Sign in to follow this  
Stany

Purse Staying!

Hey guys.

Just stumbled upon some disappointing news. Firstly cardiff have had a bid accepted for Chris Porter, who I would love to see in the Norwich shirt. Secondly, Cardiff have confirmed that Darren Purse will not be allowed to leave them during the transfer window. So the search for that elusive centre half continues.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/7858094.stm

Feck.Wonder if he''ll ''do a Leon''... doubt it, no one ever goes to such extreme lengths to join us, just to leave us.................

We can hope at least! I''ve always rated the guy, and even at 31 could do a solid job for us. It''s getting to the stage where I''d nearly accept anyone at the back, minus Mr Shambles.

.....although I understand that Brum have just signed a centreback, making a certain Martin Taylor surplus to requirements.

I hope we can get something sorted out, in my opinion Purse is the type of player we sorely need at the moment. Have an awful feeling that once again our potential transfer dealings have been left too late yet again and we will end up with more emergency loans or going with what we''ve already got......

Although Gunny has said himself he is looking to buy, I fear that could well be the case. I watched Taylor play recently against Cardiff I believe and as much as i like the bloke, he looked very shaky. I have also always liked the look of Adam Barrett at Southend.

I would much rather we take the lower league option and even the non-league route too. Not excessively though, but it has been proven over the past few seasons that there are some decent players in the lower leagues. I think with Deehan also working as a Director of Football at Lincoln before he went to brum, he would use this to help pluck out some targets.

[quote user="Beauseant"].....although I understand that Brum have just signed a centreback, making a certain Martin Taylor surplus to requirements.[/quote]

Martin Taylor,now he would be the answer

[quote user="Yella N Green Blood"]

Cardiff have confirmed that Darren Purse will not be allowed to leave them during the transfer window. [/quote]

I think it is always wise to view these sort of statements with a pinch of salt.  A few weeks ago Lee Clarke was not going to Huddersfield - clubs make statements to drive up the price etc all the time.  We will only know the answer on Monday.

Still think something will come of this, Purse came to the game Tuesday evening for talks, to be told Thursday afternoon you aren''t going anywhere. He could have hung on 24hrs and saved a hell of journey.Just doesn''t add up, D.Jones said if he can find a replacement you can leave. This was Tuesday,Wednesday Jones had a game to prepare for so not really a day of negotiations, which leaves today and do we really believe that Jones has give up on a replacement that easily if Purse really wants to leave.I aint buying it Cardiff are playing hardball.

[quote user="one 4 the future"]

Still think something will come of this, Purse came to the game Tuesday evening for talks, to be told Thursday afternoon you aren''t going anywhere. He could have hung on 24hrs and saved a hell of journey.Just doesn''t add up, D.Jones said if he can find a replacement you can leave. This was Tuesday,Wednesday Jones had a game to prepare for so not really a day of negotiations, which leaves today and do we really believe that Jones has give up on a replacement that easily if Purse really wants to leave.I aint buying it Cardiff are playing hardball.

[/quote]

Fair comment, and I believe he''s out of contract in the summer,so its their last chance to get a fee for him. I also notice on the BBC site that Hull have agreed a fee with a mystery club to sell Wayne Brown,who''s someone I rate highly.

[quote user="one 4 the future"]

[/quote]

I agree, who knows maybe a deal is already being done.  Let''s face it, if a player wants to leave he will, whether the club says he can leave or not.

Knowing our luck though he won''t be coming to Norfolk anytime soon lol.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="one 4 the future"]

[/quote]

Fair comment, and I believe he''s out of contract in the summer,so its their last chance to get a fee for him. I also notice on the BBC site that Hull have agreed a fee with a mystery club to sell Wayne Brown,who''s someone I rate highly.

[/quote]Is there any hint that we maybe the mystery club?

I don''t think that there is any doubt that Purse will leave Cardiff - have a look on wikipedia and you will see that him and Jones don''t see eye to ey. It could end up being a very shrewd move in that if he is available for free in the summer he is able to talk to us now so whether Cardiff let him go now or not he could still be ours.I also noted the Wayne Brown link. There are a few problems with him in my view. First of all he is an ex scum player, secondly if we sign Purse and Brown we are looking at two 31 year old players on top of Stefanovic, all very well appart from they will all be top wage earners I should imagine and what we may need in addition to those is a young understudy and someone that could offer pace for when we are playing against a nippy centreforward.

Good, I don''t want Purse. He''s awful. He was a decent player 5 years ago, not anymore. Past it.

Make of this what you will, from his blog...

Of course I´m out of contract in the summer and I´d like to get things sorted before that. If a new contract is offered to me at Cardiff I´d have no hesitation in signing it. I love it here. When I first came three-and-a-half years ago I could see that it was a club going places and that is even more true now. It´s a great club, the chairman and the manager have things on the right track and we have amazing fans. We still have a pretty small squad and I´m sure the gaffer will need to keep bodies at the club so hopefully I can stay here.

Hopefully Gunn has other defensive targets. Essentially, if we can get a defender permenently for a reasonable price we should, the less work in the summer the better. Maybe.

totally irrelivant but did i read somewhere that darren purse is a qualified helicopter pilot?  and  when he joined cardiff he stayed in birmingham and flew in to training everyday rather than move to wales ?   [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "]totally irrelivant but did i read somewhere that darren purse is a qualified helicopter pilot?  and  when he joined cardiff he stayed in birmingham and flew in to training everyday rather than move to wales ?   [:D][/quote]Perfect! He can land in any field nearby anywhere in norfolk!