Sign in to follow this  
Canary02 III

Brave decision by Gunn

Presumably Gunn has taken the decision that he will create his own transfer budget and opted to sell from the only position we have profitable quality in. With Bell apparantly keen to go and Crofty likely to raise less than usual because of his impending Bosman status, it was better to sell Bell assuming that Crofty will definitely do as indicated and sign a new contract. However, with the Bell funds and the Eventguard money, plus whatever Foulger has been putting together, the board has got to provide funds to Gunny.

Just a thought but Ched has notably not signed for any of the clubs bidding for him, he was another that signed up to Melissa Gunn''s "Give my dad a job" Facebook group so he obviously likes Gunny, and £1.2m might not be impossible now...

I''d have settled for Ched, Purse, and the Aussie on loan in exchange for Bell at the start of the window.

I believe Crofty will sign a new contract.  Gunn has said that they are now in talks with his agent, and Croft has said that he is positive with Norwich city.  This to me is good news, hopefully he will sign a contract sooner rather than later.

Or more like he had little choice because the player wanted to go! An offer mysteriously came in soon afterwards and the rest is history - aren''t agents great!

Is that a pic of Belinda Carlisle by the way? God I used to have such a crush on her as a teenager!

[quote user="city4life"]I believe Crofty will sign a new contract.  Gunn has said that they are now in talks with his agent, and Croft has said that he is positive with Norwich city.  This to me is good news, hopefully he will sign a contract sooner rather than later.
[/quote]

He won''t. Why the hell would he stay when we are going down?

[quote user="Lol Morgan"]

[quote user="city4life"]I believe Crofty will sign a new contract.  Gunn has said that they are now in talks with his agent, and Croft has said that he is positive with Norwich city.  This to me is good news, hopefully he will sign a contract sooner rather than later.
[/quote]

[/quote]

To try and help us stay up maybe?  Or maybe he feels loyal, it''s rare these days with footballers but there are one or two out there who stick by a club no matter what.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Lol Morgan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To try and help us stay up maybe?  Or maybe he feels loyal, it''s rare these days with footballers but there are one or two out there who stick by a club no matter what.

[/quote]

Bless. We''ll see.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

Presumably Gunn has taken the decision that he will create his own transfer budget and opted to sell from the only position we have profitable quality in. With Bell apparantly keen to go and Crofty likely to raise less than usual because of his impending Bosman status, it was better to sell Bell assuming that Crofty will definitely do as indicated and sign a new contract. However, with the Bell funds and the Eventguard money, plus whatever Foulger has been putting together, the board has got to provide funds to Gunny.

Just a thought but Ched has notably not signed for any of the clubs bidding for him, he was another that signed up to Melissa Gunn''s "Give my dad a job" Facebook group so he obviously likes Gunny, and £1.2m might not be impossible now...

I''d have settled for Ched, Purse, and the Aussie on loan in exchange for Bell at the start of the window.

[/quote]

Makes you think they are putting the funds together to sign Evans (despite the £4m)

This is the main reason gunn was employed. He has been forced into this by the board as they know he will not protest against the board who are giving him his "big break"

Gunn is merely the boards puppet and most of his decisions will have already been decided for him. This is not a football decision because if it was it would not have happened, the board decided he was worth good proffit and sold him.

Great shame bell had the potential to become an exceptional player for us. Maybe he is just too good for a team like Norwich and we have just to except it?!

[quote user="Lol Morgan"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Lol Morgan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bless. We''ll see.

[/quote]

Why the patronising post? [:^)]

[quote user="Canary02 III"]he was another that signed up to Melissa Gunn''s "Give my dad a job" Facebook group so he obviously likes Gunny[/quote]Ched is, last I saw, still in regular contact with a number of people with links to the club (can''t comment on the players themselves since half the ones he played with have gone lol)... I''d love to get him back here and if we have the cash we''ve as good a chance as any given his links.However, I think we''ve learned from past experience that while it looks on the surface like there may be some ''bigger picture'' there very rarely is... I''m sure plenty of people will be saying ''let''s wait until after the transfer window to see what the board had up their sleeves,'' but I can''t help but think that they''ve got nothing and that letting Bell go is yet another example of the board being roughed up by agents and players demanding moves away (Francis, McKenzie, etc).We''ll see, I guess....

