Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

Reserve Team Games

I am wondering if the policy can change under Gunny. For my part I would love a system whereby there was a Resrve Team game at Carrow Road every alternate Saturday so that fans could build up a feeling for the boys coming up.  I am sure some good prospects could be tempted to join Norwich if they thought they could perform on a big stage at least once a fortnight in the season.

I suppose the cost of opening the ground for an initial small attendence would be prohibitive so there would have to be a charge to Season ticket holders who currently get into Reserve team games for free. I would not mind that,

Maybe teams to play would continue to be invited teams but all the top Norfolk and Suffolk teams would be involved. I would like to see a prize put up by sponsors of say £500 with winner takes all which would add a bit of needle to the game with a "golden " goal if there was a draw at full time,

I too would like the reserve games reinstated Bobert. Not sure about the Saturday thing (particularly in the spring months as the club does a lot of weddings/parties then). But if they can fund a reserve game on a weekday night then why not on Saturday? It was a bit of a plus getting in for free as a season ticket holder but I am sure some of us would be prepared to pay a nominal fee (as in the recent youth cup games).

There is the chance to watch Academy games at Colney for free though, always used to enjoy them Saturday mornings before the first team match years ago.

I also agree.  Was a bit annoyed when we stopped the reserve games.  It was a game that I used to take my nephew to each game.  He did not enjoy the first team games, too much shouting and swearing, giving that he is only 6.  Hopefully as from next season we can get back to playing reserve team games, and I also would not mind a small fee.

Sadly, now that City are not allowed in the Premier League reserve league (I cannot understand why not - they get decent crowds for reserve games and are not too far from London) I don''t think it is liklely we will ever see regular reserve team football gain.

I was only thinking the same thing this week. There''s currently no opportunities for the Lappin''s & Eagle''s of this world to impress, & little opportunity for the likes of Kris Renton (somebody will probably tell me that Robert Eagle & Kris Renton are injured ), or other young pros, other than in Academy games. If anyone is listening my vote is for the early resumption of regular, competitive reserve games at Carrow Road  

why dont we join the ridgeons  league next season? will give the fringe players games every week and also good for the local teams to make some money .