Sign in to follow this  
Irish canary

Unbelievable

So I logged onto the Pinkun today, and see the story "Gunn looking to buy not sell", onlt to be followed later on by David Bell had been sold to Coventry! The club has become a joke!! I cant believe Bell has been sold already!

[quote user="Irish canary"]So I logged onto the Pinkun today, and see the story "Gunn looking to buy not sell", onlt to be followed later on by David Bell had been sold to Coventry! The club has become a joke!! I cant believe Bell has been sold already![/quote]There''s actually no inconsistencies in this...Gunn advised that he didn''t need to sell, and that he''d had some conversations with other clubs, which he didn''t feel were worthwhile regarding transfers.However it would appear that Bell wanted to go, and that Coventry made an offer that Gunn/the board thought was reasonable and the club accepted this.He may not be looking to sell but if someone makes a good offer for a player who''s usually sat on our bench, then there''s a good reason to make the sale.

[quote user="Irish canary"]So I logged onto the Pinkun today, and see the story "Gunn looking to buy not sell", onlt to be followed later on by David Bell had been sold to Coventry! The club has become a joke!! I cant believe Bell has been sold already![/quote]

Apparently we won...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Irish canary"]So I logged onto the Pinkun today, and see the story "Gunn looking to buy not sell", onlt to be followed later on by David Bell had been sold to Coventry! The club has become a joke!! I cant believe Bell has been sold already![/quote]There''s actually no inconsistencies in this...

Gunn advised that he didn''t need to sell, and that he''d had some conversations with other clubs, which he didn''t feel were worthwhile regarding transfers.

However it would appear that Bell wanted to go, and that Coventry made an offer that Gunn/the board thought was reasonable and the club accepted this.

He may not be looking to sell but if someone makes a good offer for a player who''s usually sat on our bench, then there''s a good reason to make the sale.
[/quote]

Totaly aggree

But it wont stop people on here moanin'' at the board/gunn/club for ''selling one of our best players.''

You can''t keep someone here against their will.  Few Championship clubs are in a financial position to do so. I take Gunny''s comments at face value and accept them that Bell asked to leave, and we got a good enough offer for us to sell.  I would be surprised if we did not make a acquisition before the window closed... and a permanent one no less.

I do believe Bell prob asked to go, but is it not the job, to try get the lads to fit in, obviously Roeder was never going to do that, but give a player some incentive to stay and show you want him to stay, or do you believe if Crofty wants to go too we should just say here is the door, lets cash in and use the money to do up the cafeteria??!!!

Bell would of been quite happy to stay, if he was playing. He never ONCE got the opportunity to play on the right wing! In my eyes he was far far better than Pattison or Croft.

Croft will be gone come the end of the season and were will this leave us??

[quote user="colneycanary"]

Bell would of been quite happy to stay, if he was playing. He never ONCE got the opportunity to play on the right wing! In my eyes he was far far better than Pattison or Croft.

Croft will be gone come the end of the season and were will this leave us??

[/quote]

I agree with u colney, he is great in this position, I couldnt really say he is better than Croft, but certainly the potential to be is there! As for pattison, id take bell any day