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]It wasn''t brave, it was smart! Bell didn''t want to play for Norwich = out the door!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Canary02 III"]he was another that signed up to Melissa Gunn''s "Give my dad a job" Facebook group so he obviously likes Gunny[/quote]Ched is, last I saw, still in regular contact with a number of people with links to the club (can''t comment on the players themselves since half the ones he played with have gone lol)... I''d love to get him back here and if we have the cash we''ve as good a chance as any given his links.However, I think we''ve learned from past experience that while it looks on the surface like there may be some ''bigger picture'' there very rarely is... I''m sure plenty of people will be saying ''let''s wait until after the transfer window to see what the board had up their sleeves,'' but I can''t help but think that they''ve got nothing and that letting Bell go is yet another example of the board being roughed up by agents and players demanding moves away (Francis, McKenzie, etc).We''ll see, I guess....[/quote]Agreed, we always "wait until after the transfer window to see what the board had up their sleeves" and generally it is nothing but a few sob stories about deals they "nearly" did.I just can''t see the board handing Gunn any money to make permanent signings considering he only a has a contract for a few months.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

This is the main reason gunn was employed. He has been forced into this by the board as they know he will not protest against the board who are giving him his "big break"

Gunn is merely the boards puppet and most of his decisions will have already been decided for him. This is not a football decision because if it was it would not have happened, the board decided he was worth good proffit and sold him.

Great shame bell had the potential to become an exceptional player for us. Maybe he is just too good for a team like Norwich and we have just to except it?!

[/quote]

Are you Lincoln canary or Golden Coppell today?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

Are you Lincoln canary or Golden Coppell today?

[/quote]

Are they the same person then?  Have I missed something [:O]

Er because we got in a left sided midfielder who might actually show some interest and not bottle a 50:50 challenge?WHY ARE PEOPLE PANICKING - if the cash for Bell gets added to bids that got us Purse and Lita or Evans would you be meaowing like kittens then?Wait and see.[quote user="ridgeman"]What happened to the Bell for Ward rumour, oh sorry Bells going nowhere, oh sorry we want to buy not sell I am sorry but the club is   heading nowhere. Why sell a few hours before a six point game.[/quote]

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Er because we got in a left sided midfielder who might actually show some interest and not bottle a 50:50 challenge?

WHY ARE PEOPLE PANICKING - if the cash for Bell gets added to bids that got us Purse and Lita or Evans would you be meaowing like kittens then?

Wait and see.

[quote user="ridgeman"]What happened to the Bell for Ward rumour, oh sorry Bells going nowhere, oh sorry we want to buy not sell I am sorry but the club is   heading nowhere. Why sell a few hours before a six point game.[/quote][/quote]

Will wait and see, it''s not the end of the world that Bell has gone, he didn''t want to be here and I don''t want to see any player who isn''t happy playing for NCFC.

[quote user="Lol Morgan"]

[quote user="city4life"]I believe Crofty will sign a new contract.  Gunn has said that they are now in talks with his agent, and Croft has said that he is positive with Norwich city.  This to me is good news, hopefully he will sign a contract sooner rather than later. [/quote]

[/quote]I love to see people as positive as myself and others about us staying up..true fan obviously!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Beauseant"]Are you Lincoln canary or Golden Coppell today?

[/quote]

[/quote]Outed themselves yesterday on the "were(sic) going down" thread... golden coppel tried to make out that he had some kind of disease that affected their typing, then accidentally responded to another post with the lincoln canary profile.  Thought he/she''d done a runner, tbh, surprised to see them back!I''m just waiting for the "I logged onto my friend''s PC and forgot to sign him out" defence.................. [;)]

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Er because we got in a left sided midfielder who might actually show some interest and not bottle a 50:50 challenge?

[/quote]

Yes that right folks, ''interest'' and commitment to a 50:50 challenge are far more important than seven assists in twelve starts.

Maybe we should get Andy Hughes back [:^)]

Totally agree Shack and why all this ''he didn''t want to play for us? That is a typical quote used universally.

It may be true in that he can''t see himself getting a regular first team place but requesting to leave for family reasons? No way!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Beauseant"]Are you Lincoln canary or Golden Coppell today?

[/quote]

[/quote]
Outed themselves yesterday on the "were(sic) going down" thread... golden coppel tried to make out that he had some kind of disease that affected their typing, then accidentally responded to another post with the lincoln canary profile.  Thought he/she''d done a runner, tbh, surprised to see them back!

I''m just waiting for the "I logged onto my friend''s PC and forgot to sign him out" defence.................. [;)]
[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhhhh yes remember that now lol.