they have scored 6 goals in two games .

my eyes are well open my friend , hoolihan was a quality player at blackpool and ran rings round us.

he wasnt happy under roeder , he and all the others in the team have now to get used to a new coaching set up and management.

if most of our midfielders and stikers now know where the net is ,and grow confidence and respected as players and people more will come.

why dont you ask some of the blackpool fans what they thought of him , i think your opinion would truely be out voted .

hes scored 2 in 2 give the guy a break!!!

overrated perhaps (he arrived as the new messiah)but pehaps still good enough to do a job, if he can start CREATING then we should be okmy fear for him is that he hasnt the vision that a player in his role would have. dinking  the ball round the corner or slotting it through a gap for our strikers, he struggles with that.

[quote user="missing in action"]overrated perhaps (he arrived as the new messiah)

my fear for him is that he hasnt the vision that a player in his role would have. dinking  the ball round the corner or slotting it through a gap for our strikers, he struggles with that.
[/quote]

Disagree. I think there are definitely signs that he has got the eye for that kind of ball but who have we got to run onto a ball? Cureton is meant to be that striker for us but he can''t run a defender. Lupoli maybe, he''s a bit quicker but not overly quick.

There were times last night when Hoolahan was looking to slip the ball but he knew there was nothing going to come of it.

he is a bright player , as you rightly said i think given the freedom (of which he now is) with a quick thinking forward , it would work.

hes not a robusk midfielder, more tactical, we need another andy towensend!!!! with him

there were also times where he held onto the ball far too long and his insistance on only using his left foot meant he limited himself in terms of delivering crosses or outwitting players.I think he will improve, he already has so far.  But if Carney replaces him in the line up, it wont disappoint me.

[quote user="missing in action"]there were also times where he held onto the ball far too long and his insistance on only using his left foot meant he limited himself in terms of delivering crosses or outwitting players.
I think he will improve, he already has so far.  But if Carney replaces him in the line up, it wont disappoint me.
[/quote]

Yeah, there was. Sometimes he does over cook it a bit. But some of those times where when he knew there was nothing on for him.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="missing in action"]there were also times where he held onto the ball far too long and his insistance on only using his left foot meant he limited himself in terms of delivering crosses or outwitting players.I think he will improve, he already has so far.  But if Carney replaces him in the line up, it wont disappoint me. [/quote]

Yeah, there was. Sometimes he does over cook it a bit. But some of those times where when he knew there was nothing on for him.

[/quote]i think we will have to agree to disagreehe has potential but he is guilty of as much poor play as good.

[quote user="eagle"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="DontPanic"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
As did Sky Sports News last night...
[/quote]

To be fair I thought it was straight at the keeper. Not an easy save but Curo could have kept his shot lower and tested him more.

[/quote]

I sit behind the goal in the barclay and it was NOT straight at the keeper,and it was a good save, but i still think he should have done better

It was a really good save from Davis last night to deny Cureton, plus Cureton was at an angle and it would have gone into the bottom corner if Davis didn''t get a hand to it, so you can hardly blame Cureton for that. Also I thought Hoolahan was immense last night, really looked like he was playing with confidence, did a great dummy in the first half and did anyone see that turn twizzle thing he did when he had 3 players on him? Really think Hoolahan is going to be an important player for us, and have I ever seen a professional footballer who is so one footed? Yes, David Bell.

He''s the only player (other than Clingan) who looked like creating anything last night (hence the cracking goal). At least he isn''t like Croft, who has so much ability but does such little too often. He should be steaming down that wing giving people options but he seems frightened to move. When he does get it he drifts in! So frustrating.....If a premier league team comes in for him I''d bite there hand off.

are people confusing two different shots from last night?

There was one where Davis made a very good save diving down to his left. 

There was another shot where cureton hit it straight at the keeper and should have done better!

But he kept Blackpool up, almost single handed as Grayson will tell you.  The Hooligan is a great player (my opinion) as long as you let him run riot and not try to pin him down to a position. I know it''s awkward but that is his game and where his greatest strength lies.  He drags defenders with him which creates gaps for other people - at Blackpool he was a marking nightmare.   Marking nightmares leave GAPS which others may have to take advantage of. 

If you prefer formulaic football then  he won''t be for you.  If you want an off the wall player told to go and try to cause chaos in the opposition penalty area then you have the right man. 

Bugger which foot he hits it with - in the Republic B international he sent two defenders the wrong way and laid on an inch perfect pass for the scorer.

Yes, he''s a liability sometimes (it''s a trait of the Irish) but who else do you have at the moment who would have had a go at that range last night?

And if you have why aren''t they?[:|]

[quote user="The Colonel"]

are people confusing two different shots from last night?

There was one where Davis made a very good save diving down to his left. 

There was another shot where cureton hit it straight at the keeper and should have done better!

[/quote]

The first save you mention was a Hoolahan shot, i sit in the upper Barclay and he hit it well but the keeper palmed it away.

The second save was Cureton banging it straight at the keeper, it hit his arm and went wide.