Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Goals from Norwich v Southampton

hooligans goal is even sweeter 2nd time round! i was actually thinking it was a shame it was scored at the barclay.. if it had been scored at the river end we could fo seen it in all its glory as it flew through the air! lol!

jas :)

Grounds'' awareness is poor really, isn''t it... that''s what we get for signing a defender from Middlesbloodybrough...Hope we get Purse in in the next few hours so he''s available for tomorrow... unlikely, but I can dream!

agreed, the 2nd was a shocker, basic schoolboy error, I could have defended that far better myself.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Grounds'' awareness is poor really, isn''t it... that''s what we get for signing a defender from Middlesbloodybrough...Hope we get Purse in in the next few hours so he''s available for tomorrow... unlikely, but I can dream![/quote]Going to be a strange experience listening tomorrow on the radio.  Saturday will feel like a Sunday!

Totally agree that it was Grounds fault, but im thinking it wouldnt have been a goal if Marshall would of carried on coming out and punched the ball, or took the player out!

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]Grounds'' awareness is poor really, isn''t it... that''s what we get for signing a defender from Middlesbloodybrough...Hope we get Purse in in the next few hours so he''s available for tomorrow... unlikely, but I can dream![/quote]Going to be a strange experience listening tomorrow on the radio.  Saturday will feel like a Sunday![/quote]Woo-hoo, three day weekend!

It wasn''t so much his marking, but more his attempt at the header.

First he went for it then he ducked out. It was almost as if he thought there was no one there!

I think Marshall should have at least challenged for the ball in mid air, he could see the Soton man was going to get a free header because of the slack marking, he started to come, dithered and retreated, to late the ball was past him.

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

I think Marshall should have at least challenged for the ball in mid air, he could see the Soton man was going to get a free header because of the slack marking, he started to come, dithered and retreated, to late the ball was past him.

[/quote]

I agree, however, little blame can go to Marshall. Whether he should have come or not, a player just simply cannot get between your two central defending like that - and just on principle of doing so I think he deserved to score. Grounds was at fault, Doc had his man marked and covered. Simple error, simple goal and two points down the pan.

Also, first half,  countless times Grounds hoofed the ball up the arris of the attacker closing him down. Schoolboy errors which you would hope he will lose over time, but we do need some experience on the pitch.

Don''t know about that Jas, I had a perfect view of it, one of those that you just know is going to end up at the back of the net. A superb strike, one of the best I have seen, that''s for sure.