Sign in to follow this  
Fisherman

Sheffield United Fans opinions on Craney

After visiting Blades United fans forum, there seems to be a lot of mixed opinions on David Carney:

• "Me too. Slow, lazy, completely unwilling to challenge for headers..."
  •  

• "Quite amazed that anyone in the Championship has taken him to be honest. That said, good luck to him."

• "... can I be the first to say that he''s the best left winger we''ve ever had and was treated disgracefully at Bramall Lane.

Watch Norwich finish above us now.

BRING BACK NADE"
  • "Hope he goes and has a stormer and proves to Blackwell that having the unfortunate traits of being good on the ball and being able to pass it can actually work in this division"
  •  

• "Just like our other former midfield hero Mike Tonge perhaps? Carney didnt do anything in terms of a good performance for us in the time he was here. Why do you suddenly want him to pay like a champ other than a poor attempt to spite the club you say you support..?"
  • I found this comment rather amusing however,

"He''s probably gone to teach Delia how to grill kangaroo steaks on the barbie.With his yellow hair, he''ll look like Tweetie Pie in their kit.."

•  

[quote user="CT "]Considering Forest fans labelled Clingan as use-less I think we can take the above opinion with a little pinch of salt.
    [/quote]

most of the fans i know in Nottingham rated him pretty highly

[quote user="Cartoon Head"]

[quote user="CT "]Considering Forest fans labelled Clingan as use-less I think we can take the above opinion with a little pinch of salt.[/quote]

[/quote]Ditto, they were quite sour that he left!

"He''s probably gone to teach Delia how to grill kangaroo steaks on the

barbie.With his yellow hair, he''ll look like Tweetie Pie in their kit.."Love that line !

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Cartoon Head"]

[quote user="CT "]Considering Forest fans labelled Clingan as use-less I think we can take the above opinion with a little pinch of salt.[/quote]

[/quote]Ditto, they were quite sour that he left![/quote]Agreed - I was told we''d pinched their best player. Still surprised they let him go.

[quote user="Cartoon Head"]

[quote user="CT "]Considering Forest fans labelled Clingan as use-less I think we can take the above opinion with a little pinch of salt.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed CH, I got that impression too.

From those comments it seems Divid Carney''s considered in a similar fashion at Bramall Lane as David Bell was here - Generally good on the ball, but not a ''blood and thunder'' type of player, which will split opinion between fans who put more emphasis on technical ability, and those that value sheer determination and willing.