Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Chimp

Official SMS: David Bell Sold to Coventry

So much for "we wont be selling anybody" "we need to build the squad"

Another to chalk up to Roeder and his playing people out of position.

Having paid his wages since last summer for very little, as he was injured, this is yet another good piece of business!!

All we can hope for is whatever we get for him buys yet more glasses for Yellows!

Not surprised.  Once Carney signed, it had to spell the end for Bell or Croft.  Don''t know how I feel about that.  Was young and had potential, but was never fit from the time we bought him.  Hope it doesn''t backfire on us long term.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Having paid his wages since last summer for very little, as he was injured, this is yet another good piece of business!!

All we can hope for is whatever we get for him buys yet more glasses for Yellows!

[/quote]

Gunny said.

I don''t need to sell, so it''s given me an opportunity to keep the squad that we''ve got. I''ve got an opportunity to do what I want with the squad until the end of the season and until anything happens, I''m quite happy with the numbers we''ve got

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Gunny said.

I don''t need to sell, so it''s given me an opportunity to keep the squad that we''ve got. I''ve got an opportunity to do what I want with the squad until the end of the season and until anything happens, I''m quite happy with the numbers we''ve got

[/quote]

You must be in a minority there then.

The trouble is that having such a paper thin squad means that if any of them play poorly (Semi against Southampton - he was dire), they are still guaranteed to start the next match.

Renew your season ticket anyone...  [W]

Bell was never going to be here too long - I think the expectations by him were too high on arrival, plus something tells me he doesn''t expect us to improve under Bryan Gunn, otherwise he would of stuck around a while longer. I would be very interested to find out what he was sold for, but I don''t think we have made more than say 200K/300K on what we paid for him.

Don''t believe the plea about wanting to be closer to his family - that''s bulls***.