Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Helveg signs for Norwich

The third quality signing behind Bentley and Gallacher. And I am aware of all the signings we have made. Well done all at Norwich City that made this happen.

If we get Primus we''ll have gone from having a questionable (I know that''s controversial, but correct in my humble opinion) defence to a very very reasonable one indeed! Well done Worthy.

Brilliant news!!!!

So chuffed with that - are the pictures of him signing the contract taken today? Has he flown back again?!

Hopefully now, primus will want to play with him, then Sutton will come home...

Brilliant Signing...I think it ranks up there with the Huckerby signing. To think we will have an experienced Serie A defender who proved himself at international level as well is amazing.

Well done Worthy!!!

Just goes to show how Nigel keeps quiet and pulls another suprise out of his sleeve. Helveg was never mentioned during earlier rumours concerning who we will sign. I wonder who else he has up his sleeve that we haven''t already mentioned.

Paradox, steady mate. One thing at a time. HAPPY DAYS though. The red carpet treatment strikes again. We should just kidnap potentional signings, chloroform them & wake them up at Colney-job done!

Weston Canary.... not from Weston Longville by chance are you?

Anyway, this all makes sitting in front of the computer at lunch, checking the latest news again & again, all worthwhile. Any guesses on his ages anyone? Whats left in the kitty?

Come on Worthy, pull another suprise out...

That is absolutely magic, just turned on the computer again and it will be hard to better the feeling. Absolutely magic. I must admit to thinking that he may have wanted to go to a bigger club, but we are a big club now!

It may improvre our Danish profile too, just as an aside, flog a few shirts over there.

This and the cricket wow!

Great News - Not so sure about the Primus deal though, Harrry Redknapp said on Sky awhile ago that he wanted to keep him at Pompey. Still, what a steal today - well done Nigel

OTBC

Eleven out of ten for the old charm offensive, Worthy! Brilliant stuff. He could sell mint cake to Kendal that one!

Excellent, I''m glad it wasn''t a hairdresser rumour after all. What a signing, I''ve watched Italian football for ages and he''s always looked good for AC Milan. As for Inter, I couldn''t say but he also looked good in Euro 2004.

Just think what he''ll be able to teach Shackell.

To Paradox..no, Weston super mare. Just south of Bristol. I think I''m probably the only person for miles around who is even bothered we have signed Helveg!! All my Utd, Liverpool & Chelsea supporting colleagues just laughed. The binner who works here went green & muttered something along the lines of "...let''s see this time next year".

Weston Super Mare would be the other (well known) Weston aprt from Weston Longville! (its a lovely little village 10 miles west of Norwich famous for a Dinosaur Park & the Parson Woodforde''s diaries). Good on you weston canary!! Don''t listen to any of those twerps around you. You can ask you Utd mate how they got on against Wolves last year. Just sit there and enjoy this moment and wait for Worthy''s next move...

Game on!

Superb! I''m sure he will not be on massive wages as it would against everything Delia etc has said about not ruining the club. He''ll also have a relegation clause I bet, to make his wages drop and give him the option of finding another club if we do go down. This board of ours are no mugs and we will NOT end up in the same position as Ipswich if we get relegated.

Ama

This guy chose us ahead of Spurs and Everton.

Wake up doubters - we are going places.

Quality!

Wizard, whats the score, wizard, wizard whats the score?

Top effort by the management team (& thanks to Steeno) to get the man to sign on the dotted line. I was one of the doubters who thought that we were being used to get one of the other higher profile clubs to move in with an offer for him - more than happy to eat humble pie!

This has to go down as one of the best ever signings by the club - the bloke is a current international for a team who have just made the last 8 of Euro 2004, approaching nearly 100 caps and with a desire to play for his country in the next world cup. That, and his quality performances in Euro 2004, pursuades me that he is not here for a meal ticket after 10 highly successful years in Italian football (the home of the defensive game) but has a real desire to perform well, play regularly and keep fit for the full term of his contract.

A real sign(ing) of intent by the club

Kick It Off...