Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

koroma gone back..

now that was a real worth while loan signing by roeder ... did he ever play ..!!!

hes gone back to portsmouth , good move gunn hardly any point keeping a player if hes never going to be used .

what a waste of money roeder , he really was a joke that bloke.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]But are WE still paying his wages?[:S][/quote]No, the loan has been terminated.

[quote user="Broken_hearted_canary"]Am i not right in thinking we had to carry on paying marshall''s wages when we was on loan to use from celtic & got injured in the Chelsea FA cup game?[/quote]You maybe, but Koroma''s loan has been terminated, therefore there is NO contract existing between the two clubs in regards to Omar Koroma.

His appearance in the starting eleven at the Southampton away game was the most suspicious selection I’ve seen in years. Hadn’t featured in ages, mainly an unused sub, then suddenly as if by a miracle of football management he gets a game at…..wait for it……

AT THE NEAREST GROUND TO PORTSMOUTH !!!

I’ll leave you to draw your own conclusions as to why this happened.

[quote user="singing canary"]so that was a few grand thrown down the drain ... well done roeder !!![/quote]Lucky it was a loan then eh?  See they aren''t all that bad [:P]

[quote user="singing canary"]i bet it still cost a bit to get him here , which could have been used else where , loan fees etc wages[/quote]For an 18 year old Gambian striker who has never played in England before?  I doubt it.  Wages yes, but other things, no.  Proved by what was mentioned about him playing a So''ton,  I think ''Arry did Glenn a favour which obviously didn''t pay off [:P]

In a positive light I can see it as Gunn starting to put right the carnage that was Glenn Roeder. Makes me wonder what planet Roeder was on when you look at some of the things he did. But then again I am just a mere mortal, who has never managed England. So who am I to reason why and try to understand.

From what little I saw of him, OJ has some potential but needs a spell well down the pecking order in order to get used to the English game. Still, no where near ready for us and the right decision to allow him to leave.

[quote user="JohnoBono"]Makes me wonder what planet Roeder was on when you look at some of the things he did. But then again I am just a mere mortal, who has never managed England. So who am I to reason why and try to understand.[/quote]Funny thing is Roeder got rid of all the dead wood from Grants squad and then just went and got his own dead wood.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="JohnoBono"]Makes me wonder what planet Roeder was on when you look at some of the things he did. But then again I am just a mere mortal, who has never managed England. So who am I to reason why and try to understand.[/quote]

Funny thing is Roeder got rid of all the dead wood from Grants squad and then just went and got his own dead wood.
[/quote]

So glad it hasn''t taken long for chippy to realise he was no good, more money to splash out on perminant signings 

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I think ''Arry did Glenn a favour which obviously didn''t pay off [:P][/quote]Not for Glenn, anyway... remember their feud from a number of years back, something to do with Wet Sham?"Hi, Glenn? Yeah, it''s ''Arry.  Nah, dahn''t ''ang up, mucker, ''ear me art! I know we''ve bin frough a lot, but I''ve got somefink you might be interested in. No, not Sandra. Listen, Glenny boy, I''ve got this young fella coming to play for me, real diamond geezer.  Only problem is e''s a little rough around the edges, know what I''m saying.  Needs tuffenin'' up a bit, innit.  Reckon he''d fit righ'' in at your gaff and word on the street is you''re into your loans.  Yeah, ''ave a fink if you want, mull it over.  Whassat? You''ll take him straight away? Nice one, mate.... let us know ''ow he gets on, will ya? Ta..."''Arry hangs up, lights up a Cuban, then dials a second number on his phone and leans back in his monstrous leather chair...Phone rings.  A man''s voice answers."Alrigh'' Daniel? Yeah, it''s ''Arry.  ''Ow''s wossisname gettin'' on? Yeah, OneDay, whatever he''s called.  Listen, you know my plan?  Yes mate, sorted... I''ve stitched ''em up right proper.........................................."With apologies to Cockneys.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="JohnoBono"]Makes me wonder what planet Roeder was on when you look at some of the things he did. But then again I am just a mere mortal, who has never managed England. So who am I to reason why and try to understand.[/quote]Funny thing is Roeder got rid of all the dead wood from Grants squad and then just went and got his own dead wood.[/quote]Yeah and Grant was supposed to have gotten rid of the dead wood from worthingtons squad, hope gunny learns from previous errors cause i get the feeling we''re going round in circles here. RE: Koroma given that he played only 6 times would it not have been cheaper and more beneficial to have used one of our young players if only for the experience renton or martin?

[quote user="singing canary"]

now that was a real worth while loan signing by roeder ... did he ever play ..!!!

hes gone back to portsmouth , good move gunn hardly any point keeping a player if hes never going to be used .

what a waste of money roeder , he really was a joke that bloke.

[/quote]

Same goes for Troy Archibald whatever, now gone to exeter on loan. Sums up Roeders thinking, a player he thinks is good enough for us ends up in the bottom tier.

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"] a player good enough for us ends up in the bottom tier.[/quote]

I know its edited but, Paul McVeigh, Clint Easton, Gary Holt.... 3 influential players in our play off run.. 3 players now in the toilet league of English football... just goes to show how fast the game changes

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"] a player good enough for us ends up in the bottom tier.[/quote]

I know its edited but, Paul McVeigh, Clint Easton, Gary Holt.... 3 influential players in our play off run.. 3 players now in the toilet league of English football... just goes to show how fast the game changes

[/quote]

True but the difference is when we signed them they actually played games aswell as done a job for us. Few of Roeders many signings { countless loanees} did that.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]Easton was crap

yeah i liked McVeigh, he was good, when Hux first came, with crouch, when he was a striker, him McVeigh (on teh left) and drury where really good when attacking on the left

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

His appearance in the starting eleven at the Southampton away game was the most suspicious selection I’ve seen in years. Hadn’t featured in ages, mainly an unused sub, then suddenly as if by a miracle of football management he gets a game at…..wait for it……

[/quote]

Yes!

Another example of Roeders complete ineptness and blind obsession with Premiership reserve no marks that were recommended to him by his supposed good contacts!

I bet Roeder had never seen him play before!

I saw nearly all of Koromas games for us and all he was, was a headless chicken who could run but do nothing with the ball. Histons Danny Wright who comes from Attleborough would of done better!

Tragic for the club that we had to endure Roeder and that Hucks a guy who''d of been more productive than Koroma, Eagle, Henville, Sibierski put together was pi*sing about in a freindly game at Yarmouth last night when he should still be a Norwich player!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

Yes!

Another example of Roeders complete ineptness and blind obsession with Premiership reserve no marks that were recommended to him by his supposed good contacts!

I bet Roeder had never seen him play before!

I saw nearly all of Koromas games for us and all he was, was a headless chicken who could run but do nothing with the ball. Histons Danny Wright who comes from Attleborough would of done better!

Tragic for the club that we had to endure Roeder and that Hucks a guy who''d of been more productive than Koroma, Eagle, Henville, Sibierski put together was pi*sing about in a freindly game at Yarmouth last night when he should still be a Norwich player!

[/quote]

Can''t argue with that. Appositely put, if I may say !

[quote user="Ginger Pele"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Easton was crap
[/quote]

Easton wasn''t the greatest but he still done 20X''s more than what Koroma did!

Its a massive slur on football managers that Glen Adolf Roedernowhere was called one!

Wasn''t Koroma the player that Glenn Roeder raved about being a "smooth mover"?  Mind you, he also said that Carl Cort would be "the ace up our sleeve".

He did talk an awful lot of b*llocks at times didn''t he?