Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

7 wins needed

I reckon we need 7 wins to stay up, i think the cut of point could be early fifties the way the bottom is half is panning out, as we have only won 8 in 29, this makes things very interesting, looking at our last 17 games i dont see 7 wins or even enough wins or draws to keep us up. What do you guys reckon. I want City to stay up but i will admit i am worried, Gunn in charge, still no strikers, no dominant centre half, we could push our luck once too often imo.

I can see the bottom 6 getting stuck, and about 48 points required.  If we''re not safe with a couple of games to go, we''ll have no-one to blame but ourselves.  This team can beat any team in the division on their day.  But their day has to involve not having lapses of concentration, which are far too common among our defenders for championship level professional footballers.  I can see us scoring goals though, so not overly worried about a striker.  We need a Darren Purse figure or similar.

I genuinely think that we only stand a chance of beating Doncaster, Blackpool, and Charlton out of our remaining away games.  And yes, I''m sorry, but that includes the scum.

If we get some decent home performances going - as we did against Wolves for example, then we''ll have no problem.  I can''t see those performances coming against the better performers in the league at the moment though, so from who we''ve got left at home, I think Bristol City, Coventry, Plymouth, Shef Wed, and Watford.

If we got those 8 wins I think it''d be tight, but I think we''d be ok.  Whether we can get those wins, or indeed points in games that I haven''t accounted for, remains to be seen.

I''d like to be proved wrong by the end of this evening, but I don''t think we''ll win any remaining away matches this season.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I reckon we need 7 wins to stay up, i think the cut of point could be early fifties the way the bottom is half is panning out, as we have only won 8 in 29, this makes things very interesting, looking at our last 17 games i dont see 7 wins or even enough wins or draws to keep us up. What do you guys reckon. I want City to stay up but i will admit i am worried, Gunn in charge, still no strikers, no dominant centre half, we could push our luck once too often imo.[/quote]

Totally agree with your post but not a chance of us winning seven games,your final sentence sums it up perfectly for me,someone wake me up please this nightmare has gone on long enough!!

Of  course  there  is  the  chance  of  winning  7  more  games. We  have  scored  more  goals  than  Birmingham  and  if  we  can  tighten  things  up  at  the  back  a  bit  we  will  be  fine

I think we need 21 more points to be safe. That to me sounds like 5 wins and 6 draws, and we have 18 more games left to do this. Plently of room for safety

there is only 17 games jimmy so in your opinion we might only lose 6 games from now on, which ever way its put, it looks mighty tough, as this team, who is capable of beating anyone, has only beaten 8 in 29 up to now.