Sign in to follow this  
carrotroad

City View: Was draw all that bad?

While I was dissapointed too, I agree with what is written on the Evening News site. We can''t get complacent because of a couple of good results. I hope the points dropped will spurn Gunn and the players on to put it right on friday evening. It''s gonna be a dogfight down there and we can''t afford to be the "chihuahua" can we?

I think Gunn will be sensible about the task ahead, but he''s still gotta prove it...even if he is the great Bryan Gunn...!

What''s in a name in this game?

[quote user="Flecky"]

While I was dissapointed too, I agree with what is written on the Evening News site. We can''t get complacent because of a couple of good results. I hope the points dropped will spurn Gunn and the players on to put it right on friday evening. It''s gonna be a dogfight down there and we can''t afford to be the "chihuahua" can we?

I think Gunn will be sensible about the task ahead, but he''s still gotta prove it...even if he is the great Bryan Gunn...!

[/quote]

Exactly, thanks Flecky.

[quote user="AJ"]Yes! It was! 2 points lost for sure!
[/quote]

Yes, and add to that the fact that a 2-0 win for us would have had a 4 goal difference impact against a key relegation rival and I would say it was pretty bad.  This is the sort of slip that costs at the end of a season of struggle.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Flecky"]

[/quote]

Exactly, thanks Flecky.

[/quote]

What would you like mrs. Tickers?  Robert? ...

After being 2-0 up against a fellow relegation rivals, it was disapointing but before the Barnsley if you of been told that Norwich would get 4 pts from their next 2 games and score 6 goals in the process you''d of took it!

We''ve now got to get something tomorrow night at the Keepmoat!

I can''t believe I am even entertaining the question ''was a draw that bad?''  Well, let me think about that one for a minute. We cannot pick up points away, so we can ill afford to drop them at home. Southampton are not topping the table. They are odds on to go down. And as much as it pains me to say it, so are we.

Yes, a draw was all that bad.If you go two goals up at home to the second bottom side in the league, especially when they were as timid and lacking in confidence as Southampton were in the first half, you close the game out.You do not let them back in the game, never mind score two goals.It was a poor second half display.  Gunn got it wrong, the players got it wrong and we might look back on that result, a supposed "home banker", and regret our poor performance.I don''t see the point of the article, to be honest, unless it''s saying "reality check - we''re still crap."  I would rather we had won 2-0 and walked away thinking "blimey, maybe I was wrong about Bryan Gunn."  But his inability to counter Southampton''s standard 4-4-2 second half was astounding and very worrying.

Call me old fashioned but drawing after being 2 goals up at home to a dreadful team without a proper manager, a team patched together from youngsters due to the crippling financial mess that the club is in, a team staring relegation in the face for the second year running, and a team from a club in crisis really is pretty bad however you dress it up.

It  was  a  game  we  could  not  afford  to  lose. before  the  game  i  would  have  said  a  draw  was  diappointing  but  not  too  bad  given  that  they  have  taken  @  18  points  away  from  home. Clearly  being  2  nil  up  at  HT  it  must  in  the  end  be  viewed  as  2  points  dropped

[quote user="Fonejacker"]

I can''t believe I am even entertaining the question ''was a draw that bad?''  Well, let me think about that one for a minute. We cannot pick up points away, so we can ill afford to drop them at home. Southampton are not topping the table. They are odds on to go down. And as much as it pains me to say it, so are we.

[/quote]

What makes it really bad is the fact that Southampton have only won one game at home all season and who was that against?

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]It  was  a  game  we  could  not  afford  to  lose. before  the  game  i  would  have  said  a  draw  was  diappointing  but  not  too  bad  given  that  they  have  taken  @  18  points  away  from  home. Clearly  being  2  nil  up  at  HT  it  must  in  the  end  be  viewed  as  2  points  dropped[/quote]Why do you take a deep breath between every word? [*-)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]It  was  a  game  we  could  not  afford  to  lose. before  the  game  i  would  have  said  a  draw  was  diappointing  but  not  too  bad  given  that  they  have  taken  @  18  points  away  from  home. Clearly  being  2  nil  up  at  HT  it  must  in  the  end  be  viewed  as  2  points  dropped[/quote]Why do you take a deep breath between every word? [*-)][/quote]

I think the Oxygen bottle must be low. [:D]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]It  was  a  game  we  could  not  afford  to  lose. before  the  game  i  would  have  said  a  draw  was  diappointing  but  not  too  bad  given  that  they  have  taken  @  18  points  away  from  home. Clearly  being  2  nil  up  at  HT  it  must  in  the  end  be  viewed  as  2  points  dropped[/quote]Why do you take a deep breath between every word? [*-)][/quote]

I think the Oxygen bottle must be low. [:D][/quote]Perhaps he types at high altitude! [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

I think the Oxygen bottle must be low. [:D][/quote]

Perhaps he types at high altitude! [:S]

[/quote]

[ap]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]It  was  a  game  we  could  not  afford  to  lose. before  the  game  i  would  have  said  a  draw  was  diappointing  but  not  too  bad  given  that  they  have  taken  @  18  points  away  from  home. Clearly  being  2  nil  up  at  HT  it  must  in  the  end  be  viewed  as  2  points  dropped[/quote]Why do you take a deep breath between every word? [*-)][/quote] I think the Oxygen bottle must be low. [:D][/quote]Perhaps he types at high altitude! [:S[/quote][ap][/quote]Thanks gasp Wazzy gasp got gasp it gasp now gasp. [Y]

Yes it was for the reasons stated above. We have to get points at home, doubly so when we play relegation rivals.

Fingers crossed for tonight and the can pull out a good performance.