Sign in to follow this  
Sing up the river end

Money to spend

Ok so we have sold Bell for somewere in between 400 and 800k at a guess.As I stated in another thread the rumour was in the mail that Norwich were set to double their 400k they spent.Add to this we sold some rights off the other day.You will have to forgive me I can''t remember exactly what it was, but it made us another £300k, of which we were not sure how much was going in the transfer kitty.So we could have anything upto £1 million so spend and if we are going to buy anyone in this transfer window only 48 hours to do it in.Or is this another case of this money is going to go on loanees once again, and by the end of the season we will have nothing to show for it.I feel if the money is left there until the summer they will say it has been eaten up by the day to day runnings of the club and only about 250k would be available.On the other hand you have the last minute rush of the over inflated january transfer window and panic buying at the end.It really is a nightmare to know what the best thing to do is,all this of course is if you even have the right players in mind to buy now anyway.For what it is worth I think we will just get a couple of loans in and that will be the end of the cash,which at the end of the day might only be £100k of that deal and £400k for BellTough times indeed.

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]Ok so we have sold Bell for somewere in between 400 and 800k at a guess.As I stated in another thread the rumour was in the mail that Norwich were set to double their 400k they spent.Add to this we sold some rights off the other day.You will have to forgive me I can''t remember exactly what it was, but it made us another £300k, of which we were not sure how much was going in the transfer kitty.

So we could have anything upto £1 million so spend and if we are going to buy anyone in this transfer window only 48 hours to do it in.Or is this another case of this money is going to go on loanees once again, and by the end of the season we will have nothing to show for it.

I feel if the money is left there until the summer they will say it has been eaten up by the day to day runnings of the club and only about 250k would be available.On the other hand you have the last minute rush of the over inflated january transfer window and panic buying at the end.It really is a nightmare to know what the best thing to do is,all this of course is if you even have the right players in mind to buy now anyway.

For what it is worth I think we will just get a couple of loans in and that will be the end of the cash,which at the end of the day might only be £100k of that deal and £400k for Bell

Tough times indeed.
[/quote]

lita 750k

ched evans - season long loan

alex bruce - 150 k

cody mcdonald - 50k

would that cheer you up?

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]So we could have anything upto £1 million so spend and if we are going to buy anyone in this transfer window only 48 hours to do it in.Or is this another case of this money is going to go on loanees once again, and by the end of the season we will have nothing to show for it.[/quote]The window was extended and closes a day later this year as deadline day falls on a Sunday.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Sing up the river end "]So we could have anything upto £1 million so spend and if we are going to buy anyone in this transfer window only 48 hours to do it in.Or is this another case of this money is going to go on loanees once again, and by the end of the season we will have nothing to show for it.[/quote]The window was extended and closes a day later this year as deadline day falls on a Sunday.[/quote]Ok 60 hours not 48 you get what I ment i''m sure

Zaystev it wasn''t ment to appear grumpy just on the side of realism.Unlike the players you have put I''m affraid.Yes I would be well happy with the players you mention,as I am sure most fans would be.But it''s not just a case of buying the players.I think the money we do have to spend would have to include(most of not all)the players wages.

Where do you think it cam from - nobody actually knows so you are just wildly speculating.[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

We have just paid out over £500k to get rid of Roeder, where did you think that money was coming from???

[/quote]

[quote user="Blue_Army"]

You only Loan Players!Your a Laughing Stock!!

[/quote]

Your so cool!!!! I bet you have lots of friends and you Mum is so proud.

[quote user="Blue_Army"]

You only Loan Players!Your a Laughing Stock!!

[/quote]

and your players are bought from the proceeds of guns sold to african states to be used by child soldiers

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

We have just paid out over £500k to get rid of Roeder, where did you think that money was coming from???

[/quote]Is there somewhere official that actually clarifies this, or is it simply conjecture?I was under the impression that there was a clause in Roeder''s contract which meant we could terminate at any point at the cost of 1 month''s salary, if this was actually the case, do you honestly think we were paying Roeder 125k per week because I sure as hell don''t...

[quote user="zaytsev aka "sharpshooter""]

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]Ok so we have sold Bell for somewere in between 400 and 800k at a guess.As I stated in another thread the rumour was in the mail that Norwich were set to double their 400k they spent.Add to this we sold some rights off the other day.You will have to forgive me I can''t remember exactly what it was, but it made us another £300k, of which we were not sure how much was going in the transfer kitty.

So we could have anything upto £1 million so spend and if we are going to buy anyone in this transfer window only 48 hours to do it in.Or is this another case of this money is going to go on loanees once again, and by the end of the season we will have nothing to show for it.

I feel if the money is left there until the summer they will say it has been eaten up by the day to day runnings of the club and only about 250k would be available.On the other hand you have the last minute rush of the over inflated january transfer window and panic buying at the end.It really is a nightmare to know what the best thing to do is,all this of course is if you even have the right players in mind to buy now anyway.

For what it is worth I think we will just get a couple of loans in and that will be the end of the cash,which at the end of the day might only be £100k of that deal and £400k for Bell

Tough times indeed.
[/quote]

lita 750k

ched evans - season long loan

alex bruce - 150 k

cody mcdonald - 50k

would that cheer you up?

keep taking the pills

Evans to Cardiff.

Lita staying at Reading till 2011,

Bruce to Villa,

Macdonalod, back to the burger bar